South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 12:58 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Daily Chat, Tuesday April 12

Good Morning

Matilda, thought I'd spell you for a morning! lol How's the rebounder?

I hope you all have a great Tuesday! By the time you read this I will be travelling through the mountains (Westbound) by moonlight with DH, 2 pups, 1 cat, 1 bike and anything else we can fit in. I'm looking forward to some double duty on the exercise while we're over and the weather seems perfect. We spent our Monday rototilling and digging weeds at my mom's....so she wouldn't feel left out when our happy wagon rolled out of town. I'm going to pack my computer away so I won't be tempted to sit down in the AM....I still have cleaning to do. Oh well...this too shall pass!

Enjoy a coffee or a tea, compliments of moi
Chat a bit...........
and Have a Great Day!

PS, DtheFashionista to our daily! I just saw your menu post on Wednesday's daily. I apologize, I don't have many working cells left...I'd suggest posting your menus and questions to the "On Plan Thread" where they'd be sure to be answered.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:23 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, Debbie! Safe travels to you!

I'm in full packing prep mode, as the movers come one week from today. I have a full list written out of things that need to get done and I'm having fun crossing things off. I know that's weird.

Better get back to it.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Debbie! I still can't keep your travels straight. Where are you going this time? The rebounder is going well. This will be my second morning at 10 minutes, I think I can ramp it up a bit maybe to 15!

Kara, I love to cross things off lists and get things done. I find it SO satisfying but after reading your daily posts about your strategic maneuvers keeping your house organized, I think you and I might be very alike. One of the things I love about moving is getting rid of stuff as I pack and anticipating the new fresh things I'll buy for my new place! Do you know what your house in Hawaii will look like yet?

As for me, on tap today is work and not much else. Tonight I feel like I'll be getting into bed early with a good book. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning! I had such a busy day yesterday that I never did find time to check in here, but I thought about all of you.

Drive safely Debbie. Karen, I hope the campus visit is going well. I don't remember how soon you're flying home...

We had rain yesterday, but it was nice and warm. If this keeps up our snow will be gone soon. The snow banks are really shrinking and we've got a lot of bare ground showing in the yard now. In town there's even more bare ground than out here so it's really starting to feel like spring now! It's still too early for any gardening (we're also zone 4 Ruth) but that's just as well. I've got too much else to do these days anyway.

Enjoy your Tuesday friends!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Thanks for the coffee, Debbie, and it's still good and hot. I guess you're traveling over the mountain by now.

Kara, your post brings back such memories! I always used the prep as an excuse to get rid of a lot of things, too. Did you have a successful yard sale?

Matilda, I'm glad you're liking your rebounder. What do you do on it, just jump? Or are there exercises you can do on it, too? How's your son doing?

Heidi, enjoy your Spring showers today, it's better than more snow. Have a good day in the classroom today!

I'm running off to get my hair done before heading to the farm this morning. Yesterday was a big day of demolition and lots of dust, so I've been busy trying to keep the rest of the house clean and tidy. More of the same today.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning!! I haven't checked in in a couple days...still on track (really on track) but just busy!!! Mathilda....you got your rebounder???? Yay!!!!! 10 mins is great!!! Are you loving it? Remember, you don't have to jump high...the movement is very low...but everything bounces LOL !!! Can't wait to hear your progress there!!! Have a fun trip Debbie!! Hi Kara! I HATE packing and moving...I'll never do it again...seriously..next time I move I'm leaving this stuff and buying new stuff!!!!! Hi Heidi! We had rain yesterday but it's warmer here near Cape Cod so we'll take it too!!!! Friday should be nice for both of us!!!

I have been working out like a madwoman...I bought the book New Rules of Lifting for Women and ...WOW...kicks my A&^%!!! I have been lifting weights for 14 years and am strong but this book works on compound lifting and I've been out of touch with that for a while so....I'm loving it though!!! Got a weight bench and barbell and plates and bike from Craigslist to add to my home gym (have a treadmill, rebounder, dumbells, pullup bar) and spent yesterday reorganizing it....I'm loving it!!!!! Doing couch to 5k on my cardio days (starting week 3 today....3 mins of jogging...ugh...). Loving that too. Food has been on point!!! Really feeling good...we'll see what the scale says after my body media for the week (Friday)!!!! Okay..I'm off to workout...laundry ...kids to school....shopping.....etc!!! Have a super day!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Oooh...you snuck in Cottage!!!! Hi! I'm loving hearing about your farm stories!!! Sorry about the dust though! Anything new planting? I still have my back yard to rake yet....;( never mind planting!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:13 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8

Good morning!
I haven't been on for a few weeks, I've had a nasty bout on tonsillitis and my internet was more or less broken for a few weeks.
In the meantime I have thrown out my scales (hooray!) and gone from weighing myself every day to whenever I am at home in England / we have to weigh kids at school / round someone's house that has a scale. They were driving me batty because they never moved!
I've also eased up a lot on my diet and moved to a more intuitive eating plan (eating when i'm hungry, stopping when i'm not). Still roughly on South Beach principles though, lots of beans, good carbs and protein. I have been eating chocolate etc more than usual but hey, I can't be bothered to be that strict with myself any more! As long as I do it when I am actually hungry, it is OK.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to you all, you were all so much help when I was following South Beach properly!

Have a nice day :-)
Old 04-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

We got home without incident late last night and are all blurry-eyed today. DH and I liked the college but the teen is so hard to read. He was frustrating me no end at his unwillingness to talk about stuff and I just kept telling myself to be the bigger person and appreciate how he must be feeling right now.

Anyhoo, am glad to be back to routine today. Off to make a dent in my google reader now. BBL...
Old 04-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

Yesterday was yet another day spent at the hospital. My mom had surgery. It went well. My Dad and I have just decided we are over hospitals. The good thing is that she gets to go home today. I know I haven't updated about my uncle lately, so here it is. After 7 weeks in the Nero ICU he moved to a acute care rehab hospital last week YEA!!

I along with many of you love lists and checking things off of them!!

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:13 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, the weather here has turned cold again and they are talking about snow possible this weekend, winter would you just go away please Prom is on Saturday and the high is supposed to be in the forties.

Tonite have Awana, will miss DD1 soccer game but I cannot be in two places at once. DD1 has been helping out in Awana so she understands.

Okay back to work, make it a great day everyone.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #12  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Just popping in long enough to say hi before I head out the door for a walk. Going to see how far this ankle will allow me to go today. Will be back later.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #13  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Gosh! It's the 12th already? Time sure does fly!

Hello everyone! I hope everybody is having a good day so far. Besides the rain (i hate rain), my day is going OK!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Kara - I swear I make lists JUST SO I can cross things off - and even if I already DID the thing that day, I write it down so I can cross it back off.

I blame Frog and Toad's story "The List."

Be well -
Old 04-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 290/226/160

Height: 5'10

Thanks Lexxiss I'll be sure to do that. I'm feeling great today...even though I've got the beginning of a nasty cold that's been going around my office!
Closed Thread