South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:05 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default South Beach Daily Chat, Wednesday April 13

Happy Hump Day It's cold and rainy here and I'm off to the state capital yet again. I'm going to pour a cup of coffee and head back to check-in. Can I get anyone else a cup, there's a full pot and I can always make more?

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-13-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Love a mug while I check our weather, Cyndi.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, Cyndi and Ruth! I think it is supposed to be hot here today and then drop a lot for tomorrow.

I couldn't sleep so got up and cleaned the refrigerator. Not sure where that idea came from this morning but took advantage of the urge Working out later with my mom and our trainer than cardio at home. DH has still not gotten my bike out or done taxes so I am keeping my mouth shut. Have to head to the mall later for a few errands.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
I think it's going to rain here all day too - sigh. Today is just a day of work and the usual evening - some tv maybe and some reading. Is anyone watching that new AMC show "The Killing"? DH and I are hooked.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Morning! It seems like we're all getting busier now that "spring" is here....of course not so much in New England but it still feels like a project time of year! 2 workouts today and tutoring after school. The dog needs a couple of shots and I want to buy a new blender...mine doesn't even chop strawberries, nevermind ice!! Any suggestions?

Mathilda...what's the killing about? What are you reading?

Last edited by kmac1196; 04-13-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:20 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, it's going to rain and has already started so no gardening for me today. Donna is coming to clean and I may leave her to it and work on putting the front porch into shape for the nice weather. It's covered and is a great spot to sit when it's warm and raining. Not so good at 40 degrees!

Today feels like Monday to me after being away for Monday and Tuesday. I need to get it together and crank things up for a short week. It's syrup Festival weekend and I have to bake for a sale at the Mill plus do sandwiches for the folks working at the pancakes and sausages. By Day 2, nobody wants to even look at a pancake for lunch.

First though - off to the gym after coffee and Tylenol for the ongoing sore back.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Is there any more coffee left?

I can't tell yet what's the weather planning, probably showers off and on. At least my garden will appreciate it. I hope to get the girls out to the garden center today or tomorrow to buy some seedlings for their garden since they'll have 1/2 days for the rest of this week.
I plan to spend the morning at Susie's until it's time to go get the girls, then we'll have to find something to get us away from the house for the afternoon. It was so noisy with the demolition yesterday that it made my teeth rattle!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:31 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

My gardens are clear and ready for me to get at them. Now I just need to find time. I hope the rain in the weekend's forecast doesn't happen. I already missed peas but want to get lots of greens in. It's only Wednesday morning and I'm already planning my weekend

Karen- I've never thought about doing anything useful with my insomnia! Hope the day allows for some relaxing and you don't get too tired.

Kristen - What kind of blender are you looking at? I've been lusting after a VitaMix but not sure I can justify the cost in our budget.

Ruth - I love the smell of boiling sap in the spring. I think our season is finally ending but it's been amazing this year. Happy gyming

Mathilda

I suppose I should start getting things together and planning my day.

ETA - Cottage there is always more coffee around here Happy gardening

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-13-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/170

Height: 5"6'

Good morning ladies! Not a whole lot going on here....need to look and see what the weather is going to be like today so I know how to dress Got my garden planted over the weekend....so excited! I have never grown anything in Texas so I will see how it goes. I planted onions, zucchini, squash, lettuce, carrots, and cucumbers. Well, I just wanted to drop by...off to make breakfast and lunches for the fam. Have a great hump day!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmckellen View Post
Hi everyone,
I think it's going to rain here all day too - sigh. Today is just a day of work and the usual evening - some tv maybe and some reading. Is anyone watching that new AMC show "The Killing"? DH and I are hooked.
Does it get better? DH and I started the pilot last night and got interrupted 3/4 through and had no inclination to finish. My Mom recommended it.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We had a great trip over. There is still lots of snow up above but the roads were clear and my bike stayed clean! The pool was great and I got caught up with all my friends. I'm leaving soon for my low impact aerobics class...and more visiting. At 10 I'm off to Grand Jct with another friend for a hair appt. Gotta run...have a great day everyone!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 174.9/159.7/154

Height: 6'0"

Good Morning Ladies! I actually made it on here before 10 PM today! The coffee is so good!!!

It is supposed to snow here today (how lucky that it is our first soccer practice for both kids). I am spending the day at the school with the kids teaching their classes how to take apart computers. That should be fun, though I am a little worried about the schedule at my office today if I am not there.

But, I am still riding the high of my weigh-in, so nothing is getting me down!

Karen - good for you! I am never so motivated in the morning!

Jessica - I am jealous that you got to plant already! Our growing season here is so short - we can't plant until the end of May...so I have been trying to plant indoors so I can plant seedlings to put us ahead...the front room of my house is like an ankle-high jungle right now!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is supposed to be beautiful today and then start to drop temperature wise.

Nothing really exciting tonight- laundry and steaming DD1 prom dress to get wrinkles out of the bottom part. I could use a boring night at home hehe

Make it a great day everyone...
Old 04-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

No vitamixer...a bit out of my price range for protein shakes . I am looking at the Waring Pro commercial series...still pricey but I saw it in use at a gym I went to for a bday party and the girl made a smoothie and ice and frozen strawberries were done in a second! Amazing! My black and decker doesn't even blend the bananas in !
Old 04-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #15  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning chickie beachers Enjoying my first cup of and if any of you are still around, there is plently to share on this overcast day.

Cyndi, drive safe.

Karen, if you get that idea again, my frig can use a good cleaning. Come on over.

Matilda, I haven't watched that show but am following DWTS and so far I think the vote has gone right for a change.

Kmac, two workouts. You go girl!

Ruth, I don't know how you manage to stay on plan around all that good sounding food. Good for you.

Linda, I must have missed exactly what this demolitation involves. How major is this project?

Jessica, I'm so jealous that you have your garden planted already.

Debbie, glad you had a safe trip.

Imaginemama, I'm doing the same thing with seedlings all over my house and grow lights to keep them happy on rainy days. We usually can't plant until May either and it's hard to wait.

Rose, be sure and take lots of pictures and would love it if you share one or two. What wonderful memories we have of our two daughters and their school dances.

Even though it is raining here today, I can handle it because we have had a few nice days and yesterday DH and I worked outside building our first raised garden area. Now that we are getting older, it is hard to get down and more so to get back up. So this is our first experience and sure hope it works out. If so, we will expand it next year. We got the frame up and hauled some rocks to place in the bottom for good drainage. Now when the weather clears, we will order a yard or two of good garden soil and will be ready to plant. I'm excited.

Hope you all make it through this hump day with just the right mix of me time, will power and family/friends.
Closed Thread