Old 04-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #1  

Default Purple Team NYNY 2011 Chat Week 2 (04/18 - 04/24)

Hello and welcome to week 2

I am posting this a bit early as I'm not sure I'll get back to the computer again tonight.

I hope you all had a great week and are still seeing some results from all your hard work and efforts.

Still working on getting rid of this cold but managed to get in 4 runs this week so that's good. Also down 2.8lbs so that is also good.

Week 13 results are posted and the Red Team won that so CONGRATULATIONS..
Old 04-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #2  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Purple Team Members!!!

Was gone to the coast, missed out on the last few days of week one, so:

Congratulations Red Team on winning week 13!!!!

Awesome Peanut!!! Onederland !!!!! When I grow up, I want to be just like you . . . and Selina, Jacky and all you lucky onederlanders.

Still doing the weights, but being gone, haven't weighed, nor been perfectly on plan, but not completely off either. We had a fabulous lunch at a culinary school. Small, but scrumptious. Will be more accountable this week. Feeling great though.

This is my work week (and next), so I may be on here sparingly, but I love to look in on all you hard working gals - thanks for all your inspiration. Hope I can provide some someday too.

ttyl

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 04-18-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #3  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Hi all. Sorry to have been a bit absent lately. I've actually been having a really hard time staying on plan lately. Too much going out, not enough planning. Hopefully this week will be better!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #4  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I have been gone a lot myself. I got a new job today at the front desk for a different hotel. Housekeeping and the hotel I am still currently at just aren't working out. Poor management and organization so I figure best to take the other job where I have a more set schedule and same pay rate. Not sure when I will start it just yet. Weight loss not so much. I have gotten off track thanks to being around my sons' dad and eating close to his eating habits. YUCK! Ready for my new place so I can get back on track.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #5  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Hi all! How is everyone doing? I struggled last week with my son away but managed to lose the 1.5 kgs that I put on when I was at The Whitsundays. This week I havent been tracking... something I am going to do after this. But I planned my meals for the week and have enjoyed some new WW recipes, Chunky Vegetable and Bean soup, Beef pie which I made without the pastry. LOL Today I am trying a new pasta dish...

My PT session was cancelled last night but I came home and worked out with my new DVD called Punch!, it came with weighted hand gloves. I just did the beginners workout and I loved it. Raised a lot of sweat.

Since my son has come home, I have been determined that he starts riding without training wheels, so everyday we have gone down to the park and he has rode and I have gone walking. Today I walked for nearly 1 and 1/2 hours. I am so proud of my son. He hasnt fallen off his bike since Sunday. He is getting so confident.

We went and saw a psychologist today, to help with our stresses, anxieties etc. she is good, I feel better that I spoke to someone and I know that she will also help my son. We will have fortnightly appointments until mid July. Liam has come back upset and asking why can't it be just him, his dad and me all living together... we have been separated for 5 years!!! It still affects him, and as a result I feel all the pain again.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #6  
No excuses this time!

Dora - I hope you had a great time on the coast! Ooooohhhh - that visit to the culinary school sounds good. I find I do better when I go back to work too many temptations on holidays and at home. I go back to work next Wednesday... already? I will have had a month of by then. It has gone soooo fast!

PageLynn - That's great that you found a new job! Those conditions do sound much better! When do you start?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:00 AM   #7  
Believing is Seeing

Hi Purple,

Working on my weight training, getting more and more into it. My cardio sessions are intense!!! My heart rate at one point was up to 162! And I'm learning to push myself when doing the actual weights. I learned its the last 2 or 3 lifts that count and those should be real hard to do.

Anyway, I think I finally broke my plateau, only a pound, but not counting it until its here for a couple of days.

Thanks Vanessa for the good wishes for the coast trip - on my new plan, I get one cheat day a week, and that was the day, so I'm still on plan. Its all good. Sounds like you and your son are having some beautiful, memory-making days with the biking and walking together. Beautiful.

Kinda quiet on here. Just a note to anyone interested - on the body building team I'm on, they are so-o-o-o encouraging and informative. You might want to check it out at. bodyforlife.com. I'm part of Team Triumph. pretty cool.

Well, here's hoping I meet my May 1 weight goal, I'm getting close and I think I'm in fat burning zone more than before so . . . we'll see.

Hope to see more activity here soon.

ttyl

Dora
Old 04-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #8  
No excuses this time!

Hi Purple team members - it is soooo quiet on here! I hope that means every one is out exercising and trying hard to get down to their next goal weight.

I tried a new recipe last night - Creamy pork and mushroom rigatoni... It wasnt my favourite but my son ate all of it, so it will become a regular meal when I finish making all my new recipes.

I am off to my sister's house today - she is supportive and has made a new WW recipe Potato and Leek soup for our lunch. Can't wait to try it, I also planned to make it and will make it over the weekend and freeze some portions so that I can have them when I dont feel like cooking or take to work for a better lunch. After lunch we are taking our boys to Mega Mini Golf... cant wait! I love being at home and on holidays. One more week left of holidays.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:31 AM   #9  
Believing is Seeing

Sad to see the emptiness here

Last edited by Doragone; 04-21-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been posting much. Things have been a little hectic here lately. It was my youngest son's birthday so I was busy with his party, and now my dd's birthday is coming up so I am working on her party. I also have my final exam coming up in a few weeks so I've been studying a lot. The weeks have been flying by!
I've been struggling to stay on plan, but this week has been good.

Skinnycow126 - Hope you are having a good week

Page - Congratulations on your new job!

Vanessa - I'm sorry your son is having a hard time :hugs: I hope you had a nice visit with your sister.

Dora - You are doing great I'm going to check out the Body For Life site.

Jacky - Awesome job with your running Hope your cold is gone!

Gotta run. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by Narnia99; 04-21-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #11  
Doing something for me!

Wow it has gotten very quiet here. I know life has gotten busier for me. End of the school year and it's only gonna get worse come may since I have an accelerated class that will have me doing homework every night.
My oldest son had dental surgery today (4 caps and a filling). He is doing well. The youngest son has an upper respiratory infection so he is on antibiotics (at only 6 months ). I hope to start my new job soon just waiting on background check.
Dora: Congrats on the body for life workouts. I love weight lifting. Ready to get back to regular workouts.
Vanessa: Thanks. Glad you have supportive family to help u on ur weight loss journey.
Narnia: Thanks. Hope you can stay on track. Good luck with the party.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:28 AM   #12  
Believing is Seeing

Good to see a little activity on here today =)

Narnia - birthdays, studying and staying on plan this week - you rock!!!

Page - The kids, new job and homework - how do you guys do it all??? Very proud of you.

Still enjoying the weight lifting, sore glutes today so I know I worked hard. Did my cardio tonight and . . . even though MIL was trying (I'm pretty sure it was blatant sabotage) to tempt me with 1) French Silk, slow churned ice cream, and . . . 2) key lime pie. I don't know if you guys remember when I gave in last time she did this, then found out that pie (a very tiny piece mind you) had 400 calories!!! I even told her that before she brought it out and said no I wasn't having any. Well I didn't and I'm real pleased with myself =) In fact, she's given me more impetus to show her how serious I am and how awesome I will look when I'm down to goal!!!

Keep up the good work gang

Dora
Old 04-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #13  
Doing something for me!

Dora: Congrats on not giving into temptation. This last few weeks I have not been so good about that. Also I am about to move into my own place (no more help from family) so I am not sure how I will handle it but I will. It will just suck til I can get better established. I live by believing that I am a woman so I can do it all lol.

Just quit my housekeeping job this morning and hope to be moving into my new place by today. Fingers crossed!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #14  

Hi everyone, how's it been going?

Still getting over my cold and it's been a little crazy at work so not getting on here as I come home, workout, eat supper, then to bed.....just to start all over again the next day.

Glad to see some of you are taking advantage of chatting with the purple team.

I'm heading to my running group in about an hour, been cleaning house and trying to get all my tax stuff together as it needs to be done by the end of the month.....see if I have to pay again this year or not.

Well no weight loss as of yet for this week

Happy Easter to everyone

I'm heading to my brothers on Sunday for dinner so that will be nice to see all of them again.

The sun has actually been shining here for the last couple days and will continue to do so all weekend.....yippie

Dora - glad you had a nice time on the coast, I used to do the body for life program and liked it....now I have no one to work out with so I can't increase my weights like your supposed to (without a spotter) Congrats on avoiding the temptations of pie and ice cream

PageLynn, congrats on the new job I hope it is better at the other hotel, and I hope you get to move soon that would be nice for you as well. Hope both kids are feeling better now, make sure to take some time for yourself in all the heeps of homework.

mumtoliam, It's always tough on the kids so hang in there and do what you are doing by making his life wonderful and full of good memories with you. He must be so excited with riding with no training wheels.

skinnycow126, Hello and how goes the planning this week. It is so easy to slip back to old habits isnt it....I go back and forth on this all the time with my tracking.

Narnia, have fun planning the party and good luck with your exams. Glad to hear you have been doing well this week with staying on plan.

Sorry if I missed anyone and Hello to anyone lurking and not posting.

Well off to get ready for my run.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey Purple team.
I haven't posted in awhile. To be honest, I have been struggling so much with my diet since my husband has been home. We just got settled into our new place, and I haven't been eating the healthiest of things. I don't have access to my usual eliptical trainer, and my workouts have been lacking. Luckily the weather has been nice enough to take walks around the neighborhood with my daughter. My husband, daughter and I all just got back from a walk around the neighborhood. I really enjoy them. I hope to make it a regular routine. This was the third day in a row I went out walking, and up steep hills.
I hope I can get ahold of myself with eating healthier. I don't want to gain all the weight I've lost back! That thought terrifies me. I suppose that thought alone should give me the kick in the pants I need!
Good luck everyone.