Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #1  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Default So Happy! NSVs and halfway there!

Just wanted to share some things that have been happening here b/c all of your stories we helpful to me. This got long and covered a bunch of stuff. Fair warning, there's probably rambling...

The first 20 pound loss happened in spurts with calorie counting over a few months. My highest weight was 246 about a year ago. Recently, I revamped my diet to get better results(since Feb) and I'm really encouraged to be halfway now, really tracking again in late February around 225. I have almost lost more inches than pounds since then. I don't have an exact measure over all since my highest weight of 246 but from the mid 220s-mid 200s it's been about 20 inches. Seriously, like 1 inch has been almost equal to 1 pound. I think this is where the exercise does it's magic. I do know it can't stay that way but it's nice while it lasts.

My plan is pretty simple. I took many plans and sort of worked out for myself. I do count calories and like to fall some where in between 1200-2100(maintenance calories). I really like to stay below 1800 b/c that's my approx. BMR. I moderate carbs (I prefer lower GI carbs too) and make sure I get adequate protein. It's working for me being more protein focused in my diet b/c I have a muscular build that needs the protein and my doctors said I am considered prediabetic so the carb control is essential. Strangely enough controlling the carbs helps control my want to eat them.

I work out. I have been working out with resistance bands and light free weights a few times a week. I also have some strengthening exercises from PT that's basically muscle stabilizing stuff for my back. I try to do some cardio exercise each day or at least a few times a week, 20-60 minutes, depending on life.

My hubby is onboard and we eat better altogether. It's wonderful to have that support when trying to change your lifestyle. We weigh portions and plan weekly menus together. This has been a huge relief as I don't have cook anything extra. I just eat my calorie allotment of our healthy food.

So that's about the long of it...onto the fun stuff!

Scale Victory!
I am half-way to a healthy weight! 39 down/39 to go! I haven't been losing a lot lately and I was getting bummed. I was even stuck at that number I just haven't been able to break in the last few years but I stayed on plan and a day or so later, WOOSH! 4 pounds down, sailing right past THAT number!

Losing 5 pounds will take me out of the "obese" range into the "overweight" range on the BMI scale. Losing 7 takes me into ONEDERLAND!

NSVs!

The first real thing I noticed was that a bath towel went around me completely.

The next was clothes fitting a little better.

Then a few pounds later I grabbed a pair of size 18 jeans I bought a long time ago that had been stuck in my closet for the longest time and they fit! I was so stoked I think it's been like 6 years since I wore a non-plus size clothing!!! I have to be careful with clothing now too. I bought a nice outfit with size 16w pants and now they are too big b/c I waited a few weeks to wear them. That's a problem I don't mind having.

I've noticed that my skin has cleared up lately. My face is thinner.

I am finding muscle definition more and more. My collar bone is defined and I also feel my hip bones coming out more and more. My legs surprise me sometimes b/c they are looking longer and leaner than I have seen them in a very long time.

There's probably more things that I have forgotten to mention but needless to say, I am thrilled with how things are coming along!

Thanks for all the inspiration and information!

Last edited by 4star; 04-15-2011 at 12:56 PM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #2  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Way to go girl!! Isnt it the BEST feeling in the world when you realize where all your hard work has gotten you!

It brings tears to my eyes thinking about how STRONG we all are!! So happy for ya lady!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Way to go! Isn't it amazing how clear your skin gets?!

You are almost to onederland too yay!!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

You've SO done amazing! Great job and congrats
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #5  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Thanks You ladies. This whole thing is changing my perspective daily. It was time I started giving myself some credit for the progress I've made, not just recently but overall. I'd get really excited but still felt like I was walking up the steep side of a mountain so I wouldn't celebrate it. I think that's b/c I was considering the NOW phase of my journey and not the WHOLE journey. That's really weird b/c I love to celebrate other people's mini-goals and milestones. I feel like celebrating those is important for others just starting but for some reason I just wasn't.

Beerab, yes it is amazing that my face has cleared up so much. I don't know if that's from the carbs being moderated or from the weightloss but I'll take it!

Thank You for celebrating with me!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote