Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Appoximately, how much fiber do you get on a daily basis?
FIBER? Isn't that the stuff in your dryer's lint trap? 0 0%
I know I get some, but how much is a mystery to me! 19 54.29%
Less than 10 grams of fiber. 0 0%
10-20 grams 9 25.71%
20-25 grams 3 8.57%
The recommended 25-35 grams 2 5.71%
35+grams! No dookie problems here! 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2001, 10:56 PM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIP & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FITNESS

Please visit our NEWEST BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...4143#post34143

Please make sure you post your BIO on the NEWEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our APRIL 2001 RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=3775

We have FOUR INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2365[/url

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2359

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=4049

WANT TO POST YOUR WEEKLY WEIGHT LOSS INFO and BE COUNTED in our weekly totals of pounds lost?? Go to the WEEKLY WEIGH IN BOARD BELOW to post your stats!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=4050

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit NEW REPLY NOT NEW THREAD then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. Also, when the board gets to the 2nd & 3rd page, sometimes it may take a little longer for your message to appear, you can refresh your browser, or wait, but it will show up! If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!
Old 04-08-2001, 11:04 PM   #2  

Default IT'S MONDAY!!!!

Good Monday Morning Everyone!

Another week is upon us, can you believe it! I'm sure this is going to be a very busy week for many of you with the Easter holiday coming up. I'd like you ALL to take a look at the TIPS & TOOLS BOARD. Last year, I posted some information on how to handle the holidays and eating. You can find the board through the link below, the post is dated 11/21/00:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2344

How is everyone planning on handling the holidays. I think my poll should of asked that instead of the fiber question, oh well.

Last weeks polling question had interesting results. I think almost 2/3 of those who answered the question could benefit from taking in more water, something that is easy to do. Lets all try to work on this, me included and see if in a month or two, we can relist this poll and see better results. Also, please make sure you take this weeks poll!!!

I have a request First off, I want to tell you all, the success I've had with SB is largely due to my involvement with this board. You know how important this board is to me, and without all of you and this board, I know I would not be where I am today, so close to goal. I know not everyone has the time to be as involved as I am, but for those of you who have a little extra time, I could really use some help with some small tasks. It would not only help me greatly, but it would also keep you firmly planted on this board If you are willing to help, please, e-mail me directly. Just to give you a quick idea of what I'm needing help with is someone to take the MOTIVATIONAL MONDAYS that are posted and post them onto the MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRATIONAL BOARDS sometime during the week. Same with the TUESDAY TIPS, need to post them on the TIPS & TOOLS BOARD, ditto with FRIDAY FACTS, need things to go onto the RECOMMENDED READING BOARD. Not a lot of work, but it would require a little bit of time. Again, if you have any interest, PLEASE, e-mail me directly. THANKS!!!

TODAY IS MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY and here's my contribution:

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense.

This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on the yesterdays.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

We have 2 birthdays this week to celebrate. GLORY (Gloria) & THINAGIN (Susy) both have birthdays on April 11th. THINAGIN hasn't been around these parts for a while, so I don't know if she is still with us or not, but we definintely know GLORY is with us, so come APRIL 11th, please make sure you wish her a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'll check in after I get Michael and Lauren to school, and after I get my walk in, so I will respond to all then.

Have a wonderful SB day everyone!!!!

Debbie
194/13?/129
Miami, FL
Old 04-08-2001, 11:25 PM   #3  

Happy Monday Everyone

Yes, I am posting early too. I have to be up and out of the house by 5 am so I wanted to get in my motivational comments early.

Here it is:

There are a lot of things in our lives that we can't change...how we react to things is our choice. Work through problems and issues. Make a decision that you will not let other people or things (i.e. food) control you. You control the situation! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Glory: Have a great Birthday week!

The way I am handling Easter is to focus on the true meaning. We will have a nice family meal that is mostly SB legal (family still likes white rolls). I've never been one to let my kids have a ton of candy. Their easter baskets will have some candy but mostly trinkets. We always have an easter egg hunt with plastic eggs and some will have nothing in them and some will have some $1 bills...not too many. That way the sweets stay out of my house. Just like for Halloween and Valentines day my word of advice to the board is:

JUST SAY NO TO THE CANDY...NOT ONE PIECE. One piece will end up being a lot more. So it is better to just not start.

