Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #1  
SiLly MuCh?

S/C/G: 200/193/130

Height: 5'5''

Default Can you tell if you've lost without the scale?

Right now I'm in my honeymoon period of dieting. I've been at it for a little over a week and have lost 6 pounds so far. (Yay me, even if it is mostly water weight lol) The funny thing is, I can always tell in the mornings whether or not I've lost weight before I ever step on the scale. I just wake up feeling lighter (if that makes any sense). I'm wondering if this happens to anyone else and if it keeps happening once you've been losing for awhile. I really like the feeling because it motivates me to eat well and stay on track throughout the rest of the day. I'm hoping it keeps up :-)
Dilli Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Yes. I can see it in my stomach...if it's flatter then i'm losing weight, obviously if it looks bloated then i'm gaining weight.

And even aside from that...i can tell from how much i went to the bathroom (both 1 and 2...sorry if that's TMI) whether i'm going to gain weight. I.e. if i drank a lot of water and didn't pee as much as normal, i know i'm retaining water and my weight will be up the next morning.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

I can tell when I first wake up and I'm laying in bed. I know exactly what you mean by feeling lighter (sometimes I'm wrong, but usually I'm right lol). It's a good start to the day. Another way I know is when clothes fit looser (although sometimes it's just that I've stretched my jeans out lol)
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #4  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Sometimes. PMS throws that perception all out of whack. I woke up this morning, and my gut is smaller. I stepped on the scales and I'm the same. Then I noticed that my boobs hurt and I'd measure at a FULL D instead of a large C/small D.

I went off birth control for financial reasons, and I'd forgotten how much they swell between ovulation and TOM.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I can't really tell- but my trainer always does... almost every pound.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I definitely feel lighter in the morning when a pound comes off although sometimes I feel lighter and it doesn't show up on the scale for a day or two.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #7  
Lani Loves Lettuce!

S/C/G: 381/361/351

Often I'll feel lighter and step on the scales and find a nasty gain. Other times I'll just feel normal and have a 2lbs loss lol So my perception is out of whack. I'm feeling lighter this week, so I'm hoping for a nice loss
Focused Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/183/130

Height: 5'6"

I definitely woke up this morning feeling "lighter" my stomach seems to have less of the "overhang" that it had before and my pants were slightly loose. I didn't bother to step on the scale and ruin the illusion
shimmmer178 is offline   Reply With Quote