Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-09-2011, 03:57 AM   #1  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Default Back to work on Monday :0

My lil one is 5mos and I'm back to work this Monday (albeit for 4 days before I have a two week holiday -LOL-). Apprehensive about this, about being away from my wee man, having to express (groan I so hate it) and what the heck am I going to eat for lunch. I'm so use to being able to prepare lunch at home the idea of going back to work and thinking of how I was eating before (JUNK!). Need to be prepared. So I'm wondering Mummys, what do you eat for lunch?
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/ticker/120

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

I make my lunches at night for the next day's lunches(usually leftovers from that dinner-I make extras) and I keep cottage cheese, cheese sticks, fruits in a refrig at work. Always my lunch consists of a salad with proteins/fats. We also have a blender for protein drinks. COngratulations on your success!
thelast20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:26 AM   #3  
Mummy-tummy battler

I'm thinking about giving shakes a go, nice and easy (esp. as I have to express during lunch break too so time is minimal)
Old 04-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Salads containing a protein (either leftover meat or hard boiled egg & diced bacon) sprinkling of goat cheese, balsamic & oil

I eat a lot of plain greek yogurt (2%), ~1/2 Tbsp agave & ~1Tbsp granola, I add berries when they're in season

We have a toaster at work so peanut butter on toasted sprouted grain bread is a yummy treat.

Egg salad or chicken salad in lettuce wraps

When tomatoes are in season I eat BLTs a lot
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

>>HUG<<

I would say take the advice here and don't get too wrapped up in making it too complicated. I know that even pregnant and working there are days when I wake up and tantrum if I have to think too hard about lunch. If your office has a fridge, keeping good choices stocked there is a huge bonus. My pregnant brain forgets and every time I open the fridge door I am surprised -- OH! Apples! I love apples! LOL.

Also, throwing a few frozen entrees always help me when I've done something dumb (like left my lunch on the kitchen counter). I am huge fan of Lean Cuisine mac & cheese mixed with frozen broccoli.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #6  
Mummy-tummy battler

Goddess I loved apples so much while pregnant, craved green apples with both kids

I survived my first week back and now I have two weeks off (decided to ease into work -LOL-). I'm going to check out some shakes during this time, I went with chicken salads (I only eat chicken so cooked extra the night before) and fruit. Will definitely also put some good snacks in my office - its funny I carry snacks for my daughter but never think to carry them for myself.