Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #1  

Location: I live in a small town in Pennsylvania, about an hour West of Philadelphia

S/C/G: 245/225/135

Height: 5'3

Default Zumba!!

Any other zumba-holics here?? I am seriously addicted!
zumbamama112710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I LOVE ZUMBA!!

I purchased the DVDs so my daughter and I could do it from home. It is so fun! I just wish we could find some classes in our area that we could both attend together (she's only 9...so they won't let her into any of the adult classes).

Have you tried a live class? How was it?
wabrouq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/220/135

Height: 5'2

Have ya'll had great results with zumba
sailorssweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #4  

I've been doing Zumba twice a week at the gym for about 6 weeks & I'm seriously addicted... so much fun & a cardio workout I know I can -- & will -- stick with... I'm a total klutz, but at my age (62 next week), I don't care... if I can do only 3/4 of the steps & moves, I'm happy... my Zumba leader is a hoot & makes it so enjoyable... anybody considering trying it, go for it!.. you'll be glad you did...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #5  

Zumba is soooooo much fun! The time just flies by and I feel great after. :-)
MoniqueDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 129/127.5/112

Height: 5'0.5" (It matters!)

Glad to hear such good reviews - I'm hoping to start next week! I am really unfit though. I can't even do 5 sit-ups in as many minutes... will it be a problem?

I'm going back to uni for exam period and so apart from about an hour of walking in and out of the library each day, that's the only exercising I'll be doing! I'm really wanting to lose (hopefully) about 2lb a week, because I have this family event in 6 weeks time that I'd like to slim down for. Do you think 2 Zumba classes a week and a healthy diet will do it? Or am I being super optimistic? :P

Last edited by cantgetenoughchoc; 04-28-2011 at 08:15 AM.
cantgetenoughchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/199/165

Height: 5'7

Zumba is wonderful! Seriously, I can do 2 hours and not even realize it. If you have the chance to drop in on a class, do it! I started Zumba last year and loved it so much I went to training to teach it. It's how I lost 30 pounds in about 3 months! I love it so much because ANYONE can do it. Feel the music!!!
LilMissLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #8  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I totally addicted to Zumba myself.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantgetenoughchoc View Post
Glad to hear such good reviews - I'm hoping to start next week! I am really unfit though. I can't even do 5 sit-ups in as many minutes... will it be a problem?

I'm going back to uni for exam period and so apart from about an hour of walking in and out of the library each day, that's the only exercising I'll be doing! I'm really wanting to lose (hopefully) about 2lb a week, because I have this family event in 6 weeks time that I'd like to slim down for. Do you think 2 Zumba classes a week and a healthy diet will do it? Or am I being super optimistic? :P
In my class, I see people of all different fitness levels... the only way you'll know is if you try it... don't worry about being great, or even very good, at the beginning... you'll catch on... let us know how it goes & just have fun!..

hugs
Old 04-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #10  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

I am currently looking into gyms and a lot of the ones I have researched offer Zumba. I want to try it. I love to dance, even though I am probably not that good at it.
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

I'm a Zumba-holic and will be getting my certification this year to be an instructor. I travel to area YMCA's to take different classes for the different music, routines, and instructors (my favorite is Leon...he's a hottie...BONUS!). I'm taking Zumba about 5 days a week, sometimes 6! It's the fastest hour of workout of your life! There are women of all ages, sizes, fitness levels in the classes...anyone can do this...if I can....ANYONE can! Have fun girls, give it a try! Must do Zumba NOW!
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 266/199/165

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransformingToni View Post
I'm a Zumba-holic and will be getting my certification this year to be an instructor. I travel to area YMCA's to take different classes for the different music, routines, and instructors (my favorite is Leon...he's a hottie...BONUS!). I'm taking Zumba about 5 days a week, sometimes 6! It's the fastest hour of workout of your life! There are women of all ages, sizes, fitness levels in the classes...anyone can do this...if I can....ANYONE can! Have fun girls, give it a try! Must do Zumba NOW!
Who are you getting certified with? I went to Hershey and got certified with Stephanie Masceri and she was like beyond amazing.
LilMissLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Question for you Zumba-holics....Is it low impact or can it be tailored to be low impact? I have knee and spine issues and want to be safe. There is a class very nearby me that I am interested in trying. Thanks!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
Question for you Zumba-holics....Is it low impact or can it be tailored to be low impact? I have knee and spine issues and want to be safe. There is a class very nearby me that I am interested in trying. Thanks!
It can be as low- or high-impact as you want...

hugs
Old 04-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

I took my first Zumba class last Thursday, and I can't wait to go again tonight. I love it - I am very big so I can't do the jumping dance steps yet, but I just keep moving. It's true, you get so into it you have no idea where the time goes. It is so adaptable to each person. For some of it I felt like my bewbies were going one way, and my bootie the other way, and (TMI) sometimes I felt like my butt cheeks were clapping together! lol It was just fun! Highly recommend it to everyone! Don't worry if you can't keep up, you very quickly learn the steps and don't feel like a complete dork after a couple of classes (so say the girls in my class!) I'm seriously considering getting a dvd set because once a week is not enough fun for me!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote