General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #1  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

Thumbs down Heart Attack Grill. wtf.

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!

Yes, this is sadly, a real thing. My brother told me about it because they are opening one in my area. 1/2 lb patties, not a shred of lettuce in the joint, unlimited fries, stuff cooked in lard, an 8,000 calorie burger. This is seriously out of control... I would watch the whole video.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4632991n
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/141

Height: 5'9"

I don't even know what to say. I think I puked a little watching that video. Even at my heaviest that would not have been appealing.
The scariest thing of all is my husband just watched it with me and said "at least he's honest, I could probably pull off a double"
8000 calories could easily hold me for a week, to hit that in one sitting is beyond comprehension. and gross.
Blinky963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #3  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

what I find crazy is that it doesn't even look that good! It's just fat for the sake of being fat. I spent probably tons of cals on a burger once but it was like kobe beef with brie and all sorts of deliciousness and sweet potato fries. This doesn't even look appetizing- just a gimmick to go against the grain of all the newly healthy restaurant food.

Also, my brother told me if you weigh more than 350 lbs that you eat for FREE. What the ****?
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

Its worse that the owner was a previous trainer and nutritionest too. He should know better!!
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/141

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazonas View Post
what I find crazy is that it doesn't even look that good! It's just fat for the sake of being fat.

Exactly! It looked nasty. those girls ("nurses") are going to gain weight just breathing in there.
Blinky963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:24 AM   #6  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

RJ Reynolds, Coke/Pepsi, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, and millions of other wolves in sheep's clothing have been charging us to kill ourselves for years.

At least this place is right out in the open about it. Like they are waving a huge red flag to anyone who will see it....stay away, stay away!
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #7  

LOL, i find it amusing, yes at least they are truthfull, unlike other chain take outs that try to look healthy and are not.

Its a business, and it wouldn't survive without a market, so really blame those who buy this crap, not the owners who cater to a demand.
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #8  
Go For Your Dreams!

S/C/G: HW340/340/160

Height: 5'6

I saw a special on this place about a year ago & I couldn't believe what i saw! Did you know the spokesperson for this place died last month? He was only 29! And weighed 575lbs. He ate there for free (as mentioned above you eat free when your 350+lbs) several times a week. So sad. They say he died of pneumonia but I guess we'll never really know. Me and my bf were trying to understand the logic & reason why this guy wants to have a restaurant like this, encouraging people to be fat & unhealthy and we think the owner must hate overweight people. He HAS to have some deep routed hatred towards overweight people to want them to eat this junk & let them eat free the heavier they are. I mean think about it he's not benefiting or making $ from the customers that are eating free why do that then? I'm thinking he had an extremely negative experience with an overweight person, maybe a traumatic childhood experience or something. Just a theory. Well whatever it is I feel he should be stopped & that restaurant chain should be closed down.
CandyCoatedSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #9  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

We Americans claim to love freedom; the freedom to kill yourself with fatty food at a privately-owned restaurant is part of said freedom I guess. Anything served there could be made at home...
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #10  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

We Americans claim to love freedom; the freedom to kill yourself with fatty food at a privately-owned restaurant is part of said freedom I guess. Anything served there could be made at home...

Yep! Every day I hear people say "keep the government out of our food, it's none of their business".

Like I said, "where is the outrage against Phillip Morris, RJ Reynolds, Mountain Dew, McDonalds, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Starbucks, and the hundreds of thousands of other contributors to the obesity epidemic?

They don't use morbidly obese people as their spokespeople. They use "regular sized" people to make us think that we can eat and drink there as much as we want and will still stay within a normal weight range. We know it's not true, but because they don't throw it right in our faces, we've decided it's ok.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:46 AM   #11  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I saw that on Food Network. Wonder why anyone would eat there.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmin2043 View Post

Yep! Every day I hear people say "keep the government out of our food, it's none of their business".
I have zero faith in "the government" fixing our food/fat situation. "The government" got us here in the first place when it allowed big business to jack up our whole food supply.

You don't realize how bad it is here till you go to another country and see how people eat when they're not totally dependent on fake food.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #13  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I'm going to refrain from commenting on the government discussion, lol, but I will say that that video made me gag. This time last year I'd be there in a heart attack, I mean, heart beat. But now, just thinking about that food sitting in my stomach just makes me ill. OMG - and so much meat. Bleh!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

I think people are just looking for more and more extreme experiences, whether they're food related or not. Restaurants like this try (and I think often succeed) to appeal to that segment of the population looking for another "crazy" thing to do.

I know they're very different in many ways, but to me this is very similar to adrenaline junkies who get their fix base jumping, free rock climbing, or kayaking dangerous rapids - in both situations, people could (and do) die. And just to play the part of devil's advocate, we don't usually blame the people who sell the parachutes or kayaks.

All that being said, I wouldn't want to eat there now - but in my heavier days, I might have liked the experience. And fries cooked in lard are yummy!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Unbelievable! That actually tickled my gag reflex. A burger is one thing but that was ridiculous
Fungirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote