Old 03-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #253 Bale of Turtles Doing What We Should!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All I'm Keepin on some days not doing what I should!!!

Why is it we know what we should do but we don't do it!!! That's where the keepin on comes in, we have to keep at it!

Off work today going to the Y as sson as I take son to school. Then chores, clean the car, shopping stuff. It is my wedding anniversary (April 4- 19 years) so we are going away for the night Saturday, guess he is going to make up for the 7 day a week work schedule, and take a couple of days off.

Will try to be good! I haven't even weighed in this week, I like going Wed when our leader is there, we have a centre open Mon-Fri but I don't like the women that works there she always says weird things that are not supportive and I usually leave angry!!!! The week my back was sore I mentioned that and that I didn't exercise as much, she said "well at least you couldn't get off the couch and go to the fridge"! Just strange!

So TGIF and have a great weekend, walking and water is going to be my moto!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Friday to everyone! Went to my W/I and meeting last night, was up .2 - not as bad as I thought so will take it and get my butt in gear. Have my lunch packed along with my breakfast, will have something light for supper tonight as it is our house cleaning and chores around the house night... maybe just do some subway sandwiches, they have a couple that are pretty low points and would make my evening easier.

This has just been a rotten stressful week and I am happy to see it go, I think that next week is going to be about the same but will just chug threw it. My mom is coming down tomorrow and spending the week with us since my brother and his family are going away for spring break and she does not want to stay up there alone. Will just pray for the best, it is all I can do.

I have to run but good luck to everyone and have a great weekend!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #4  
Chick

Terri, it's too bad the WW person who weighed you in didn't keep quiet----honestly saying nothing about your bad back would have been a lot better than what she said. Yeah, the keepin' on is the tricky part. Congrats on your wedding anniversary! That's great news. Have a nice weekend.

Princess, I think with all you're going through that you had a : Walking the stairs must be burning off more calories than you suspected. Weigh to go. You know, I've had years where I wanted them to be crossed off, so I know what you mean about your last week. Here's : that your mom's visit turns out better than expected.
We're all pulling for you!

Today will be a busy day. My dh and I are going out and buying some sale items at two grocery stores. He loves Snapple and it's been full price for weeks now. We'll stock up. Also, my dd loves to make brownies for her son's playdates, etc. and their price has skyrocketed along with lots of food. I saw a store that has them on sale, so I'll pick up some for her too.

Tonight we're going to see The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie. It's an oldie, but a goodie. We've seen it before, but this production is right in town----easy to get to----so I hope we don't get snow. Still too cold to do any real gardening, but it's got to warm up soon.

Have a great weekend. I'm thinking of all of you. Chime in when you get a chance.
Judy
234.6/190.6/180's and thinner!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #5  
Chick

Hi Guys,
I'm having a pretty good weekend. WEather is finally warming up.

Here's to everyone. Chime in when you can.
Judy
234.6/190.6/180's and thinner
Old 04-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

So today was weigh in day. I have no clue how I gained almost 3# in a week. That is just crazy. So I am just a little upset. So not a good day but the weather is pretty here.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all... we are having rough weather here with bad storms blowing thru... warmer temps though so that is a positive.

Weekend was not so good with food, I really need to work on that and did not get much exercise in but we sure enjoyed being with the baby on Saturday! LOL - he is such a joy to be around.

Work should not be as stressful this week so that is a good thing, I am taking some time off to do a few things with my mom since she is in town and then I will take her back up north on Friday.

I hope that everyone has a good day!

Life: I have gained that and more... Very sorry for your gain, I know how it makes us feel to see those kinds of numbers and it is never fun.

Judy: Glad you had a good weekend!

Bandit: How are you doing?

Loopy: How are things with you?

Terri: Did you have a good weekend?

Nancy: Try any new recipes lately?

Cherry: What is new with you? Did you get moved?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Rainy day but warming up. Had my weigh in Thurs evening & turtled,
I was alittle disappointed since I thought I would be down abit.
Anyway, it is what it is.

Was busy over weekend, went to dance Fri with my gf and dinner was included which was chicken breast, so that was OK & danced lots, so got in some exercise as well. But hen Sat evening had a date & dinner beforehand then to the movies, but didn't have popcorn since I was too full from dinner.
So I think between eating more when out & not exercising that is why the scale has not gone down. So have to work on that.

Tonight, am definately going for my walk - have my stuff all packed & will go as soon as I get home. And tomorrow have already make plans to do hot yoga with my gf. So that is my goal this week - stay on track and get in
somer exercise.

