South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 06:01 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Daily Chat, Friday 4-8

Good Morning

TGIF! It's still a very dark morning in Colorado but the stars are burning brightly. It looks like we're in for a beautiful day.

I'm up early. Mom has a Dr. appt in Denver at 10 so I need to have all my affairs in order quite early. I have 3 or 4 batches of jelly to finish before I can put all that stuff away for awhile and the house is full of niggles.

Coffee is hot and I always make up a great cup of tea on demand. Sit and chat for a moment before heading out.

Happy Friday!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, Lexiss, you're up early!!

Today's a busy day here as well. Off to a school meeting, then a run, then clean the house for visitors tomorrow. (then work, then the kids' spring musical!) Doesn't leave a lot of time for cleaning, oh darn!!

I'm getting addicted to quinoa, what can I make with it today?!!?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:25 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I did some baking today to use up things around the kitchen and I've eaten about four days' worth of peanut butter cookies. They're covered and away now.

Debbie, good luck at your mom's appointment and I hope the rest of the jelly turns out well!

Tammy, you're on the run today! I hope everything goes well!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Peanut butter cookies? Oh, that's cruel!!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the coffee, Debbie. Mmmmmmmm. How are you this morning? Did you make several different types of jams & jellies, or just one type? I always tend to think of late summer for making that sort of thing, so I'm curious.

I woke up to a rainy morning, but it wasn't supposed to rain until this afternoon. Oh, well. I think I'll use the morning hours to give the house a good cleaning, it's been sadly neglected these past 2 weeks. Maybe I'll treat myself to a ride out to my favorite plant nursery afterwards as a reward. This weekend, I will get the cold weather plants in my garden!

What's happening today for everyone?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Our stars are fading now as the east is brightening. It looks like a lovely day here too.

Debbie, I may have missed something but are you making your jam with frozen fruit? And how does it work out?

Another "overdrive" day ahead. I start off with dropping off quilts and papers in the next villages, go to the gym to renew my membership and do a session and then MUST get to town for odds and ends of hardware stuff to fix some niggles. Life would be a lot easier if I had a "gopher" with a driver's licence! (I think that's called a spouse.)

I'm hoping for a batch of ME time later this afternoon so I can take a stab at some garden stuff. I picked a tiny bouquet of crocus and snowdrops yesterday to officially start the season.

Definitely a TGIF although I do have to go to Ottawa for a meeting tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:36 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The sun is up here but it's still nippy out there. It's going to be another lovely spring day though and I'm planning another walk. Yesterday didn't go as planned but I was able to get out for a walk in the evening. I love longer days

Debbie - Thanks for the coffee. Hope all goes as planned. It certainly sounds busy

Twynn - I love tabbouleh with quinoa. I still haven't tried the breakfast recipe, now I'm thinking about making a batch The rice cooker function on my crock pot/slow cooker is great for tabbouleh though not for brown rice.

Kara PB cookies sound dangerous

Cottage - A trip to the nursery sounds just perfect. I hope your sunshine returns for your day off!

As usual my planned work week has gone all off the rails. I think I'm WFH today though I'll know more after our 8 am call. I'm good either way though I was looking forward to being out in the spring weather. Home is good too. I'll get laundry done so it's not waiting for the weekend.

Speaking of the weekend we are off to Plum Island tomorrow bright and early. Bet I'll be writing that a lot the next few weeks Looks like perfect weather and the birds are starting to move. I'm looking forward to a long day of walking the refuge and enjoying the sun.

Hope your Friday is a breeze!

ETA - Ruth - ME time is a must! Talk to that scheduler and make sure she squeezes some it. Happy gardening

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-08-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #8  

Kara ~ good thing you packed those PB cookies away before you ate the entire batch! They'd be very dangerous for me to have around, too. Actually, just about anything made with peanutbutter is a lure for me. I must confess, though, that last night I caved to call of a Zitner's Peanut Butter Egg, and it wasn't nearly as good as it used to be. Maybe I'm finally losing my taste for them.

Twynn ~ I really like quinoa, too, and am interesting in discovering new ways to cook it. Happy housecleaning! I'll be doing the same thing here this morning.

Ruth ~ want I should pack up Jake and send him up there for you? You're welcome to him!

Cyndi ~ it must be nice to work from home so you can get some house things done at the same time. The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend, so I hope you have a nice trip to the Island.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I sat and had coffee with Kirk and now my friends are all showing up!

We make raspberry jam and chokecherry jelly. We freeze the raspberries from mom's summer patch-she picks for about 3 weeks in late summer. She's meticulous and freezes them individually on sheet pans before transferring them to quart boxes. They work beautifully. Since the juice for jelly is a process, we just pitch the the chokecherries in the freezer as soon as we pick and then I pull them out and make juice in batches, then store it again in gallon jugs. This is mom's favorite and she's the only one that eats it all.

Twynn, my greatest gift would be a housekeeper. My bro has had a daily gal for years...she does all the laundry, too.

Kara, good that the cookies are put away, for now!

Linda, the nursery sounds wonderful! A wee bit too early here for putting anything in the ground.

Ruth, a gopher! What a concept! Make sure you get that me time in.

Cyndi, yay for Plum Island!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Good morning!

I'm feeling overwhelmed with paper work lately, and I had to skip the treadmill this morning to finish some that I just couldn't get done last night. I'm too busy to chat now, gotta head to school - but I wanted to see what the rest of you are up to. Sounds like all are busy as usual.

Enjoy your Thursday, friends!
Old 04-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Wow, morning guys! You sure are a chatty lot this morning. Yesterday I finally took my son to the dr. He had developed an odd rash - he sort of looked like he had a sunburn all over (his coloring is olive, so this was strange). Turns out he has scarlet fever!! Apparently this is not that serious these days. We got an antibiotic and if there was school tomorrow, he could go (he's so pleased tomorrow is Saturday, though). He seems to be on the mend. I have to drag him to a dr. appt. of my own this morning, and I think I'll have my dr. do a strep test on me just to be sure. I don't want to come down with this next week.

Although I usually weigh on Fridays, I am not weighing today. It's TOM and I just don't need the anxiety/depression that will come along with weighing myself knowing I am retaining a lot of water. I've been pretty on plan this week anyway, and I've been drinking ALL my water.

Today I'll try to finish up my housework; then tonight my husband and I are going to a benefit for my son's school. We'll really have something to celebrate since Cathie Black, the school chancellor who was appointed by Michael Bloomberg with absolutely NO experience in education AT ALL, and whose children didn't even attend public school, stepped down yesterday in a storm of shame. I rarely get political here, but I doubt there is one parent in NYC who would have defended her appointment.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll be on plan during the day, probably off plan tonight at the benefit, but we'll see what they are serving.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Oh, Tammy, they were the Phase 1 recipe. Still, too many nuts equals too many calories.

Linda, I have to bribe myself to do chores sometimes, too! Usually my "reward" is checking in here. LOL

Ruth, I bet your tiny bouquet looks nice in a vase! I love having flowers in the house but rarely do it.

Cyndi, enjoy your trip! Did you ever decide to go to Cape May?

Heidi, hope you can get a walk in later!

Matilda, I'm glad your son got the right medicine and is on the mend! I just heard of another friend whose child had scarlet fever. Must be making a run of the NY/NJ area!
Old 04-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #13  

Matilda ~ I'm sure glad to hear your son is on the mend. Scarlet fever is no where near as serious as it was years ago, but I'm glad the doctor knows and can keep tabs on him. I think it's a good idea for you to hold off weighing in today, although I know you must be losing weight with all that water you're drinking and staying OP. I think of you each time I reach for a glass of water, BTW.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
Enjoy your Thursday, friends!
Good news Heidi! (unless you have a ton of work to get done by the end of the week)
Old 04-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Friday - yay!

Debbie - My house is full of niggles too - love thinking of it that way. I'm ignoring mine. Never had chokecherries.

Twynn - Hubby loves these burgers. We saute in a bit of olive oil spray instead of frying.

Kara - Oh yum. Can't remember the last time I had those. Actually, PB itself even since I was rather overindulging last fall in that yummy spread.

Linda - I actually felt a cleaning urge yesterday. I waited it out and it passed Did toss old stuff from the fridge though.

Ruth - Or a teenager! Of course mine grumbles or expects to be paid.

Cyndi - I love longer days too! As we were laying in bed this morning my husband said he wondered what all the birds were saying. They were chatty outside today.

Heidi - Hope you have a great day!

Matilda - Yikes!

I'm off for another workout with my mom this morning. We'll keep up with this twice a week plan until she leaves the country later this month. Then I will drag out that P90X I got for Christmas and put away because of my hernia. I have been asking DH to get my bike ready to go but he hasn't and today would be a great day to start the season. Oh well. Off to Whole Foods later to see if there are any great finds to pack for snacking on my upcoming trip.
Closed Thread