Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #28
robinlynn

I've "stumbled" across this site a few times. Love the name! Anyway, somehow I found this forum, today. Kind of interesting, in regards to the timing.
My name is Robin, I'm 50. I"m single and live in southern PA. My family is about 4 hours due north and it's a wonderful area i live in. I've lived in Denver, CO, San Diego, and Los Angeles. Been here since 2004. Last year, in May I was 235 lbs. I started going to the gym, working out and watching what I ate. Hit 194 in November and have sat there ever since. So, fast forward to this year, started training for a duathlon (run/bike/run insanity) with a new trainer. I was "whinning" to her about not losing weight, yesterday and she "challenged" me to lose 8 lbs by May 20th (5 weeks). So, today I started watching my food, all over again. I'm not one to back down from a challenge (a fact my trainer knows full well!), so I'm going to do this. I'm a bit worried about the "feeling hungry" part but will work on muddling through.
my long term goal (ok, it's a little insane but I want to try) is to do an Ironman Triathlon. not THE Ironman, but an Ironman. We all need dreams, right?
robinlynn is offline   Reply With Quote