Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 19 April 2011
Old 04-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #2  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning ALL! Great job yesterday, everyone! Tomorrow I meet with my trainer to start lifting weights and sculpting my new thinner body. I am sure I will gain pounds back, but it will be lean muscle mass which will help in keeping fat off and boost my metablolism. Keep up the good work all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
WOW Laura look at you!!!!!! You look amazing -- your journey pics are so inspiring. I heart your dress. You, and Juiceman, are kicking my booty in the weight loss department -I think your 55 pounds is INCREDIBLE WAY TO GO--it is great to see all of us who started together (big smile and wink...this will happen to those of you who started together) loose together -I look forward to watching and experiencing this journey with you (and moving on to our new phases eventually)!!!!
CheekyWit and Longdivision - We all three have had a great journey and it will continue at the pace our bodies dictate. We all three have had great success and will continue to. It is nice to see we are all still here working towards our goal. I know of a few people who have stopped the journey and are no longer here. I do wish I could help them and bring them back, but we have to want to do this and it is a very large personal committment. Thanks for sticking around and helping out.

We can do it, GIT R DUN! LOL!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #3  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning ALL! Great job yesterday, everyone! Tomorrow I meet with my trainer to start lifting weights and sculpting my new thinner body. I am sure I will gain pounds back, but it will be lean muscle mass which will help in keeping fat off and boost my metablolism. Keep up the good work all!

CheekyWit and Longdivision - We all three have had a great journey and it will continue at the pace our bodies dictate. We all three have had great success and will continue to. It is nice to see we are all still here working towards our goal. I know of a few people who have stopped the journey and are no longer here. I do wish I could help them and bring them back, but we have to want to do this and it is a very large personal committment. Thanks for sticking around and helping out.

We can do it, GIT R DUN! LOL!
Hey Juice, CheekyWit and Longdivision... Can I get in on some of that love??? I too started in January (well Dec 27th) and have been lurking/posting with you guys daily... On Tuesday I hit the lost 50 pounds mark and am just trucking along wonderfully. I may not post terribly often, but most often it is because you have all said everything there is to say and I just sit back, nod and laugh! But know that I am here, nodding, laughing and losing right along with you. I may even get up the courage to put up some pictures after Easter. I have been doing alternative products since day one, but still feel like part of the IP family. And am loving every minute. Gotta love this site and all the support and information. It has really kept me going. Onward and downward as they say!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
Hey Juice, CheekyWit and Longdivision... Can I get in on some of that love??? I too started in January (well Dec 27th) and have been lurking/posting with you guys daily... On Tuesday I hit the lost 50 pounds mark and am just trucking along wonderfully. I may not post terribly often, but most often it is because you have all said everything there is to say and I just sit back, nod and laugh! But know that I am here, nodding, laughing and losing right along with you. I may even get up the courage to put up some pictures after Easter. I have been doing alternative products since day one, but still feel like part of the IP family. And am loving every minute. Gotta love this site and all the support and information. It has really kept me going. Onward and downward as they say!!!
We share the love with all! Great job so far! I have switched to Alternative Products for the past 6 weeks. Posting pictures is a great motivator. Trust me, I didn't want to do it since mainly women are on here and I wanted progress pics in just gym shorts. I did not want to offend or gross anyone out, but decided to take the risk and post em. It has helped me a bunch. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
We share the love with all! Great job so far! I have switched to Alternative Products for the past 6 weeks. Posting pictures is a great motivator. Trust me, I didn't want to do it since mainly women are on here and I wanted progress pics in just gym shorts. I did not want to offend or gross anyone out, but decided to take the risk and post em. It has helped me a bunch. Keep up the good work!
I'll take that love !!! Juice and Longdivision you have done awesome. I also started in Jan but seem to be a slow loser but loser all the same. Depending on WI today I may switch to Phase 2. I will not pay $90 a week to lose .02 lbs till goal.
Juice may contact you about alternatives.
I am a little nervous about today but it's my body and I am taking charge. Phase 2 here I come??
Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #6  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
I'll take that love !!! Juice and Longdivision you have done awesome. I also started in Jan but seem to be a slow loser but loser all the same. Depending on WI today I may switch to Phase 2. I will not pay $90 a week to lose .02 lbs till goal.
Juice may contact you about alternatives.
I am a little nervous about today but it's my body and I am taking charge. Phase 2 here I come??
Feel free to contact me about alternatives. It would still be wise to research on your own so you fully understand and not just taking someone else's word. This program is all about knowledge and understanding. Great job so far!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

hey everyone! my 2nd wi is coming Saturday, and i am really nervous. it seems that my home scale has not moved much and i am getting discouraged. i know that i have a few more days and i have remained faithful to the plan. i just really want to get this weight off. i lost 9lbs my first wi and i know i prob won't lose that much this time, but i should still lose right???????
Old 04-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Can someone offer any advice on how to get out of this stall I`m in? It`s been 3 weeks since I lost any weight and I`m fluctuating back and forth with the same 2 pounds. I have 8-10 more pounds to lose, and it`s just not coming off. What have some of you done to shake your body up and get it going again?? I`m in phase 2, have been for about 1 1/2 months. I tried going back to phase 1 for a week and still lost nothing and was alot more hungry so I went back to phase 2. Do I need to phase off and then go back on again? I`m just afraid to stop right now, because I don`t want to gain anything back, and get discouraged. But I`m discouraged right now! Do I add exercise in more regularly? Is there anyone who can give me some advice with this issue?? Thanks so much
Old 04-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #9  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
hey everyone! my 2nd wi is coming Saturday, and i am really nervous. it seems that my home scale has not moved much and i am getting discouraged. i know that i have a few more days and i have remained faithful to the plan. i just really want to get this weight off. i lost 9lbs my first wi and i know i prob won't lose that much this time, but i should still lose right???????
Congratulations for making it almost 2 weeks on IP! You've made it through the most difficult days.

I wish I could come and hide your scale! Weighing often IS discouraging and it messes with your mind. I highly recommend weighing once per week, but I know that in itself takes alot of willpower! LOL!

Weight loss with IP IS "Predictable and Repeatable". If you stay on the plan 100% you will lose weight!

Keep on keeping on! You can do this!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #10  
Moonstruck

S/C/G: 162/142/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Can someone offer any advice on how to get out of this stall I`m in? It`s been 3 weeks since I lost any weight and I`m fluctuating back and forth with the same 2 pounds. I have 8-10 more pounds to lose, and it`s just not coming off. What have some of you done to shake your body up and get it going again?? I`m in phase 2, have been for about 1 1/2 months. I tried going back to phase 1 for a week and still lost nothing and was alot more hungry so I went back to phase 2. Do I need to phase off and then go back on again? I`m just afraid to stop right now, because I don`t want to gain anything back, and get discouraged. But I`m discouraged right now! Do I add exercise in more regularly? Is there anyone who can give me some advice with this issue?? Thanks so much
I am right there with you. I am down 20 with 10 to go...and I have been stalled for a while. My mother passed away 6 months ago, and that has been part of my problem. I need to move forward with the last 10 pounds.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #11  
Start IP 3/9/11

Weigh in # 6 today. Down 7 pounds.....part of that was recovery from last weeks gain.

I'm ready to lose another 25+!

Wishing you ALL a terrific, perfect IP day!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #12  
Start IP 3/9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstruck View Post
I am right there with you. I am down 20 with 10 to go...and I have been stalled for a while. My mother passed away 6 months ago, and that has been part of my problem. I need to move forward with the last 10 pounds.
Moonstruck, I know how you feel!
I lost my mother two years ago and that is when I added 30 pounds to my body. I was depressed but didn't realize it until I came out from the depression a year later.
I was so embarrassed by my weight and couldn't believe I had done that to myself! It's almost like I didn't realize what I was doing, and I certainly didn't care at the time. I just missed my mom and was trying to help my dad cope.

It is a difficult time for you. I cheer you on in getting started on that last 10 pounds!!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone, I want to first say you all are a true motivation and I love this community as I see it an essential part of the IP program. Day 10 for me today and Im feeling great. I cant seem to be able to shake the big "C". I incorporate at least one whole bag of Romaine hearts a day! My coach told me to take Colace, but so far nothing. Going to Chilis for the hubby's B-day and then the movies. I already researched the menu and glad I can stay 100% OP! Everyone have a spectacular day
Old 04-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #14  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Good morning everyone,
Congrats on the losses and NSV's.

WI yesterday, lost 1.8lbs and started phase 3 today. I was a little worried I would over do it this morning, but I think I got it right. I felt a little full, but not overly.

Wishing everyone a great day. Stay strong
Old 04-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #15  

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!! I hope everyone had an OP day and enjoys their Wednesday! We are half way to the weekend!!!
Closed Thread