Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 09:16 AM   #1  

Default LA Weightloss #67

Good Morning Everyone!!

Just thought I would start Monday monring off with a new thread.

Well I had a wonderful weekend....the shopping was great. I got some good deals and I splurged on a few items also.

On Friday I went to Hechts and I don't know if I have mentioned this before but I am addicted to shoes. I love new shoes. I have sooooo many pairs but I just love shoes. Buying new shoes is how I used to reward myself when I was losing the weight. I would buy new pair of shoes for every 5lbs I lost. So on Friday I went to Hechts with my 20% off coupon and I bought 3 new pair of shoes...it was soooo funny the guy that helped me was like "weren't you here last friday buying shoes"...*smile* Then on Friday night I went to Ann Taylor and I bought new dresses for work...this was my splurge...I had a coupon...if you spend $100 you get $30 off...needless to say I spent more than $100...and I enjoyed every minute of it. I felt sooooo good. I was amazed. 5yrs ago I was in a size 26/28 and on this friday I was buying a size 6 and 8's depending on how they were made.

On Saturday before the party at my girlfriends house I went to Kohls. I don't know if everyone has a Kohl's in there area but ours was having a huge 50% off sale and I got alot of stuff. I even bought a bathing suit. And I bought stuff for work and for the weekends...of course I had to buy a new outfit since I was going out to a bar that evening with my girlfriends. We had soooo much fun on Saturday night. At 3am I was still ready to dance. But I had a downfall Saturday night....I had pizza and birthday cake at 3am...I know how bad of me. But I was having sooooo much fun that I didn't want to think about diet. I wanted to be like everyone else and eat and be happy. So that is what I did.

Well first thing I did Sunday morning was to get up and try on my new clothes to make sure that they still fit. I know that sounds mental but sometimes I think I am. I wanted to make sure that the size 6 pants I bought still fit after the pizza and b-day cake. Of course they did...but I had to do it. But I ended up going to the gym for about 2hrs and then I came home and cleaned and did all the laundry and I even did the bed linens and hung them outside to dry...it was very refreshing slipping into those air dried sheets last night.

Well tonight is weigh in and TOM should start tomorrow soooo I really don't know what the scale is going to say. But today is the start of a new week and I was back OP as of yesterday morning sooooo I will just grin and bear it.

Sorry to ramble on but it is going to be a wonderfully warm day here in the Washington area....so I am in a good mood. Everyone have a great day and I will check back in later.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:07 AM   #2  

Default Good Morning Ladies

I hope all had a wonderful weekend. I see Tab had a great weekend!! I had a bad eating weekend also, but I'm not going to let it get me down, I've decided this way of eating is a lifestyle for me so you have more good than bad days, but you do have bd ones.

I can't wait until I'm down a few more sizes, I will never be a size 6/8, more likely a size 12 for me, with my height (6' feet tall), I don't think that size would look to healthy on me. I started out wearing a size 24, now I'm a size 18 or 1X and heading downward. I start with the personal trainer this week and I'm excited about that.

Tab-I can't wait to be able to shop in a regular size store after shopping in plus size stores for most of my life, that has got to be refreshing!! Don't get me wrong, I have always dressed very well for my size, I never let that interfer with how I look but there are things that I've wanted to wear and couldn't. So I'm looking forward to that!

I love shoes as well, I have so many in my closet and since my hubbie is letting me hire a personal trainer, I'm not pushing for anything until I get the weight off. One thing about my husband, as soon as he doesn't like how my clothes look, he'll tell me to go shopping so, I'll wait. I do have some clothes that will get me through the next couple of months and then I'll have to do something.

It's a beautiful day today, the weather is wonderful and I'm excited about spring and summer time!

You ladies, have a great day!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 12:28 PM   #3  

Hi,

I've have been wayyyyyyyyyy off plan! I haven't been doing well at all. I gained 2# this weekend, but today is a new day right?

Well my new SlimSeries tapes came in the mail today so that will keep me busy and focused for a few weeks.

Kim- Wow, your tall!

Tab- Congrats on still fitting into that size 6!

Diane- How's it going today?

Kathy
192/179/130
Old 04-28-2003, 01:43 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies:
Tab I went to Kohl's also, did you have the 15% off coupon. They had some cute skorts at our Kohl's. I did not like there shoes though.
Kimbo you've come along way, we all have good and bad times with food.
Kathy I am doing fine today, How are you? And I expect to here how you like your new tapes.
Diane
Old 04-28-2003, 02:20 PM   #5  

Good afternoon ladies....it is nice to see everyone posting. It is just a beautiful day here. I just got back from doing a kickboxing class at lunch and I was hoping to feel refreshed but actually I am feeling a little drained. Eating some strawberries hopefully that will give me a boast.

