South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 270/see ticker/GW 150

Height: 5'9"

Default P1 Loss: 11.5lbs!!

I really thought that due to Hashimoto's I'd be one of those to lose around 4 lbs in P1, so I was prepared for disappointment. Well isn't it great to be pleasantly surprised!
Woo Hoo!!

I have a question to you all: If I was never a sweets person (rarely a craving) does that mean I'm less susceptible to the effects of sugar on this diet? Because remember my first week I was drinking soymilk that had sugar and thought I had blown it, yet still the loss. You all talk of curbing the cravings, and I haven't craved much of anything save easier meal ideas (old habits die hard). So what does it all mean? Do you think I can count this as a clean P1 and continue on to P2? (I'm tempted to introduce wine before anything else lol.)

Also- dreamed I was gorging on a giant pita stuffed with cheese before I woke up hahaha!! It was delicious!
YeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Congrats, YeahYeah!

Whole wheat pita is allowed on Phase 2! Your dream can come true, just go for lf cheese.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #3  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

what a great weight loss for your phase one! If I were you, I would move on but take it real slow, adding just one phase two item at a time and then wait a day or few to see how you handle it. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished so far. Keep up the great work.

Last edited by TallandThin; 04-10-2011 at 06:18 PM.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174.9/159.7/154

Height: 6'0"

Woo Hoo!!! That is awesome! Best of luck moving on to P2! I am the same way with sugar - just not into that many sweets. Only had a hard time when we had cupcakes in the house - I do love some good frosting!!! What I do miss, though are grains, and some fruit.

Anyway, that is a great beginning! Way to go!
imaginemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/203/170

Height: 5'6"

Holy smokes, that is awesome!!! Congratulations on 11.5 pounds!
summerlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW 270/see ticker/GW 150

Height: 5'9"

Thanks ladies!
YeahYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #7  

Great job!
Today is the start of my second week of Phase 1, I'm only down 3 lbs. Having said that, I took off 12 before starting this program. Needless to say, you've given me hope for the 2nd week loss prospects!

I miss wine too...I had a dinner party on Saturday night and polished off 2 bottles of perrier all by myself! 2 weeks ago that would have been Reisling!

Congrats and good work
melanieintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!

You asked if you could consider this a clean P1, in that you unknowingly had soymilk with added sugar before you recognized it wasn't allowed on P1. Since you've indicated you don't have cravings, I would say continue on to P2, adding foods slowly, as Dr. A suggests.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote