Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #1  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Blah. Overwhelmed.

*****WARNING***** VENT AHEAD******

I have been focusing so much on losing weight and with some progross (8 pounds in four weeks) I feel successful. I still have 19 days until my wedding dress fitting. So I know I still have time to lose 2 more pounds. But the last two days have been horrible and I just want to sit down. and eat ice cream. Preferrably ben and jerry karmal sutra. YUM.

To start it off I left work early yesterday to go meet with my college advisor. I have 1 extern left before I can get my certificate. I went in to the appointment with my head held high and came out like a sad puppy. I have a great job and it has nothing to do with my certificate. I never have planned on quitting my job to go forward with medical assisting (the certificate). Well anyway.. My advisor told me I should quit school and just continue to work. She said since I make more money where I am than I would being a medical assitant I should just stop school and work. This really hurts my feeligns. Aren't they suppose to like encourage me?!

Part dos. My fiance and I live in a TINY one bedroom. He owns it and we are doing fine money wise. He got the first time home buyer tax credit and so we couldn't move if we wanted to until next september because we would have to pay back the money we recieved. We also have a 1 yr old son and 2 dogs. Well we have been talking about adding on which would make me really happy. We drew up some plans and what nots and I was going to call the bank today and see how we can get the progress started. Well he text me and was like " I think we should just wait and move" Our son will be almost 3 by the time we can move. I don't want him still sleeping in our room in a toddle bed! Maybe I am just being crazy. We also talked about trynig to have another one this time next year. We couldn't do that either because well we have 1 bed room!!! Then he said "well you can decide babe just make the decsion" and that Makes me even more mad because it isn't just my decsion to make!! Ugh Sorry I just wanted to vent.
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Wow, what a weird thing for an advisor to say. Stuff has a way of piling up, doesn't it? Hang in there!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm sorry you are dealing with all that stress.

Breathe- take it a day at a time- and try to deal with 1 thing at a time. If finishing the program is what you want to do- then do it! Don't let some advisor bring you down, and really how much would quitting now save you from tuition costs? Probably not much if there is only 1 test left.

As for the home issues talk to hubby, tell him you don't want it to just be YOUR decision and once again weigh out pros and cons of staying vs. moving. What was wrong with the add-on plan? Does he just not want to deal with it?

Also I see nothing wrong with making an area for your son in the living room to sleep as he gets older. I agree to wait to have another if you aren't planning on adding on to the house and are moving instead.

Just to let you know I didn't have my own room until I was 14 years old and I turned out just fine I in fact shared a room with my parents until I was 4 or 5 years old because we were very poor growing up.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I agree that room sharing or a living room bed is not a big issue, I promise. We have the space for our kids to have their own rooms and we still bunk them together and cosleep with the littler ones

I'm sorry the stress is piling on, but your weightloss looks wonderful! Kill that dress fitting!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote