South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 02:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Daily Chat: Monday, 18 April

Good morning, ladies!!! Long time no see!!! Things have been going pretty well on my end. I did my April 5K this weekend and set a personal record. I was actually 13 minutes late starting the race b/c I got stopped and ticketed for speeding on the way in but I'm trying to forget that, LOL Anyway, I placed 3rd in my age group and mom placed 2nd in her age group. Of course, a lot of that has to do w/ the fact that a lot of people didn't show up due to the forecasted "severe weather" that never manifested.

Anyway, spent the weekend in Savannah and Tybee Island. It was nice to get away and get destressed for a little while. Back to work today, though.

Hope all is well w/ you ladies.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:53 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I was thinking about you this morning, Natasha. Congrats on such a great 5K this weekend! Glad to hear you're doing well!

I'm going to hit some paperwork for a short bit then head back to bed. I'm still not feeling well but need to keep a few things moving. I was committed to riding my bike to the pool anyway, but it's raining. I will go to my yoga class.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
School is off this week, so my son is at mini camp which means an enforced 45 minute walk for me. I could take the train, but why? I just hope the weather holds out. Other than that, not much else on my plate...I've got people coming over on Sunday for easter dinner so I'm going to do a big declutter this week. 27 items each night a la Flylady. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from the boonies of Eastern Ontario where life is back to normal again.

Natasha, so nice to "see" you again and thanks for the start-up. Congrats to you and your mother for the 5K! I am impressed.

Debbie, sorry you are still not feeling top form. Taking things a bit easy today should help things improve.

You have no idea how glad I am that this weekend is over. I have never listened to so many people crab about the weather. We did have lots of visitors to the Museum and Mill and made some money with the bake sale and gift shop items. We have a Board meeting at 4:30 this afternoon and that should ease things a bit when I present my gloom and doom financial report.

Aside from the cold yesterday we got heavy rains as well as a bit of hail. Once again the dog yard is a lake. I may plant rice this summer, brown of course!

Time to get a good breakfast and head for the gym. My ticker is lying this morning and I'm giving it a few days to smarten up before I post it.

Happy Monday whatever you have on your plate.

ETA: Hi Matilda and thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten Flylady and her 27 pitch routine. I do have a shiny sink though!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good Monday morning.

Tallandthin - Congratulations!

Natasha - Good for you! Bummer about the ticket though.

Debbie - Sorry you are still not feeling well. Hopefully the yoga will help.

Matilda - I had forgotten about April vacations; had them growing up back East but we don't have them here in the Midwest. I got Flylady's emails for a while but was pretty non-compliant

Ruth - Again, your humor makes me start my day with a smile.

I am up early again despite not needing to actually start my day for another two hours. Wish my body knew how to sleep later! Working out with my mom this morning. Have to get to the grocery store. Haven't thought much past that. My eating has been a bit off track since my trip last weekend so, now that dinner at my mom's is over, I am going to kick things up again. I really do feel so much better, physically and mentally, when I eat right.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's sunny and very cool here too. I could really use a little sustained spring weather but it just doesn't seem to be on the plan this year.

Natasha - It's nice to see you around here! I was thinking of you yesterday and hoping it's all good busy.

Debbie - I'm sorry you're still sick. I can't believe you're still working out though. That's commitment!

Mathilda - I love morning walks once I get out but have trouble getting myself out.
I was going to do Flylady and then got 400 emails behind because I never had time to read them. You can imagine how well the decluttering went I'm going to restart once I move to 4 day weeks and see what I can get done this summer.

Ruth - I hope normal includes some time to just sit and pet dogs

Karen - I wake up between 5-5:15 every day no matter what. I remember when I could sleep until noon on Saturdays

It looks like the next two weeks may be a lot of time phone banking, my least favorite thing. On the plus side I get to work from home and take time out to exercise and do some errands. It's just boring. Of course things come up like this morning's meeting so not all sitting around the house calling people.

DW and I are hoping to make a quick pitstop at the Cove this morning before work. The birds aren't thrilled about this weather either and are slow starting up here. I don't blame them. I'd stay where it's warm too!

Happy Monday friends!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. I'm just settling in with my coffee.

Natasha, congratulations to you and your Mom for a great finish!

Debbie, I hope today is the day when you finally start feeling better!

Matilda, it looks like it's going to be a nice day for your walk. We're hosting a big dinner for Easter, too. I really hope the weather holds and we have a sunny, warm day for it.

Ruth, I'm glad you survived the weekend and that it brought in some money to help the Mill.

Karen, enjoy your time with your mother this morning!

All the kids around here are on Spring break this week. Cindy and the girls had planned to spend the week at her brother's in Vermont, but that fell through, so we're just doing day trips all week. I may end up at Hershey Park or the Adventure Aquarium in Camden or the zoo in Philly. Who knows?

ETA-

Morning, Cyndi!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-18-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning all! Um..what is 27 tips and Flylady?

My kids are also on vacation this week and I only work Tues and Thurs so I'm hoping to relax with them....although...I probably won't see them ...they'll be so busy with friends! I'm really hoping this calorie level works for me because I am fine here. I'm going to bump up my cardio too and see if that helps...trying to squeeze in 2 workouts in a day. There is a facebook bodymedia page and this one guy went to the biggest loser ranch (fitness ridge) this week and lost 17 lbs in a week. He's been posting his bodymedia numbers everyday and yesterday,, for example he ate 1570 and burned 5653...creating a deficit of 4083. !!!!!!! So clearly, eating more wasn't the answer for him. He has a blog I'm reading and I don't think I'd go there on my own accord! LOL!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

paperwork continues....I decided not to go back to bed. Thanks, everyone, for get well wishes!

Kristen, Flylady is a website for keeping the home in order...cleaning...organizing...etc. She has some great ideas and it's an interesting website...google it.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Ah!!! I see. Don't forget...I'm a housecleaner by trade....my husband made me clean other people's houses because mine was spotless..(and organized!). A gift and a curse!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #11  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

OMG, where is everyone this morning? There are usually twice this many posts by the time I get here. Coffee is still hot and there is plenty for anyone who has a minute to stop by and visit.

Hey Nat, good to see you! on completing another 5K but sorry about the speeding ticket. Good luck with the

Debbie, hang in there. This too shall pass.

Matilda, funny how "life" helps us out sometimes. Hope the weather holds out for your "forced walk" this week.

Ruth, glad things are a bit back to normal in your world.

Karen, I'm impressed with the amount of exercise you and your mom are doing. Good for you two.

Cyndi, our birds seem to be slower getting going with their nests this year too. Do hope you get to see that special one during your pit stop today.

and a good morning to everyone else.

Woke to a bit of rain this morning and was going to talk myself out of walking but no, don't think that will happen. Going to get off here and get by butt out there. After all, I don't melt like the old witch did.

Not much on the agenda today. Need to make a quick run to the post office to mail some books and to the grocery store. Other than that, just dog sitting and of course this evening I'll be watching DWTS. Haven't made up my mind yet who is going to win this year.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 324/261.5/155

Height: 5'2"

Hello guys!
This is my first day on SB and I wanted to get involved with others who are doing the same thing I am... I think it will be helpful. I am DEFINITELY a NONE exerciser... so my plan now is to work on getting in exercise... I am starting off slow... I want 2 times a week for now with more being awesome... I will work my way up to be a normal exerciser I hope lol
Old 04-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon, ladies. Hope you've all had a good day. I'm at work and things are pretty quiet for now. I have a full shift so I actually don't have anybody to dispatch for, so all I do is provide relief for people when they go to lunch or step out for a cigarette break. Makes it a whole lot easier to get the everyday paperwork and stuff done, that's for sure.

Lexxis - Aww, thanks for thinking about me. I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. I think being under the weather makes it 10 times harder to stay on track. YUCK!!!

Mmckellen - I love that you're going to walk instead of taking the train!!! So many people don't realize that simple things like that can REALLY make a difference in your fitness level. Even something as simple as taking the stairs instead of the elevator.

Ruth - Thanks!!! Sorry you had a crappy weekend. I've always been a "silver lining" kind of girl and never really understood people that fuss constantly about things they have no control over. So it's raining and cold outside...be glad you have your sight and can see the rain!!! Here's to a better weekend (and better weather!!!) this next weekend.

WaistingTime - Thanks. Good luck getting back on track...you can do it!!! And I totally agree w/ you about feeling better all around when I'm on plan.

Cyndi - Thanks for thinking about me. I have to admit I giggled at the thought of trying to "declutter" only to have your e-mail inbox cluttered up w/ 400 e-mails, LOL

cottagebythesea - Thanks!!! Oooh, the Aquarium sounds like fun!!! I got to visit the aquarium in New Orleans the weekend before Katrina destroyed it...it was an awesome one!!! I went to the new one in Atlanta last year and wasn't impressed at all. What's your favorite part??? The sea otters are mine...they're just too darn cute!!!

kmac - Holy crap...I've never watched The Biggest Loser but their workouts must be INSANE to burn that many calories!!! I giggled yesterday b/c I posted my walk on the beach and apparently CardioTrainer was confused b/c it calculated my calories burned at 18,674!!! LMFAO!!! That would be awesome, no???

TallandThin - Thanks...good to see you, too!!! And thanks for the good luck wishes. I have no moving violations on my record so I'm hoping he might take SOME pity on me...we shall see. I never really got into DWTS but I have seen SOME episodes. Is Hines Ward still on there??? He's an ex-UGA player.

lindaisnuts - Welcome to the site!!! This is a GREAT place to be encouraged to stay on track. Posting in the daily thread seems to help a lot of us out. Hey, check out the monthly exercise challenges...that might help you out w/ staying motivated!!! I promise you, once you get going w/ the exercise it DOES get addictive. I started out at the recommended 30 minute walk per day. Now I go to the gym twice a day AT LEAST 5 times a week. I love it!!! You just have to find something you like doing. If you have a gym membership or end up getting one, some of the classes offered might be helpful. I love my DanceFit class (it's the same thing as Zumba, pretty much) and really hate when I have to miss it!!!
Closed Thread