Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #1  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Worst craving ever . . .

for potato chips right now.

i'm so grateful that we have no vending machines anywhere near our office, and that i'm too cheap to justify going to the store to debit a bag of chips.

Bah . . . . my veggies at lunch just didin't cut it for the crunch I guess.

irritating thing is I really don't even like chips that much.

Stupid TOM, go away.

Im done now
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Do having those 100 calorie popcorn bags around help? I know that when I want crunchy and salty, I'll pop a bag. And even when I am wanting something sweet, I'll sprinkle splenda instead of a little salt.

Oh great, I just typed my way into a popcorn craving!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

I'm weak for peanut butter. terrible knowing it's in the kitchen. i havent ate it today so far.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #4  
If you wanna Rock It . .

Shan - that's a great idea, I'm going to have to pick some up and keep them in my desk. thanks!!

Stasia - Im all about the peanut butter, that is the only food I will not comprimise on. I don't go nuts with it, usually just with apples or on rice cakes, but not having it is just not an option for me, I love it too much!!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I remember someone telling me that if you crave a particularly food really bad then your body wants something. I thought this was interesting http://green.yahoo.com/blog/care2/11...ings-mean.html
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Quote:
Originally Posted by niafabo View Post
I remember someone telling me that if you crave a particularly food really bad then your body wants something. I thought this was interesting http://green.yahoo.com/blog/care2/11...ings-mean.html
Good article. Thanks for posting!!

When I'm PMSing I'll crave chocolate, but no other time.

But, here lately, I've been having the strongest salt cravings!! Especially greasy/salt combo. That is not uncommon, but they've been really bad lately. I was wondering the other day what 'real' thing it might be.

Well, we are having audits right now at work, and it's crazy stressful. Everyday I've been fighting (and failing) the salt thing.

According to that article, the stress hormones creates salt cravings. That makes sense on my end, big time.
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #7  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

Are you cutting out chips altogether? I still have them sometimes but won't keep big bags at my place (because we alllllll know what happens!)

I eat only a couple kinds now, have you tried Popchips or Lesser Evil's Krinkle sticks? Both come in individual serving bags and are really low cal and YUM.
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Oh, cool, Niafabo. I was having a specific craving for pistachios for probably a week. They're really caloric, so I don't like to spend a ton of calories on them but I looked on my food log, and it looked like I had really low copper levels in my diet. Pistachios are high in copper. I'm working them in my cals today or tomorrow since they are high in copper and nuts are good.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #9  
If you wanna Rock It . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katydid77 View Post
Good article. Thanks for posting!!

When I'm PMSing I'll crave chocolate, but no other time.

But, here lately, I've been having the strongest salt cravings!! Especially greasy/salt combo. That is not uncommon, but they've been really bad lately. I was wondering the other day what 'real' thing it might be.

Well, we are having audits right now at work, and it's crazy stressful. Everyday I've been fighting (and failing) the salt thing.

According to that article, the stress hormones creates salt cravings. That makes sense on my end, big time.
I actually laughed reading that - stress is an understatement with me right now, what was supposed to be a move to be a family with my sons father has turned into a ridiculous battle, lawyers, child support and crazy acusations from him (im willing to bet my reputation hes had a mental break)

Makes a LOT of sense after reading that though.

Cora - Im not cutting them out, the odd thing is I rarely ever eat them, it's never been something i've eaten often. Once every few months with some dip was about the extent of it, and even that was a hand full at most.