Well have to run. Everyone have a great week.

Anna
(haven't weighed yet)
Old 04-09-2001, 01:34 AM   #4  

Default YOGA

Hi everyone

This is just a quick post as I have to get up early in the morning and will be out most of the day and it's time I hit the sack. After having such a good day at work yesterday, to-day I ended up getting sucked in to doing a double shift as some one didn't show up for work. So much for a relaxing evening. Then when I got home I had to prepare a fruit tray for a pot luck lunch we are having tomorrow at the badminton tournament.

Kim - Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Deb - Sounds like you had a good time at Seder.

I did try my yoga tape yesterday. I managed to do some of the positions, not all. Most of them involve stretching. The standing positions I found the easiest - these were to stretch the spine. Although not very good balancing on one leg. It is suggested you use a chair for this if you have difficulty with it. The sitting position exercises were fairly easy ( no lotus position). There's a segment for Overall Body Tone which is done from kneeling position and involves movements similar to pushups. I didn't have the strength for those. The last part was the best. It was 7 minutes of Relaxation Visualization. Very soothing and calming. I fell asleep in the middle of it! I was lying on my exercise mat and must have slept for about 10-15 minutes. (O.K. it was after midnight when I finished the tape and I had been working during the day.)

Gotta go and get some sleep. It's almost time to get up!

Have a good SB day everyone.

Marie
Old 04-09-2001, 03:31 AM   #5  
Everyday angel

Default This'll do ya ;)

Well I was surprised but pleased that Monday morning started early as I am happy to welcome the new week with you gals but won’t have time to post tomorrow probably!

Now that I have been here several weeks you folks on this board has come to mean quite a lot to me. I can’t WAIT to read what is going on and post. As a matter of fact I would rather do so than work, which is why I had to make a commitment to myself to not read or post during working hours! It is so awesome to me to read about things that you are looking forward to, or nervous about or both, and then read the descriptions of what actually happened. I also really enjoy reading about your little and big victories in regards to this way of eating...and am glad when you talk about slipping up too, because sharing is part of the process of getting stronger next time!

You are such a wonderful bunch of chickees! ((((GROUP HUG))))

Melf/Mary: Whoohooo great job on the comp picnic! And the relay for life sounded awesome. I have lost several family members to cancer and have survived thyroid cancer myself.

Quilter/Kim: I’m glad that the pupus (Hawaiian for appetizers) at the book signing were not only legal but sounds YUMMY too! Sorry to hear about your uncle...sending positive thoughts indeed.

Also I wanted to say that your responses to other people’s posts are always so caring and dead-on (like to Barb and Cathy). I wish I had half your wisdom.

Barb: I enjoyed the detailed description of the wedding. Sure other people are flakes but you came through beautifully for your beautiful daughter (at least so I presume I couldn’t tell precisely from the narrative.)

Hey who’s family IS normal??? ;l

Glory: Nice to hear from you!

Cathy: It’s always nice to hear your posts ‘cause we are both new and figuring it out together! I think that you have TWO victories to report because throwing away the other half of the ____ is a BIG DEAL indeed! Remember that you have a LIFETIME of habits to overcome: you can’t expect to magically change overnight. I’ll bet even ST. DEBBIE went through a period of adjustment! (Yes I am picking on you girl.)

Speaking of Debbie: I’m glad you survived your Sedar with no problems. You reminded me of my dear friend Becca who is now in school in LA. (the CA LA) She used to invite me to every Jewish holiday with her family and I found things strange but interesting.

I am continually amazed by the number of miles you put in every week. Especially when you don’t feel like doing it but you go out and do it anyway. Truly inspiring.

About your ah, elephant thighs, I’m willing to bet it’s not nearly so bad as you imagine. Even so I think it takes a couple of years for the skin to recover from losing so much weight. I have had good luck generally considering how big I used to be but my lower abs I’m really annoyed about. I have an “apron” of loose skin, pockets of cottage cheese and even some spots that look like holes in the fatty tissue with nothing in them (????) Since I was never “normal” in that area I don’t know if it will go back. Some days I obsess about getting a tummy tuck but I try to be patient.

That reminds me. Even in only two weeks that I have been starting to lose weight again it seems like the fat is “on the move” or activated. Meaning areas that used to be reasonably firm are now soft and jiggly. All over...even my thighs which are pretty good. And my breasts have undergone INSTANT deflation (always the first place to shrink). This is very alarming but the skin has gone back in place before and I know I just have to give it time.

Okay, now that I have given all of you too much information.

There is a recipe for the ice cream in my last post, but yes you do cook the eggs on low heat, and then let the mixture cool, before freezing it. BTW I know it’s been a really long time since I had a Snickers bar but I swear the peanut butter ice cream tastes just like one!

Like your chocolate adventures, ice cream is a test of willpower for me. Like this pb batch turned out so good that it’s driving me nuts. So to speak. Avoiding it altogether is an alternative but with ice cream, I would eventually break down and litter the floor with empty half-gallon containers. So learning to deal with it in moderation is important to me. Last night I stayed up until almost five in the morning and thought, well, it’s a new day already so I can have my next three bits of ice cream. Then I thought, well, that’s still compulsive. So I held out. Then when I got up around nine I thought, okay, now. Then I thought, ice cream in the morning is still not all that healthy. So I held out!!! Didn’t last until after dinner thought...had my ice cream around 5. Then I wanted to say, f*ck it, what does it matter, and eat more. But I thought, just one crack in my resolute armor could lead to failure! If I am going to recover I am going to have to run a tight ship! So I thought, have a snack, eat ANYTHING but more ice cream. I ended up making a pbj sandwich with homemade ww bread, fresh ground peanut butter, and all-fruit blueberry spread. And a cup of soy milk with a little splenda and vanilla. So it satisfied that craving for something sweet without giving in! I think I am going to make it through one more day.

I’m glad you moved the chats to Tuesday, and I will do my best to make it this time.

BOB, LMAO at the patch story!

Rhonda, I’m glad you had such a good day! There was something about your story and seeing your pics that really touched something in me emotionally and made me want to reach out and DO SOMETHING about you getting it together! But of course that is impossible....I am confident that the motivation to succeed with this WOE will come from within you....in its own time. Progress is like a blooming rose: the flower opens slowly; if you try to force it open it will bruise and die.

I’m 27 and don’t take flack for being a young’un! You are right; the struggle is what makes us stronger. (Who posted that story about the cocoon and the butterfly?) And all our accomplishments mean a lot. I am enjoying the rollerblades more than anything else I’ve tried for exercise in my life, including my bike. Don’t pass up your chances to have fun, you won’t live forever!

Anna, I’m glad you’re doing so well with the weight and the walking. 5 miles whew! Next thing you know you’ll be doing the marathon with your daughter and niece.

A major part of my progress is that I know things won’t be easy or magic when I reach goal weight. I am constantly vigilant that I may regress, but the more I build and devote time to a good support network, like here, the more confident that I am I will succeed! I also have good support “IRL” with my OA group and my friends.

Rosalie/Marie, I think you will be amazed at how fast you progress with yoga! Keep it up!

Today’s thoughts

Well it has been a truly awesome weekend. Still didn’t do my taxes or the work on my website but otherwise! This makes two full weeks on program and on top of things! I’ve done 25 miles of rollerblading in the past three days. I have been smoke free. The temptations are getting easier to deal with. My new routine of shopping, planning meals, cooking and cleaning, which seemed like endless drudgery to a confirmed bachelorette, is beginning to feel more natural. I’m coping with having a TV in the house for the first time in five years. My roommate and I, it seemed, were growing apart partially because of the changes I’ve made in my lifestyle but we had a lovely talk last night and things are MUCH better between the two of us.

Last night I did indeed go dancing and drink only diet coke for a while. I met some friends, and at first it wasn’t too exciting but I concentrated on my objective, which was to dance for a while. Danced for two hours straight in my high heels...but my friend Ryan wasn’t having a good time so I rolled my eyes and left (he was my ride). Still had unnatural amount of energy so I drove down to my favorite haunt, Ala Moana beach park. I wasn’t sure if I could park after 10 pm but I was willing to chance it. Turns out it was okay, so starting at 12:30 am I skated until my legs turned to jelly, 1 ¼ hours. Then I worked up the courage to have that talk with my roomie and things were better right away. So we just felt like a drive to we drove out to Wal*Mart (about 15 miles) just to look around....until about 5 in the morning. (Yes Honolulu is just a big small town after all) So it was definitely a different kind of Saturday night, and I enjoyed the skating part much better than the clubbing part....eerily beautiful to be skating through the empty street which was so crowded in the daytime that it scared me away!