Princess - that is such a tiny gain, they should not even mentioned it.
Am sure you will have a big loss next time.

Life - good luck this week.

Judy - sounds like you are staying on plan, so that is great.

All - lets have a great week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #9  

Yeah yesterday was one of those days. I feel better today. Even went to the gym. I ran into someone I knew from nursing school and had aa good conversation with her. So thanks everyone for the encouragement.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #10  

Hey All Busy here.

Good weekend tried not ot overdo it! Did a bit I'm sure, so moving on,,was at the gym for 6 am Monday, overate yesterday!!! why !!!! why do I keep doing this, always get around the 8-10 lb loss and then blow it!!!!! Not this time......
Went to see a coworker yesterday she has lost 60 lbs, started WW last July, she is OCD, about her eating, basically has nothing!!! I can't live like that. I wish I could for a while to lose, anyway we are going to go for some walks, and chat. Need to get back to the basics, tracking!!! fruits veggies, I am going to look back to my trackers from the first weeks.

Life I didn't even go to Weigh in last week. was afraid, will go t omy regular Wed night this week.
We are all having challenges we must stick to gether we can do this together!!!! Women can do anything we set our minds to so lets do it! We will not give up, or in !!!!

Today goals (thinking one day at a time might be good )

Water
Track
exercise ( short walk at lunch weather permitting, then Y tonight)
Check in Wed to report on above.

Have a great day gals
Terri
Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Okay-----we're hitting a tough patch. I like Terri's idea of a goal a day.
My eating has been pretty decent, but not my exercise. The scale hasn't budged and I hate throwing away another week. Tomorrow is WI and I'll be there to say hi to friends, listen to the leader, and get in my exercise.
Today: I think that could just make the difference!

Good luck and and : to us all.
Judy
234.6/190.6/180's and thinner
Old 04-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Terri has the right idea about focussing one day at a time & I think if we all
just get through the day eating right & some type of exercise, that is a real
good start. So easy to get sidetracked but hard to get back at it.

I had a great day yesterday, ate OP and got in a 2 mile walk. Was trying for 3 but got a pain in my groin so just did 2 - have no idea what happened there, but is OK now. Was suppose to do hot yoga tonight but my friend cancelled so planning on doing another walk/swim.

Life/Terri - nice job on getting to the gym, that is half the battle just getting there, so good for you!

Judy - hope you get motivated and get in your exercise. That really helps.

All - we know this is tough but being on track & exercising just makes us feel and look so much better. As always, I have no idea why we can't keep with it when we know this. I self sabotage myself all the time & I know there are temptations but the ultimate decision to give in is mine. So I have to
"just do it"

Good luck, everyone!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #13  

One day at a time works for me! It is about all I can handle right now... this week is going as I thought it would... high anxiety and very high stress, trying to remain calm and not over eat because that makes me feel way worse...

Today:
Stay within my points
Drink my water
Get in my fruits and veggies

I have to run... crazy day.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #14  

The one day at a time sounds good to me. I am so there right now. Well I have to get a physical tomorrow . Did I mention how much I hate going to the doctor. Always harassing me about my weight.

So I have realized that I have forgotten why I was trying to lose weight in the first place. I have became why to vain about the whole weight loss thing. I started because I didn't like where my BP was heading. I don't know my eating is okay so far. I work again from 3-11p so I am going to take a sandwhich and pack some fruit.

I am having a hard time meeting all of my points. If i actually sit out and plan my meals. I am not a big meat eater. And on good days most of my veggies are steamed.

On a good note. I have cut down my diet soda intake. I have gotten plenty of water today. No gym but I will definitely make it tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:19 AM   #15  

New Turtle Moto One Day at a Time!

Wed weigh in, I'm afraid! I will get on the scale at work it is pretty close to the WW scale, Whatever happens will have to move on.

Life- I'm with you starting to worry about my health, not getting any younger blood pressure heading up, + family history they are all on BP meds Sis included (she is 2 years older than me).

Judy, Bandit,Princess,Life- Back to the basics, one day at a time, water, exercise, OP eating, reporting in, we can do it!

Me for Tuesday- 15 min walk at lunch
Eating good! 2 eggs, salad with chicken, crackers, skinny cow cheese., yogurt fruit, spaghetti squash, meat sauce, whole wheat bun,
Bad- Didnot track, not enough water, will track today for Tues and today.

Okay on to Wed!!!
I added a mini goal to be under 190!
Terri

Last edited by terrod99; 04-06-2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: added