Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 12 April 2011
Old 04-13-2011, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everybody. I think I did pretty good at Benihana last night. I asked for a second soup instead of rice and no carrots or dressing on my salad, which they were happy to do. I asked the chef to cut back on the butter they used and he was ok with that. We shared a beef sasshimi appetizer-I had 2 pieces he had the rest. My husband got all the shrimp (shellfish make me nauseous if I eat them) and onions. I was happy with my zucchini. We were there last month for my birthday and I really didn't touch the zucchini and last night I wish I had more!!! I got steak and chicken and only ate half of each and the mushrooms that came with the steak. The leftovers are for DH lunch because tonight I am making myself so Chilean Sea Bass. I've had it before, once, in a rather fancy New York restaurant for lunch, but I am going to saute it and finish it in the oven. I found a website that explains how to saute it properly along with some mushroom/onion sauce that I will make IP friendly. I bought some zucchini last night and I am going to saute that as well.
I've already been up for 4 hours, due to my online training and I am raring to go. Its 'lunchtime' already. Yesterday I took a nap with my DH who was still in bed, but I am not tired today. I just hope this doesn't mean I will be getting up at 3am this weekend!

Think positive thoughts today everyone because tomorrow is WI!

Last edited by gaya2081; 04-13-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #3  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Good morning!
It's been a busy week and I haven't been on as often I would like. Congrats on the losses and NSV's and welcome newcomers

WI yesterday was good, I am pleased with my 4.8# loss and an additional 8.5 inches! I'm starting phase 2 today. I will not be at my 150 goal but I will be phased off by 1yr. I know it is time for me.

Wishing everyone a great day, good luck with WI's.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning IP troopers! Hope everyone has a great day, 100% protocol. I have almost fully recovered from my planned weekend cheat for my birthday. I even went jogging again last night for another mile and walked a half. Felt good. My legs do not feel good today but a little discomfort is to be expected. Still not back into Ketosis, but hopefully will be there tonight or tomorrow morning.

Take care.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope everyone has a great day!

I also have almost recovered from my weekend cheat. I was so relieved to see the scale go down by 0.6 lbs this morning! I was afraid that my body might not be able to get back on track. I am so pleased and relieved! I ordered Ketostix to try and ease my mind but I haven't received them yet. However, if I am back to losing weight and have not been feeling hungry, there's probably a good chance that I am back in ketosis, thank goodness!

I am thinking of doing a light workout at the gym at lunchtime today... I have so much energy to burn off! I feel

Onwards and downwards!!!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-13-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5'1"

Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 12 April 2011
Mornin'
I don't usually get the chance to be on this early but now that I am I wanted to thank you eatants for being the "daily" mom to get the thread started for all of us.
The consistency is comforting. Carol Thanks again

Last edited by thumper; 04-13-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #7  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!
I've been so busy with grad school/classroom observations that I haven't had much time to come on here.
My husband and I are attending Sub Ball (Navy ball for submariners that happens every year) this weekend so I went dress shopping a few days ago. I normally HATE dress shopping but I found the perfect dress on the first try. My friend took pictures on her phone and looking at them was the first time I really noticed that I've lost weight. I'm feeling pretty good and can't wait to look smokin' hot on Saturday night.
Wishing everyone a happy hump day
Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope everyone has a great day!

I also have almost recovered from my weekend cheat. I was so relieved to see the scale go down by 0.6 lbs this morning! I was afraid that my body might not be able to get back on track. I am so pleased and relieved! I ordered Ketostix to try and ease my mind but I haven't received them yet. However, if I am back to losing weight and have not been feeling hungry, there's probably a good chance that I am back in ketosis, thank goodness!

I am thinking of doing a light workout at the gym at lunchtime today... I have so much energy to burn off! I feel

Onwards and downwards!!!
Just a quick note about ketostix, if you are drinking the water required on our diet, it is likely you will not see the ketostix move off the negative/trace range...with that said, we know that the signs of no hunger and bad breath are the key indicators of ketosis Have a great IP day
Old 04-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #9  

Congratulations to everyone and your weight loss. I love coming on here and seeing all the progress. I have lost 14 lbs. in 4 weeks. Not a lot but better than nothing. But, NO ONE has noticed! Guess I have to lose a lot more before it's being noticed. I can't believe I have not cheated once in 4 weeks. The test will be :going on vacation next week and with Easter coming....I KNOW I can do it. Happy Wednesday to all. Have a great one!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, day 3 for me! I am doing well and managing the hunger pangs in stride. I do not have the carb withdrawals as I was doing Atkins previous to this diet but with no results. My problem was that I took in way to many calories and fat because there were no real set limits. So I am craving nuts and avacados... Oh well, I crave a slim body more! Have an awesome IP day
Old 04-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #11  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
WI yesterday was good, I am pleased with my 4.8# loss and an additional 8.5 inches! I'm starting phase 2 today. I will not be at my 150 goal but I will be phased off by 1yr. I know it is time for me.
One word: Amazing!!! Such an inspiration. And you're a fellow PCOSer if I remember correctly, right? Congrats on moving to Phase 2 and beyond!

I would say my SWness (scale whore-ness) is getting me down today. I've been the same weight since Saturday and have been making adjustments- more water, leaner meats, more salad, different veggies, etc. My coach thought I was on my "50 lb stall" which she's seen with other IPers. All I can is that it's majorly frustrating!! I really really really want to be to goal by May 30th (my 8 year wedding anniversary) and start phasing off from there. I feel like I can touch it yet it's a million miles away. Rant over. That felt good.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning IP troopers! Hope everyone has a great day, 100% protocol. I have almost fully recovered from my planned weekend cheat for my birthday. I even went jogging again last night for another mile and walked a half. Felt good. My legs do not feel good today but a little discomfort is to be expected. Still not back into Ketosis, but hopefully will be there tonight or tomorrow morning.

Take care.
Ok, I have been on IP for 5 weeks. I don't think I have been in ketosis yet! I haven't cheated. Can someone please explain this to me thanks.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #13  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

My weekly weigh in tells me I am up 1.8# from last week. I am still recovering from cheating over the weekend.
I am back on track and hope for a significant loss this week. The weather is warming up a bit here in Ohio, hoping to get some walking in this week too!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #14  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Morning ya'll! Day 6 for me and I feel fine but last night I felt kind of sad. I miss good food! Seriously I feel sad not eating something "normal" but... then I read some posts about phases 2,3 & 4. I got to tell ya that I feel better knowing this is not FOREVER. My daugther was eating a Lean Pocket this morning on her way to school and it was a little torturous. I am now just thinking I can do this until I get my goal. Knowing what is in the other phases is a great motivator! The more I stay OP the quicker I can get there!!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: Goal 130

Height: 5'8

Had my second weight in yesterday and i'm down 4lbs! (first weigh in I was only down 2lbs). I think i'm on my way...

I will be making an appointment with the nutritionist at work to get my true fat percentage (I do not trust my scale at home because it's off by about 5lbs...I'm always heavier at my weight in ).

have any of you been checking fat%? Does your consultant provide this service for you?

Just curious because i want to make sure i'm loosing fat and not muscle...
Closed Thread