Random

I’m sure you Louisiana gals have heard of New Orleans' own COWBOY MOUTH, the funnest band around. Their only well-known song is “Jenny Says.” Well I had the rare privilege of seeing them live in Honolulu a while back! It was one of the most memorable occasions of my life. Well my bayou roomie downloaded this song that I was just listening to, "Easy," and I find it quite inspirational. Ya’ll should check them out. I can’t find the lyrics to this song right off but it goes, “Easy to b*tch, easy to whine, easy to moan, easy to cry, easy to feel like there ain’t nothin’ in your life. Harder to work, harder to strive, harder to be glad to be alive, but it’s really worth it, if you give it a try!”

And finally......Motivational Monday

For this Monday I will share with you some of my affirmations. After a seminar I attended, I learned the power of affirmations: after all, the mind cannot hold two contradictory beliefs simultaneously! So I worked to replace my old, negative programming with new, positive thoughts. Do I truly believe every single positive thought I put in my head? Not yet, but with repetition, I CAN change the program in my head that causes me to succeed or fail, to take advantage of my opportunities or let my life slip through my fingers! To facilitate this repetition, I wrote out my affirmations on what turned out to be a thick stack of index cards, and keep them next to my bed so that I can go over them often.

These are a few samples and pertain to all areas of life. Of course, yours will be different. It’s just to give you an idea:
  • I give freely
  • I’m not afraid to ask for help.
  • I’m open to new experiences.
  • I’m not afraid to talk to strangers.
  • I live in the present moment.
  • I enjoy a challenge.
  • I am at peace with myself and others.
  • I am poised and present myself well at all times.
  • I project an aura of confidence and authority.
  • I am my own best friend.
  • I like spending time with myself.
  • I am a worthy partner for somebody special.
  • I see the good in others first.
  • What I do matters
  • What I do affects others, perhaps even the whole world.
  • I am not alone.
  • I live my life with the clarity of purpose.
  • I have no self-doubt.
  • I listen to my body and am therefore naturally thin and healthy.
  • I am physically fit.
  • I can stand up for myself while still expressing tact.
  • I can set boundaries on my relationships without building walls.
  • I make others feel healthy, special, and worthy.
  • I empower others.
  • I am a natural leader.
  • My purpose in life is to have a positive impact on others.
  • I take risks and am not afraid of failure.
  • I keep my word to myself and others.
Affirmations have real power. I hope you will also take ten minutes out of your day to “change the channel” mentally!

Love,

Chris

Last edited by SparkleScamp; 04-09-2001 at 03:37 AM.
Old 04-09-2001, 07:50 AM   #6  

Default You're the first to hear this, almost!

I will go back and read everything from the last two days, but am being extremely self centered at the moment. Guess what?

STEVE POPPED THE QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said yes, of course.

This was so unexpected, and I am still floating. So is he, it seems. We are both mid=forties (well, maybe late forties?) and acting like silly teenagers. He even asked my dad for my hand, which might have been pushing it a little.

I can't even tell people yet, we have to tell our children first and one of Steve's daughters is getting married on June 2, so we don't want to steal their thunder. So I guess it's just parents and the SB board for a few weeks. I think I will burst first. Our kids will be happy for us, I have 2 and he has 3, all grown thank God.

We plan to get married in late July or early August, and are looking for a house right now. He is a CPA (but a fun one!) and this kind of thing could take a while. You know how accountants are when it comes to money...it's like Disney World when they get to use their calculators!

So I guess my motivational Monday is taken care of, and I now know that the saying : "Good things come to those who wait" is true. But you have to help things along a little bit sometimes.
Old 04-09-2001, 08:28 AM   #7  

Default Congratulations!!

Congratulations Margaret!! What happy news! It will be such an exciting time for you...buying a house and getting married. Best wishes!! We'll look forward to hearing all the details as you go along. How will you keep quiet about this until June?????

Thanks to all who addressed my concerns re: the GI index and cheating on this WOE. I'm just taking it day by day. I know you'll let us know if you find anything interesting re: the GI index Debbie. Thanks.

I don't have time to post much now. I'll check in later. Three day week for me with Easter coming up! WHoo Hoo!

Have a great day-
Ashley
Old 04-09-2001, 08:37 AM   #8  

Default DAY 8.....NO CIG OBSESSING YET

CONGRATS MARGARET!!!!!

More later...I'm at work

BOB
Old 04-09-2001, 08:53 AM   #9  

Default I'm still alive!

I spent some time scanning the board from Sat and Sun. My hands are shaped like a paint brush handle and it is truly difficult to type!

I am whipped. Not planning to work in the kitchen today, just run errands and chill. I worked like a DOG for 4 days.

Slipped up and ate a few peices of Easter Candy on Sat night and Sunday; an Easter gift from "the Spewer" in a sweet little ceramic bunny. Proved to me that I just can't have anything like that around.

One update on the "Spewer," It was reported that she had a caffeine buzz from chugging a Mountain Dew and 2 BC powders to try to get rid of a headache, and that she had only had 1 1/2 glasses of wine. Not sure that I believe that. Additionally, the lovely hostess whose clothes were ruined never let on to the Spewer that she had stained her sweater, she just said that she was cold. What a kind and generous woman.

Congrats Margaret!

Hang in there BOB!

Barbee - You're terrific for taking care of everything the way you did.

Hello to everyone that I didn't mention.

Gotta go get ready to go out today.

Check back in later,

Peace,
Frog
Old 04-09-2001, 09:36 AM   #10  

Good Monday Again Morning Everyone!

Well, I got up on time, really, before I had to get up. Eli was up around 4am and I heard his alarm, so I was in and out of conciecness until around 5:45am, and then was up from that point on. Took Michael to school and came back and walked my usual 4.5 miles before taking Lauren to school. So, now it's time to get on the board before I go about my day.

I'm still stuck up a 1/2lb at 132-almost didn't walk today, wondered WHY am I killing myself, but then I go out and walk, and with patience, it does pay off. Plus, I'm almost mid-cycle, so I'm hoping it will go down after I reach the peak!

QUESTION: What do you gals think about not only posting our stats below our names, but when we started SB as well, so others can see how long each of us have been following this WOE. Opinions, please!!!

We watched MEET THE PARENTS last night-cute movie.

QUILTER, trust me, sometimes I wonder if being 100% on plan is all it's cracked up to be. Not that I encourage cheating at all, but being that I haven't cheated since I started SB, and all the walking I do, and seeing where others who detour a bit, and not exercise as much as I do and still lose the weigh, well, I wonder how I'd do if I wasn't following the plan 100% and if I wasn't walking so much-on second thought, it would probably be such a nightmare! I want this soooo bad that cheating isn't a thought really-just getting to goal, that's what's more important than any food. After I read your post last night, it must of bothered me somewhat, I had a dream (maybe I should say nightmare) that I cheated by eating white potatoes and that I had to get on the board and tell everyone that I finally cheated! Lord, am I sick, or what!

BIGO, thanks for helping with the retirement, and the stock!! He'll pay you back next time we see you! Congrats on the week with no cig!!!

BEACH, I know I'll get there, but could you look into a crystal ball and just tell me WHEN????? Thanks for the Motivational Monday words. When I read your JUST SAY NO TO CANDY, it reminded me of how they say JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS, and I guess we should think of it as such. Hope you have a great week!

ROSALIE, LOL You fell asleep during the yoga tape? Boy, you must really be tired!! Either that or that tape is like a sedative for relaxing you. Sounds like you enjoyed it. I actually did buy a tape at a garage sale, but have yet to try it out-will have to dig it out and see what it's about. Have fun at your badminton lunch today!

SPARKLE, you have come to see what this group is all about, I couldn't of said it better! If I amaze you with my walking, think of that and times it ten-fold of what I think about all the exercise you do Remember one thing, you are young, and a lot younger than I am, so you haven't had to experience the ups and downs of tremendous weight losses and gains, plus having 2 kids via C-section, which doesn't help matters any. These thighs I have are bad, trust me, I don't sugar coat anything, esp. when it comes to me. Just something I have to live with, and hope others don't ever have to know how it is to have thighs like this. Be thankful you are doing something about your weight NOW and not later, there's a BIG difference when you're younger. Ice cream is #2 on my list of downfall foods. I can easily eat a 1/2 gallon in 1 day, EASILY-well, at least I could before, now, it's not even a mere thought. I do have trouble with making something that's SB legal, like baked goods, and being able to have just one piece-this is something I'll have to conquer in the future, and is one reason I don't bake much either! Thanks for sharing those affirmations, along with everything else-you should be a writer!

MARGARET!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WHOPPEEEEE!!!! You failed to mention HOW he popped the question, and what the ring looks like!!!! I remember, when my ex-husband and I told my Mother that we were getting married, she told him he had to ask my Father first. So he goes in the family room and says to my Dad, "I'd like to ask for your permission to have your daughter's hand in marriage". My Dad looks at him and says, "you want her hand, no way, you take the whole body, or there's no deal!" I almost died laughing!!!! Congrats again, and we all look forward to hearing about all the details as they come about!!

OVERCOME, I think I'll be searching for the information for you on the GI tomorrow, should have some time then.

FROG, hmmm, I see the Spewer is trying to thwart your efforts by giving you Easter Candy. What a lovely "friend". Interesting story of hers, but I wouldn't buy it!!!

Well, I've got to run-I'll check in with you sometime later. Please remember,[b]TOMORROW IS TUESDAY'S CHAT AT 9:15PM EST).

Have a wonderful day!

Debbie
194/132/129
Miami, FL
Old 04-09-2001, 09:43 AM   #11  
viv

Morning All….
Even though I am still in a miserable frame of mind I have vowed to put on a happy face for all and try to get back to my old self!!

Totally, I mean TOTALLY went off=plan for Passover. I had been having a hard time with the program for 2 days, which is always made worse when I am too tired to exercise. I didn’t overeat, just ate things that were not OP and came home and felt like I was going to toss those cookies (but didn’t). To make things worse, my wonderful friend gave my kids these adorable pails filled with delicious, sweet things, chocolates, gummies…many many things I like. I have NOT touched them but I am almost annoyed this friend who is tall, skinny and eats like a horse, who knew I was on this plan, gave them that. What can you do……

Yesterday I was perfect OP and even managed a walk outside. Never did my weights or crunches, tho. I’m having a hard time this time around and I don’t understand why. Feeling worse about my body than I did before losing the 11 lbs! Good thing is a neighbor of mine is joining me on the plan along with her whole family, so I’ve got someone local to share info with. I had a talk with DH last nite and he says he will at least read the book…he really does nothing conscious to ensure good health ( he is not overweight, maybe he could lose 10 lbs, but he is not dedicated to good health – major major carb addict, too). He really has an issue with dieting, thinks its for girls, which pisses me off royally. We’llsee how far I get this time with him…wish me luck.

Hey – does anyone watch “The Sopranos”? These last few weeks I have been thingking of going cold turkey on that show – it has really gotten to me, touched a nerve – the way women are treated by these men, and last night, the uncle with cancer, the mid-life marriage issues, the adolescent son…it’s getting to be too much for me!

My Mom came home from the hospital – no conclusive info on anything, which I guess is good. I just wonder why NONE of the doctors mentioned her weight – 161 at 5’1” – yes she’s almost 80, but wouldn’t losing a few pounds help with shortness of breath?

DAD – still holding. I dreamt I had lung cancer last nite and it was such an awful dream….

Barbee – I just loved your description of the wedding. I absolutely love weddings and if I could stand the thought of working weekends would probably be a wedding planner (among other things). The dresses sounded gorgeous – your poor SIL, tho, he has a nut job for a mother. Since my DH has a nutjob for a mother too, my advice to your daughter is to come to terms with whatever relationship her husband and his mother have NOW – because later, when kids enter the picture, etc., it can get challenging!!! I never came to terms with my MIL’s lunacy when I was younger and I have MAJOR issues with her now which get in the way of things at times. Very hard. She will benefit from her strong relationship with you. Oh, I couldgo on! But --- MazelTov on the wedding!

Kimmi – So sorry about your uncle. What a lousy way to go….I just don’t know why we can’t find a cure for this ugly disease. My condolences to your family.

Glory – Have a great birthday week! April and May are big birthday months among our friends and family – something about those Aries and Taurus personalities!

Rosalie – I’m glad you liked the yoga. Like I told Kimmi, when I did it it was TOO relaxing for me and I found myself obsessing about all the other things I should have been doing….I need more high energy exercise to distract me. How pathetic, huh?

Margaret – Congratulations on your engagement! Now let me tell you, I think Barbee should plan your wedding, since her daughter’s sounded so wonderful! How great your are getting this second chance at happiness…..this is going to be such a wonderful year for you!

Deb – Now what are your plans to celebrate when you reach goal? Is Eli the type to make a fuss considering your incredible effort? Takeyou to the Keys for the weekend? On a cruise?????? Or can you treat yourself to a facial, massage, manicure (can I come too?). Do fill us in if you’ve had any thoughts – you deserve something to celebrate!

Overcome - Ashley, I don’t know if I’ve ever said congrats on reaching goal. I am proud of you, esp with your busy job and having to plan around all those kids having their chocolate chip cookies for snack, etc. Way to go!

Frog – I have to LOL about the Spewer. What a name. Someday you’ll have to call her that to her face…..she will spew allover again!

Back to work for me. Have a great Monday and I hope I can get through this entire week OP and feeling better…

QUESTION – My house is FULL of candy. I hate it when my kids have so much in the house….all this new Passover stuff, plus what was already in the house, plus what will come for Easter….how do I get rid of it without them knowing (they are very territorial about their candy, geez, its like gold….)

Viv
Simsbury, CT
146/???????/128/????
Old 04-09-2001, 09:47 AM   #12  

Exclamation

Just a reminder, if you have not posted your BIO on the new BIO BOARD, please, try to do this ASAP. I'm updating my e-mail files and would like to have everyone's current e-mails.

Here's the link to the BIO BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=3773

THANKS!

Last edited by Debelli; 04-09-2001 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-09-2001, 10:25 AM   #13  

Hey Everyone,

Hope everyone is looking forward to a great week! I am!

Monday is already in high gear with no end in sight. This will be an exteremly busy week here at the church, with preparations for Resurrection Sunday. Plus I have a conference in Lafayette.

Life is good!!! I'm entering week 6 of SB and as I said before, there's no turning back for me. I've got to much invested.

DEB: I like the idea of posting our stats at the end.

Gotta run, have a staff meeting at 10:00 a.m.

Everyone have a great Monday and a blessed Holy Week!

Blessings,
StarChaser

325/310/150
Start: March 1, 2001
Old 04-09-2001, 10:38 AM   #14  

Default Happy Monday Everyone!!!!!

Just popping in for a few quick lines.....

I was reading the posts and saw Magaret's GREAT NEWS!!!! I am a sucker for good news, especially in the romance department - whoo hooooo

I will come back later on and get caught up. I am a TAD frustrated about this crudd I STILL have. Called Dr's office, and I feel they haven't a CLUE what I need to be doing. I am TIRED of feeling BAD.... I am STILL coughing up green, and have rebound congestion. The nurse says it's all still just running it's course, and to give it until WEDNESDAY. I DO have a life, and I have got SOO much I should be doing right now.

Please forgive me for this whining session. It is a NEW week full of hope, and celebration of rebirth. Please say some prayers for me.........

I'll come back later. Gonna give myself a SWIFT kick/attitude adjustment
Old 04-09-2001, 10:44 AM   #15  

Good morning all! I finally got my copy of SB from Amazon on Thursday, and "officially" started on Friday (my birthday!) I'm still reading and trying to put it all together..... I must admit, I skipped around in the early chapters because I was so anxious to get to the food sections!

I have lost about 2 lbs already, although I'm trying not to be too fanatical about weighing in......I tend to get obsessed w/the numbers. But I think 2 lbs. in 3 days is pretty good!

I will have plenty of questions for you all (or y'all as we say in Alabama ). For instance, do most of you eat from the "low" glycemic categories? I also read that you should eat fruit/fruit juices alone and not w/other meals....have you found this to be effective?

As I posted last week (and on my bio), I have a son who has leukemia. He was diagnosed in October, and needless to say, it has turned our world upside down. He is in remission and doing wonderfully now....even getting ready to play baseball this spring. I guess my contribution to "Motivation Monday" would be that by watching the courage of a 10 yr old boy I have learned what's really important in life. For me, it's my family. My weight has slowly crept up over the past years and had reached a really unhealthy level for me (215). I've decided if my precious child can fight this beast called cancer with such a positive attitude, I can do everything possible to make sure I'm as healthy as I can be.

I hope I haven't rambled on too long! I wish everyone a good week......I'm so thankful I've found this board and all the positive support it gives.
Closed Thread