Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

Default Why I'm plotting to kill my co-worker!!

THERE IS WEDDING CAKE IN THE KITCHEN THAT SHE BROUGHT FROM HER WEDDING ON SUNDAY!!!

IT'S WEDDING CAKE!! --IT'S IN THE KITCHEN!!--

And I quote, " I know you're on a diet, but I brought wedding cake. C'mon you can reward yourself every now and then.."

Last edited by PrimeTime; 04-07-2011 at 02:17 PM.
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #2  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

You can't even have a small piece? If I totally cut myself off from junk I go crazy and eventually binge. I find small rewards of really good junk (good dark chocolate) keep me from feeling deprived.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #3  

I already rewarded myself this weekend for hitting my 15lb mark. I don't think I really deserve to have that cake. Or at least I don't think so. I'm thinking about it. I'm just not sure. Everyone here know's i'm on a diet and now I don't want to look weak for eating the cake because I already said no. lol. I'm working on my second 15lbs and I just don't want to screw it up.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

There are about 1,000 things I would rather have than wedding cake! There are around 400 calorie in one piece. For 400 calories or less you could have:
- A lean cuisine pizza
- 4 1/2 WW raspberry chocolate ice cream bars
- 4 slices of Angel Food cake
- 3 sushi rolls

If it is worth it to you though, count it and move on!
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shytowngal View Post
There are about 1,000 things I would rather have than wedding cake! There are around 400 calorie in one piece. For 400 calories or less you could have:
- A lean cuisine pizza
- 4 1/2 WW raspberry chocolate ice cream bars
- 4 slices of Angel Food cake
- 3 sushi rolls

If it is worth it to you though, count it and move on!
Oh no, I wouldn't dare have and entire slice. I would only have a spoon! HA! lol never a whole slice a cake! I wish! Usually, foods trigger binges and I'm a heavy binger. I haven't done it in a week so, I'm doing good. But hey, I know what cake taste like...so what do I need it for?
Old 04-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #6  
SiLly MuCh?

S/C/G: 200/193/130

Height: 5'5''

I feel your pain!! I just posted almost the exact same thing earlier. Cake at work! I resisted and the feeling of pride in myself totally outweighs the enjoyment I would have gotten from the cake. I'm just about to go get my afternoon snack out of the refrigerator and I am working up the courage to walk by the cake again.
Good Luck :-)
Dilli Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #7  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

You know, I've found most wedding cake to be rather dry and sub-par tasting. It wouldn't be worth it to me. If I were going to go off plan, I'd make brownies and actually enjoy the "cheat".

Last edited by AZ Sunrises; 04-07-2011 at 02:47 PM.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I would say just eat a tiny slice because letting it stress you out and feeling deprieved could cause you to binge later but you said tasting it could make you binge so avoid it like the plague!
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #9  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Why isn't she on her honeymoon??? And today is Thursday. Cake older than a day old is just gross! LOL

I agree with Shytown --- there are so many other great things to eat in place of that stale, dried up, cake!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #10  
No description available.

Just think of all of the kids and older people who were looking at the cake at the wedding and coughing on it and breathing on it. And you know some 4 year old with allergies wiped his nose and then stuck his finger in the frosting.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #11  

Don't have the wedding cake. It's not worth it. Forget about it. Remember that after you eat it you will regret it right away. You don't want that feeling. Go have some nuts or cheese, or a couple of hard boiled eggs (low carb). You will wake up so proud of yourself tomorrow a.m.
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #12  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
Oh no, I wouldn't dare have and entire slice. I would only have a spoon! HA! lol never a whole slice a cake! I wish! Usually, foods trigger binges and I'm a heavy binger. I haven't done it in a week so, I'm doing good. But hey, I know what cake taste like...so what do I need it for?
I think you've got the answer right there . . . . you're doing good all week not binging, you know its a trigger food and I'm guessing one spoonfull isn't going to be the end of it.
Not to sound harsh, sorry if it does, but if you know you are triggered by it to set off a binge . . . don't go there.
And youre right . . . you already know what cake tastes like, and 4 day old cake, not so yummy
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Just think of all of the kids and older people who were looking at the cake at the wedding and coughing on it and breathing on it. And you know some 4 year old with allergies wiped his nose and then stuck his finger in the frosting.
I literally laughed outloud.....hahahahahahahhah i'm defintely not touching that cake!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
Why isn't she on her honeymoon??? And today is Thursday. Cake older than a day old is just gross! LOL

I agree with Shytown --- there are so many other great things to eat in place of that stale, dried up, cake!
We both just graduated from college and we are both broke. Neither her or her husband can afford to go on a honeymoon right now.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Wedding cake is usually not that good, all the effort goes into the decorations.

Last edited by bargoo; 04-07-2011 at 07:02 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote