Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 09:50 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Kid Chat: Week of May 11th**

Hey Moms!!

HAPPY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY TO US!!!

I didn't get breakfast in bed like I did last year, but I was up first. DH did take me out to Lonestar for dinner, and Applegate Farms for icecream afterwards last night. Peter was a bit fussy through dinner, not like last time we went to Lonestar and he slept through the whole thing.

Peter's still stuffy. I feel soo bad for him. I did get a big boogie out this AM with the bulb. YUK!! It didn't seem to help much though. He's been napping propped up on the sofa for the past hour and a half.

I've got a scratchy throat this AM, I'm hoping it's just from sleeping with my mouth open or something, but I don't know, with him being sick, and me kissing him constantly...

The Reglan is working really well, I have been consistantly getting at least 7 oz. per pumping session this week. A couple days ago I got just under 10 oz. in the AM at work. Yesterday at the IL's I also got almost 10 oz. I'm very excited about that, I feel like I can actually do this now. I can deal with it, until he's a year and can have regular milk.

I highly recommend getting a prescription for Reglan, if you find your supply dwindling at some point!

Have a great day mommies!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 07:18 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!! Had a great weekend!! Kaylee had fun too...I picked her up about 9pm and she spent her first night in a hotel!!! She didnt even cry or wonder where she was cuz mom and dad was in the bed with her!!!It is soo weird, 2 yrs being married and look at all we have been through already!!!!

She is teething soo bad...Running fever all day yesterday and last night..Dont know if it is from the teeth or the ears again..She is still on Omnicef soo who knows...
Lauren-Thanks for the BM tip...I dont have the time at work to pump soo what I do (4oz) is enough for me...I just freeze it daily and give her exclusively 3 -5oz bottles of Enfamil Lipil now..She is on the cereal and yogurt mixture and loves to eat foods...Is Petey on cereal yet???
Have a great day!!
Vicki
Old 05-12-2003, 09:55 AM   #3  
LBH

Hey,

No, he's not on cereal yet. We go for his 4 month check up on the 24th, so we'll see what the ped. says then. He's on another boob strike, so I've had to pump all weekend. I don't know what's up with that...drives me crazy, even during the night he wouldn't nurse. I'm excited for him to start cereal, but yet I don't wanna rush him. If the ped. says he doesn't need it yet, I won't give it to him. He looks soo longingly at us when we're forking things in our mouths though, so who knows!!

Had a nice dinner last night with the family. Peter was fussy all day yesterday, but I think it's because he had to poop...hadn't gone since Thursday afternoon. I ended up giving him a baby fleet lax this AM. He was trying soo hard but not getting anything out. Hopefully he feels better now. He seemed to be in a good mood this AM.

How you doin' Karen?
Old 05-12-2003, 05:46 PM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

RR: Sounds like a great weekend. Two years married? Wow, it hardly seems that long.

Lauren: Hope Petey starts nursing again for you. I've been trying to pump a little to get a backup but when he wants to eat every two hours I can't get ahead.

We were supposed to go to the pediatrician today for his two week checkup. I got out to the car and the stupid thing wouldn't start. I had a dead battery. I had to get it towed to the dealer and they will fix it tomorrow. What a bummer. I was wanting to see if he is gaining weight!!

He's only been sleeping for short bouts in the bassinet today and he's starting to stir so I guess I better go.

Have a great evening!!
Old 05-12-2003, 07:10 PM   #5  

Picked up Kaylee from Daycare this evening and she was soo hot and flushed and lethargic..Had only eaten 3 oz milk all day and had 5 diarrhea stools..Her fever was 101.4..TOo high for teething and she is really pulling them ears....I gave her Tylenol, nursed her, gave her the pumped cold milk about 4 oz, then 1tbls yogurt/cereal mix...She even mustered a smile but is soo hot..She fell asleep soo hopefully will feel better once up..Guess it is on to the Pedi tomorrow...Darn, dont know what to do with these blasted ears..She is miserable!!!!
I just want to cry....
VIcki
Old 05-13-2003, 07:59 AM   #6  
LBH

Hey,

RR, keep forgetting to say, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Duh, I'm soo brain dead sometimes!
I feel soo bad for Kaylee that she's always soo sick with those poor ears!! I hope the tubes will take care of it when she gets a little older.

Karen, I'm sure Alex has gained, you'll probably be surprised! Did you reschedule for today? Hope they fix the car, that sucks, considering it's new!!

Peter's feeling a little better. Daycare is gonna drive me insane though. They told Jim last night that he didn't have enough to eat! I looked at the sheet, and they fed him 3 oz. at 8:30 yesterday AM...he had just eaten 4-5 oz. at 7:00!! No wonder they ran out of bottles! Dumb a$$es. So today I sent three 5 oz. bottles, one 4 oz. bottle that I started at home, and two little extra 3 oz. bottles that I pumped this AM. If that's not enough, they're overfeeding my child!!

I'm home today, called in sick because I'm sick of living in a pig sty. I was up at 5:00, nursed Peter for about 7 minutes, and he went back to sleep. That's the first time he's latched in days...thank God. Then I started cleaning...started in the kitchen with a couple bottles. Emptied the dishwasher, reloaded some stuff, made coffee. Then I emptied the dryer, reloaded, folded some sheets and stuff. Then on to the living room, started going through a small box that had misc. stuff in it. (That's one of our biggest problems, boxes of misc. stuff!) Threw some stuff in a garbage pile, and put some back in the box. This was all by 6:00, when DH got up!! I told him by the time he gets home today, the coffee table will no longer be in the living room! It may be leaning against a wall somewhere, or out in the driveway, but it's not staying in the living room. It's just a junk collector, I'd rather put my glass on the floor, then have that thing. Besides, Peter's never gonna learn to crawl because there's no freaking space!! So I'm on a roll!! I told DH we have to make plans and start inviting people over every weekend, that way we have to keep it clean and uncluttered!!

OK, back to work before I lose motivation!! (DH dropped Peter off at daycare!) Have a good one ladies!!
Old 05-13-2003, 06:25 PM   #7  

DH stayed home with Kaylee today and took her to the Pedi..REally infected ears..Gave her a Rocephin shot and I have to bring her there for the next 2 days for a total of 3 shots...Pooor baby...I feel horrible..She is hoarse, fever but happier today...DH did great today!!!!!Forgot the bottle at the Pedi's but the nurse fixed him up with a redi made one!!!!
RR
Old 05-13-2003, 09:27 PM   #8  

hi guys,

doing the one handed thing tonight. i have a needy boy today. he won't lay down at all and is nursing every 1 1/2-2 hours. i hope he outgrows this, otherwise what is going to happen with the baby sitter?

RR: sorry kaylee's ears are so bad. isn't there anything they can do for her?

i picked my car up today and there was nothing wrong!! they have no idea what happened. we are going to the pedi tomorrrow at 11.

hope everyone is having a good evening.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:03 AM   #9  
LBH

Hey,

Karen, sounds like a growth spurt! Have fun at the ped!

RR, glad she's getting some good drugs. Hope those ears clear up soon!

Peter discovered his voice this AM!! He was screeching on the changing table while I was dressing him. It was soo funny. DH was in the bathroom like, what're you doing to him?! I said he's screeching and laughing, discovering his voice!

He slept good last night, fell asleep while we were out around 7:30 or so. Slept until 10:30, DH was still up so he gave him a bottle, he went back to sleep and stayed that way til 5:30 this AM! I jumped up when he started "eh-eh'ing", and when i got in his room, he was sound asleep! So I stayed up and got the bottles ready and stuff. He woke up around 6:00 finally.

I got the coffee table out of the room yesterday, so now his play gym is in the middle of the floor. So I laid him there and he talked to his "friends" and watched sesame street til we were ready to go at 7:30!
Old 05-14-2003, 01:44 PM   #10  

Hi guys,

Well, the news at the pedi wasn't great. He hasn't gained enough weight. He is back up to 6#9oz (birth wt) but she says he should have gained a pound. Sigh. We have to go back in ten days and see if he has gained anything.

Lauren: Yeah on Petey finding his voice. Alex has started making little sighing sounds when he is nursing. Glad you got the cleaning done that you wanted to do. I cleaned 1/2 of the bathroom this morning and decided that was good enough.

Have you guys gone to a movie yet? I want to see Xmen 2 but I am afraid it will be too loud for him. I could hold his ears but I'm not sure. What do you think?

RR: Hope Kaylee is better today.

Have a great day!!
Old 05-14-2003, 02:22 PM   #11  
LBH

Karen, I wouldn't take him to the movies, I think it's definitely too loud. I took Peter to the bowling alley and he was a mess. The first time was at about 1 1/2 mos. and then again last night. The first time was horrible, he cried and cried. Last night he was sleeping, until someone woke him up, but it was also not as noisy.

I say get a babysitter, (MIL?) and enjoy a date night...or afternoon, it's cheaper that way anyway! DH went to see XM2 last weekend.

Don't you love that little sighing sound...such contentment. It just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when Peter does that.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:34 PM   #12  

DEfinately no movie..I took Kaylee to Sesame Street live at 3.5 months and she was scared and upset cuz it was loud and a movie is even louder than that..Dont worry about the weight issue..We had the same situation and she caught up and kept on growing!!! She is 13 lbs 8 oz now!!!

We had another shot this afternoon and go for an ear check on Friday evening...Pray that they are better!! Her fever did break last night..and has been great all day....
Have a great day all!!!
RR
Closed Thread