Kim...personal trainer...I wish I could hire one again. I talked with my old trainer and we are going to try to work out something. How many times do you get to workout with him a week? How much does that breakdown into a session. I am asking because my trainer said that we could work out something where we could do a deal on the side not invole the gym and I would pay him. I want to know what a fair rate would be. I would pay a million if he could guarantee me results...*smile*. Wow...6' feet tall....I am only 5' 3 so can you imagine how I was when I was heavy. I have no legs...*smile* Believe me I never thought I would be in a size smaller than 10...sooo this is a major accomplishment in my life. I need to get some pictures taken so I can remember this size. It is soooo weird to look at my wedding pictures. I was 40lbs heavier just 6 months ago...my face looks totally different. You are doing great...you too have come a long way....do you still have those size 24. I still have a few pieces of clothing in a size 26/28...they were my favorite jeans and sweats. Actually the jeans were getting tight when I started to lose weight. It is just a wake up call everytime I pull them out.

Kitkat....I don't want to think about what I gained this weekend...I bet I top your 2lbs....that pizza and b-day cake was sooooo good...I found my self going back for seconds and thirds and it was 2:30am....and then I went straight to be....how horrible is that. You are right today is a new day and we lived a little this weekend so it is time to shape up. I have been OP for 2 days.....We will make it. Do you still weigh yourself 3x a week? And you got your tapes soooo you will start moving and losing...I sound like Richard Simmons...*smile*

Diane....15% off coupon...wow...I missed that. Wish I would have known about that coupon. I didn't care for the shoes either. Nothing really caught my eye. I bought one of their tankini swimsuits that was only $19.99 and I bought 2 pair of shorts, 2 skirts, 2 capri pants and a bunch of shirts....both for work and play.....I just went crazy....I am the type of person if I buy a pair of shorts I have to have a shirt to match...even though I know in my closet I have 10 that will match..I like to buy complete outfits....so many times I have bought clothes that I just can't find the right color to match...so now I just buy an outfit. Gets kinda expensive so I don't do too often...I just went nuts these last few weekends.

Well I hope everyone has a good evening and you get to get out and enjoy the sunshine...just had a friend call and want to know if I want to walk and get a yougart.....I had to pass. Even if I walk I willwant the yougart....just can't do it....man I hate dieting sometimes...

Enjoy the day!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 04:09 PM   #6  

Good afternoon ladies!!

What a wonderful day today is, I went for a walk this afternoon and the weather is great!

Tab-I have a level 3 trainer. There are 4 levels with 3 being one of the most expensive but I believe it's going to be worth it. I've seen this guy work and he's great! The more weeks you get the lesser it cost by the hour. I'm signing up for 16 weeks and it's costing me/us $61 per session. I believe this is a good rate inspite of it sounding kinda high. In my single years, I had a personal trainer and he charged me $800 a month and this will cost me about $1,100 for 4 months so I think I'm getting the better deal. It's hard to pay so much when you have other obligations but I do what I want and I don't look at the cost so now it's time to do something for myself. I have a lot of clothes still in my closet, some I will have taken up just because I love the outfit and others I will give away, but I will always keep a reminder hanging around.

Sunday, after church, my family (brother, sister, in-laws and nieces) and I went to dinner. They were asking me how much weight or what size I wanted to get to and I said a size 12 and boy you would have thought I said a size 1! I come from a long line of big women and men and they have a difficult time seeing you any other way. It amazes me how I can't tell my family anything about my weight loss goals without them telling me I'm obsessed. Well, yes I am obsessed, but I don't think it's in a bad way. I want more than a good health report from my doctor, which I'm always happy to here, but I also want to know I'm a healthy size as well, is that unrealistic Anyway, from now on, I will not mention anything about my weight loss to them, my husband supports me 100% and I'm greatful for that.

Hi Kitkat-Well, it looks like we all blow-it this weekend but thank God for new beginnings. That's what today is for all of us.
Yes, I am tall and I love it! I haven't always liked been tall but I thank God I've changed over the years. I can remember as far back as pre-k, always being the tallest and the last one in line because of it, I use to hate that. Then as I continued to grow taller it helped with the weight. By the time I was in high school, I met 2 other girls that were taller than me and that helped me appreciate my height even more. I wouldn't trade it for nothing at this point.

Hi Diane-Thanks for the encouragement, I try real hard not to eat out a lot, that seams to be my weak point unless I'm with my hubbie. He helps me to stay grounded where others will say, "Oh it won't hurt if you eat a little", but it really will, it takes you right off schedule.

Well I've said enough. I will try to check in but there is a great possibility that I won't right again until Thursday. I'm going to an off-site class for the next couple of days. So healthy eating to all and I look forward to reading how everyone has had a very healthy Tues & Wed while I was gone!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:49 AM   #7  

Happy Tuesday....

Good morning everyone....Well weighin last night was pretty horrible....this is the heavist I have been in about the last 3 weeks....TOM should start today...fingers are crossed that I had excess water...but to be truthful it was the pizza and the b-day cake....Oh well...today is a new day same as yesterday...I am just fustrated at my self that I can not keep the bad food out of my mouth.

Well I write more later....just getting more fustrated as I sit here and write what I done wrong...thought I could handle it...but now I am having problems...

Have a great day...will check back in later
Old 04-29-2003, 01:46 PM   #8  

Hi Tab:
How are you doing? You know what you 've done wrong, don't beat yourself up over it. You've done so well, don't get yourself down over pizza and birthday cake. Food is never going to go away, we all are just going to have to handle it better and not let it have so much control over our feelings.

Diane
Old 04-29-2003, 01:56 PM   #9  

Diane...That is soooo true....but geez this is a horrible feeling. You mess up one time OK...maybe of couple of times and we/I gain 5lbs....I don't understand....I am coming to realize that I do need to get a better handle on food.....because I do let it control me and my feelings. Thanks for the kind words.....I am just soooo close and I keep sabatoging myself. I want these last 5lbs gone and I just keep eating. Sometimes I wonder if I am scared of reaching goal...because that means I have to maintain...I don't know...I have so many weird feelings today...I can tell I am PMS'ing.....whooo hope tomorrow is a better day.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:41 PM   #10  

Hi all,

Tab- You know your probably caring water from your weekend goodies and water from TTOTM, so don't worry about it. You'll loose all that weight soon! It's all water!

Diane- I'm glad to see your doing better!

Kim-Have you gotten back OP after your weekend?

Kathy
Old 04-30-2003, 09:27 AM   #11  

Hi all,

I'm just writing a quick note to let you all know I had another great day yesterday eating wise and i'm just loving my new SlimSeries!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Kathy
Old 04-30-2003, 03:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Hi Gang,

I've been in Italy for two weeks and had a GREAT time. I managed to only gain only 1.4lbs (not bad at all). I did the two day when I returned and lost 2lbs soooooooooooooo I'm back on track. Anyone in the DC area doing the Race for the Cure. I signed up yesterday and will use it as motiviation to run (not really my thing..........but it burns lots of calories). I prefer to spin.

Well, I have lots of reading to do................need to catch-up on how everyone's doin!

Have a GREAT evening.............I'll check-in tomorrow!
Old 05-01-2003, 09:55 AM   #13  

Hi. I'm new to LA Weight Loss and this forum. Hopefully, you can give me some advice. I just finished my first 3 days. The carnage fest was not fun. They have me doing Ultra Express Gold through Sat. which is a little better. However, I have a headache that I'm sure will pass. On Sat., I know that they will give me a new eating plan and try to sell me cases of bars/food products and diet supplements. Which are the best bars/food products? worst? They gave me a box of the caramel bars and they are pretty tasty. Is it worth buying them in bulk? Do you recommend the diet supplements or can you find them cheaper elsewhere? How much/what types of exercise are recommended? What are the slim series tapes that I've seen mentioned? Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by lvegeais; 05-01-2003 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:45 AM   #14  

Default Good morning ladies!

I've been reading everyone's post this morning. We are all so hard on ourselves, we need to give ourselves a break.

Tab-I think we feel lossing is the hard part but I believe maintaining is harder. After the struggles of lossing we feel a since of freedom but we're also paranoid about gaining a pound back. You've done a great job and has really come a long ways. Try not to beat-up on yourself to much it will eventually come off. I wanted to lose 8 lbs by my birthday but it doesn't look like that's going to happen, I can be depressed about it or move on. I didn't make it because of some of my own choices and I'm paying the consequences for those choices. You had a great time and we know that with somethings comes consequences so try not to keep your focus there but move on and start planning your next attack! I had my consultation with the PT this morning and it was great. I didn't even have a full workout but I am feeling it. We only worked out for about 40 or less minutes and I was still sweeting after getting in the office. I really feel like this is going to be worth the money. I only have 24 sessions which will take me til the end of July but I believe I can do some damage by then. I really felt like a wimp this morning. I was so uncordinate and could bearly get through the workouts. He's a great PT and I believe I can learn a lot from him. I have to write down everything I put in my month and the time until are next session which will be 5/13 so that will keep me on my toes. Tab, you stay encourage, you're are hero on this board!

Kitkat-Glad to see you OP. I'm back into the swing of things, it's been hard but I'm back. My workout was so good this morning, I feel like I've lost 5lbs already. Wouldn't that be great! Good to know the tapes are working out well for you, keep us posted.

Diane-How are you doing? Great advise you gave Tab. It's not so easy when your life has revolved around food no matter what the ocassion. But we can do it!!

SnapyGing-That sounds like a plan, running the Race for the Cure but I don't run that much. As a matter of fact, I'm a beginner. When is the race?

Anyway, I guess I'm trying to make up for not writing the last couple of days. Until next time, have a wonderful day!!
Old 05-01-2003, 10:58 AM   #15  

Hi Lisa:
Welcome! I have bought the bars in bulk before, it is alot cheaper than buying them by the week. The vitamins you can get anywhere, you don't have to use theirs if you do not want to, I do just because they are right there. The bars I think some of us use the ones from LA and others buy them else where.
Kathy can tell you more about the Slim Series but you can do what ever exercise that you like to do.
TAB BE CAREFUL that is what happened to me I was 5 pounds within my goal and I think I got scared also, I would gain and lose until I added twenty back on, its not been fun. Its very hard losing again what I already have lost. Be proud of yourself and don't forget where you came from. Take out an old picture and remind yourself of how you felt before you lost all that weight. How good you feel now buying all those smaller clothes.
Kimbo how are you doing? How did you like the personal trainer?
Kathy are you doing your three day?
Diane
Closed Thread