Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #1  
The True Ice Queen

S/C/G: 270/ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm STUCK!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! Okay, so I'm now at 250 lbs for the past week and a half. Ugh. I'm religiously devoted to my diet of staying between 1200-1300 cals. However, the weather's been bad and I haven't gone walking or running in the past 2 weeks. I know that is partly to do with it.

I need motivation to go running now that the weather is good again.

Any other reasons you can think of that I'm stuck at that weight? Do I need to decrease my calories?
30 Fat Still Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

If you can't get out and exercise then exercise videos are a great option. As for what you can do to break your plateau try giving yourself a "free day" and see if that helps you drop. It seems odd you would be plateauing so early in your journey eating that many calories. How much sodium have you been eating? Are you sure you're measuring everything correctly?
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:43 AM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Cookie View Post
From what I understand from my many, many years dieting and reading up on the subject, you may actually be eating too LITTLE. Your body may be holding on to everything you eat, because it feels like it's starving. Maybe you could try eating about 1500 a day for a week or so, and see if that breaks the stall? Good luck!
The only thing her body is holding onto is water. Starvation mode is a myth. Dieting does slow down the bodies metabolism but not by much.

Having said that eating some additional calories might cause the body to release some water.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote