Old 04-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #1  
Perfectly Imperfect

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default C.C cookies, help before I eat them all

My husbands favorite cookies are chocolate chip cookies. I hate making them because I eat way too many of them. I wanted to make something special for him tonight so I made the cookies. I have been doing so great on my new lifestyle change that I thought maybe I would be strong enough to say NO to the cravings. no I tore one in half to make sure it looked done in the middle, I thought one taste wont hurt, then it was just half the cookie. I put the other half down and walked away. I just need some encouraging words to get me through baking the rest of them. I plan to send them back to work with him so that they are out of the house. Does anyone have any tips on getting through stuff like this. I am trying to drink lots of water. Maybe some gum would help?
love02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow - you are ambitious for taking this on. I would recommend doing something to make your mouth busy - like gum, or doing something that would make the no-no tastes horrible - brush your teeth. Keep repeating to yourself - they don't taste as good as thin feels. Really, is all your hard work worth throwing away on a cookie?
Good luck!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #3  
Perfectly Imperfect

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks
The cookies are all baked and out of sight!

I didn't think it would be as hard as it was. Last week DH bought a package of oreos and I never once wanted one. I am afraid I will face this problem over and over again. I LOVE to bake. I love making cookies, I love decorating sugar cookies, I love making cakes and cupcakes for special occasions like birthdays.

I HAVE to find a way to still be able to do the things I love with out falling into my old pattern of cookie binges.
love02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

ahhh yes the siren song of freshly baked cookies!! Like you, I wanted to continue doing things like that but not have it ruin my diet. I love giving treats to people, and sometimes only a REAL cookie will do - the 'healthy' ones are fine for some things, but other occasions call for some ooey goooey goodness LOL

I just had to change the PATTERN of what I did -- the cookie wasn't the problem, MY reaction to the cookie was! I did things differently, I chewed gum while making them. I didn't do it alone, as it was way to easy too snarf some down when no one was looking. So I invited girlfriends over to cook and bake and we'd exchange things. Having others there helped a lot, chatting and having fun was way better than eating cookies alone. I FROZE them almost immediately, in 2 cookies per bag portions, or else gave them away IMMEDIATELY, without the chance for temptation to sneak in. Gradually it became easier, honestly! Just like I'd tell a small child "no you can't eat 5 cookies before dinner" i had to do the same for my spoiled brat of an inner child!

Last edited by Trazey34; 04-15-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:45 AM   #5  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Brush your teeth...my granny just shared this secret with me and it totally works, eat one cookie...brush your teeth, rinse your mouth with Listerine and then try to eat another cookie...it tastes like crap!
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #6  
Highest Known Weight: 305

S/C/G: 290.5/Tic/199

Baking is exactly what messed me up last fall. I bake everybody and their mama's birthday cakes. I had an order for a big peanut butter-cup cake with buttercream. Needless to say, after the taste testing it took from Sept.6 until December 28 to start up again. I am afraid to try again for a long time. I will not be baking anyone a birthday cake in the near future.

Good for you being able to resist the temptation! EXCELLENT!

Last edited by kallismom; 04-16-2011 at 01:13 AM.
kallismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #7  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
I would recommend doing something to make your mouth busy - like gum, or doing something that would make the no-no tastes horrible - brush your teeth.
Wow! I REALLY like the idea of brushing your teeth. I think I'm going to file that one away! Thanks Laura!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote