Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 12:32 AM   #1  

Angry Steel Magnolias -- #329

Just peeking in before I head off to bed . . . . .

Bubbles -- I go back to school Aug. 14th and the kids start on Aug. 20th which is really stupid because that is the hottest part of our summer usually. The way the calendar worked out, we will get 3 weekends and 2 full weeks at Christmas plus a full week for Easter. CONGRATULATIONS on the loss -- that is 1.6# that is gone forever! Which LS tape do you walk to in the morning? I find that I'm not so stiff after my shower and moving around a bit. Some mornings are better than others and I don't do anything different . . . must be the weather!

I am going to bed!
Old 05-07-2003, 11:25 AM   #2  
One Day At A Time

Hi Everyone!!

Sorry I haven't been here. Sure does get quiet sometimes. I wonder how Maggie is doing. Hope all is going well and she's getting settled in. And has anyone heard from Donna??

My son is taking some mechanics tests tomorrow. So DH and DS have been tying up the phone line every night studying and going over practice tests. DS has been very nervous about this. He dropped out of HS and didn't finish 10th grade. Later he did get his GED. He never did like tests. But he has a wonderful boss that helps him along and encourages him to be the best he can be.

It has been a rough week. Last week the news was that Dad has colon cancer. But he cannot have any surgery because his heart wouldn't be up to it. Well, the doctors have been lessening the story. It is a precancerous tumor far down enough in the colon that they don't have to do any invasive surgery, they'll just go inside like for the colonoscopy. According to dad there is nothing to worry about. But I will worry. At least I'm not as worried as I was earlier. He will have the procedure next Saturday. He had to be off of the blood thinners for a week. He takes those because of the heart problems.

I saw some losses when I was trying to catch up. to all!!!

I have done okay. Used to be I would head for the cookies when I would get such news. But I didn't. I made it thru April everyday OP. And I am aiming to do that in May too. I want to make Onederland by the last week in May. I had lost 8 weeks in a row so I was not surprised at the 0.2# gain last week. I usually show a gain every 5 or so weeks.

Well, maybe I can catch up with you all again.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:13 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood. There is NO wind and we are taking the boat out as soon as DH gets home. It will be the first time we've had this boat out and he wants to see how it will unload and load. He keeps wanting me to learn how to back the trailer in . . . I don't think so!

Joyce -- It's good to see you! It's been much too quiet around here. I'm sorry to hear about your dad and hope the surgery will take care of everything for him. If your parents are like mine were, they don't want you to worry so try not to show how worried they are. CONGRATULATIONS on staying OP . . . that is wonderful! I will keep my fingers crossed for your son -- some are just not good test takers; there is a strategy for taking multiple choice tests.

DH just pulled in the driveway so I need to get my clothes changed. Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 05-07-2003, 08:12 PM   #4  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It is starting to look like spring! Of course, it being May, it should! My tulips are up and everything is starting to really get green. Now if only the temperature would cooperate.

BUBS I haven't heard any long range forcasts for the Summer but DH is saying we will probably have a snow storm on the Fourth of July!!! Your trip to PEI sounds wonderful. I have never gone that far North.

JEAN Wow! It must be getting nice in your neck of the woods if you are getting the boat in the water. Now do you use the local lake or one further away from home? I thought I remembered you mentioning a cabin near another lake. The people across the street have a boat and keep it moored at a nearby marina and use it every evening and weekend all summer. We hardly seen them till it gets cold. Of course, they are youngsters and no kids so......why not!

JOYCE Hope your son does well on those tests. I know how hard some people find tests yet they know the subject well. I wish your father well with his colonoscopy. Hope they can get the tumors out! Doctors are able to do so much more now than a few years back. We will be praying for him.

I have been getting my Summer clothing in order and that is not easy. We swapped the Winter/Summer clothes in the attic and now it is just washing and ironing. Then we will select what we need to take on the trip. It is only a little more than a week, the 18th to be exact. Time flies!!!

Gloria in MA......think I will do some reading before bed!
Old 05-07-2003, 10:18 PM   #5  

DH went back to the office and there's nothing I want to watch on TV . . . thought I would check in here for a bit.

Gloria -- It's nice to see you again so soon! We put the boat in our small lake here in town but will take it to a larger lake later on. I took a jacket along and was glad I did as it was a might chilly! The larger lake is a big summer recreation area so we don't even take it out during the weekend prime time. Unfortunately alot of the people who are driving boats have never been around them, have no clue, and are drinking to boot. We both grew up around the water and boats so have a healthy respect for what can happen in a split second of stupidity. The jet skis are the major problem right now. The lake is big enough and connects to another large lake, that there is a two decker tourist boat that goes around the lake, parachuters, wind skiers, and sail boats, as well as the brave fishermen, -- lot of activity to watch. My MIL has a cabin, on a sandy beach, which her dad built right after WW II. She and her two sisters own it together and that's another whole saga in itself. We are the only ones in Iowa so have to put up with obnoxious relatives who come to visit.

I'm off to catch up on some email reading. Have a nice evening!
Old 05-08-2003, 10:25 PM   #6  

Thursday eve -- it is starting to storm as in huge rolls of thunder and bolts of lightning. I'm going to shut down for the night. Have a fantastic Friday!
Old 05-09-2003, 05:48 PM   #7  

Happy Mother's Day Weekend!
We had a half day today . . . important in-service to rehash the goals from the beginning of the year. The newest idea is to MAKE the habitual late assignment students stay after school or come in at 7:30 am; then if they don't show up they get an automatic Saturday School. That might work with some students but there are way too many who are involved in sports or work or are responsible for younger brothers and sisters. Our troops would most likely say, "I ain't gonna do it!" and not show up. Also found out that if we don't try to stop a fight and one of the students gets hurt, we can be sued. What's wrong with that picture? I'm not about to step in between two boys that are duking it out! Fortunately, that's never been a problem in our hallway because we don't have any lockers close by.

We are going to be gone tomorrow. It is my stepmom's birthday today and she is going to her daughter's who lives about an hour away from us. We are going to surprise her and show up; she will really be surprised because Jason, Amanda, and Ian are also going along. Ian is the entertainment for the afternoon! I'm not sure what is on tap for Sunday . . . I'd kind of like to stay home and relax but we'll see what offers I have.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Jean -- in Iowa and so it is Friday!
Old 05-11-2003, 12:19 AM   #8  

Just stopping in to say "good night!" Hope you all have a nice Mother's Day tomorrow. We are back in the monsoon and it has rained all day long. I'm wondering where the nice spring days are?!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 05-11-2003, 07:45 AM   #9  

Happy Mother's Day one and all

We're also in the monsoon season, and I feel as though I may get swimmers ear before it ends. Went to the river yesterday, and my friend has a huge tree uprooted as well as the tops out of several other big ones. Luckily, nothing hit the house! We have a band of thunderstorms heading this way, and if it lingers very long, the river will definitely be out of its banks.. This has been going on for more than a week........it did this a few years ago, and then we didn't have any rain all summer. Well, we just have to live with what we get.

I'm going to walk Jimmy before the rain starts again.

Have a Happy,
Bubs
Old 05-12-2003, 12:31 AM   #10  

Just peeking in before I head off to bed. Hope your day was a great one! We spent part of today with daughter, Beth. They got a kitten to keep "Bob" (the Great Dane) company only the kitten wants no part of Bob. They met at the vet's office and seemed to like each other but Bob is wearing one of those lamp shade things and looks even more intimidating. Hopefully they will figure out whose territory belongs to whom and respect each other.

Have a marvelous Monday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-12-2003, 06:44 PM   #11  

Well, another Monday is almost history. The sun has been out all day but it's been a chilly one. After all the rain we had, it almost feels clammy cold; even the students were dressed in sweatshirts and long pants today.

Not much newsy from my corner of the world. Hope all is well with all of you Flowers. Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 05-13-2003, 05:20 PM   #12  

Just checking to see if I am still alone in the flower patch. . . .yup, I am!

We had sunshine for most of the day but the clouds have taken over. I still have water seeping into my basement so I hope it doesn't rain any more.

I need to go and argue with the phone company and maybe switch to another carrier. I get tired of extra charges "just because" and based on the number of long distance calls per month so it is never the same. Thank you Federal Gov't.!

Have a wonderful Wednesday -- May is almost half over, can you believe it?

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-13-2003, 05:51 PM   #13  
Web Nana

Jean, you aren't alone any more!!! Finally got a chance to sit here for a while and 'talk to my friends.

We will be leaving on out trip on Sunday, very early. I love to travel on Sunday as it usually means less traffic and no construction on the roads. By leaving early we get by NYC before in gets busy there. Dover, De is our first stop then on to the Outerbanks of NC. We will be in Raleigh at DS's home for the Memorial Day Weekend and he is planning a BBG for Monday with some neighbors that we met last year. Should be fun. The next week we will be at Myrtle Beach, SC then back to Raleigh for the weekend, again. The following week we will start back North and this time will stop in Annapolis for 2 days. Should be back here by mid afternoon, Friday, June 6. Lot of driving but DH doesn't mind and we try not to drive more than 5-6 hours in a day.

Jean We, too, are having horrible weather this spring but at least, it isn't monsoon rain. More of the cloudy, cold and drizmal type of day. Hope when we hit the South we can warm up.

Bubs Hope your weather pattern changes before the river overflows the bank too much. That can be a tough thing to deal with.

Gloria in MA....still trying to weed out the clothes for the trip...I always take too much and probably will again. LOL Take care, all, and i will talk to you again next month.

Last edited by nanacas; 05-13-2003 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:05 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Arrow I'M BACK

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Hi to everyone! Our move was successful and we are now in the middle of unpacking. I was surprised I got on line so quick since we just got here yesterday. Gotta go but just had to peek in and say howdy. Catch you all later.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:59 PM   #15  

I was just going to check email before I shut down for the night and saw the post from SM! Of course I just had to see what it was about . . . . . . .

Gloria -- I hope you have a wonderful trip! If you get a chance, check in while you are gone. We will miss you! It has poured, and I do mean POURED, rain all evening long. I won't have a dry basement for weeks to come at this rate.

Maggie -- What a nice surprise to see you! Glad that you have arrived safely and now the fun of unpacking can begin! Does Turn like his new home? We missed you while you were gone!

I need to figure out what I am going to wear tomorrow. It has been so chilly that I dress in layers so I can peel off if it warms up in the afternoon. This has been the strangest weather!

Again, have a wonderful Wednesday, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Closed Thread