Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #1  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Default Do you have friends who want to lose weight too?

I have some friends who are really serious about losing weight and some friends who are not serious about it but do need to lose weight. For my friends who are serious about it I created a facebook friend group to share weight loss. It is a private group where we have our own Wall to share with eachother. We have been keeping a food diary on the Wall. I am really happy because this way we limit our weight loss discussion to this group so noone is obsessing about food and caloires. It is a great way to support eachother and I got the idea from using this site!
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #2  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

That is a great idea. Good for you. We can all use all the support we can get through this journey, so I say use every available resource.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:08 AM   #3  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I think that's an excellent idea!

I don't do the whole Facebook thing because I'm a Luddite who doesn't even own a cell phone or a Twitter account, but you've come up with a fantastic way to make use of it.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

That is a great idea! Unfortunately, most the people I know like to talk about losing weight while they are eating! LOL
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerly1 View Post
That is a great idea! Unfortunately, most the people I know like to talk about losing weight while they are eating! LOL
Hahaha! That's so true. My friends and I do that too...it's a shame talking about jogging during dinner doesn't count as jogging.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerly1 View Post
hahahaha!! very true, I have a group of friends that seemed to be determined to join me but then stopped saying they loved food too much. Now (2 yrs later) they are talking about starting a crash diet together.
It's hard cause I really want to see them succeed. I'm hoping they just do something. That's a great idea though.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I have some friends that started with me, but they seem to have petered out.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/200/140

Height: 5'4''

i have a friend and my sister that are really into losing weight and talk about it all the time and work out excessively and go on diets, but they're at perfectly normal BMIs and in perfect shape -__- then there's me, the only who actually NEEDS to lose the weight! lol
partiovascular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/199/170

Height: 5'10"

I don't really like talking with people I know about weight loss, because it seems to become the only thing we talk about once we get started. I prefer to spend my time with friends talking about fun things, and I certainly don't want to hear about how many calories are in some treat I've decided to give myself, because it ruins the treat. I talk about health stuff on the internet, and other stuff with friends.
anna ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #10  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

It's great your friends can support each other like that.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #11  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Truly a nice idea. Most of my friends don't really need to worry about their weight. Just vanity pounds. My best friend though, is horribly obese... 5'0 and well over 300 if not going on 400 lbs I'd have to say. I've known her for almost 10 years now, since grade school. She's always going to "start trying to lose weight" but never does. I get frustrated when she tells me she's going to, and then we meet up for lunch and she's getting fried, carby chinese food + soda. She also will "go to the gym" - maybe once every few months at our school's. I never know what to do. You really can't do much for someone until they WANT to change. Just hope to set a good example. I do try to get her to exercise with me, but at this point, I felt guilty outpacing her when we were just trying to walk across campus.

Last edited by JollyGreenSteen19; 04-10-2011 at 10:59 PM.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/204.6/140

Height: 5'2"

I also have a friend who started with me and she's gained weight instead of losing. She has started eating healthier food but hasn't stopped eating junk food at all. She's always asking me to keep on her about it but quite honestly my effort is going into staying on plan myself. All i can do is is tell her she has really want to do it for herself and hope she does.
pattypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Really a nice idea... I don't have any friends who are working on it like I am.. the only people that are comparable to what I do are people here. I know a lot of people who ork on it when it is convenient- but none that work on it day n and day out.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 315/212/185

Height: 5'5

That is a great idea, I love talking about my journey with people who are going through it as well, hence me being apart of 3fc. I found that I had to make a new friend to get a weight-loss buddy. Most of my friends are on the thin to thick side and the weight-loss thing isn't everyday just periodically. Me and my buddy are great because we are good and bad together but we stay accountable and in general head down the scale. Everyone has there days or weeks.
doinit200 is offline   Reply With Quote