Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

Red face Inspiring Others ..

Have you inspired anyone personally by your dieting & weight loss?

One of my coworkers just told me that she has decided to start dieting to lose weight & I was her inspiration. It caught me off guard because I had no idea that she noticed I was dieting. She told me she could tell that I had lost weight & she noticed my clothes hanging off of me that usually didn't. She has been asking me all day about what I'm eating & what I'm doing to lose weight. I feel so special!

My mother has been making cut backs & counting her calories & carbs & she has lost about 10 lbs in 3 weeks. She's doing GREAT & there's a noticeable change in her appearance.

I am not taking credit for anyone's journey; it's just nice to feel that your positive change has taken effect on others.

P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good for you! I think it's great you were able to inspire not one, but 2 people to lose weight
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

So happy you are being acknowledged and that others are following your example. That's one of the biggest compliments you can get in my opinion.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #4  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

It's great that you've been such an inspiration!!

I have only inspired my husband. That was not the case when I first started my weight-loss journey. He just wasn't ready and stuck to his old ways. After my weight change started to be noticeable, I think he wanted that for himself, and he also saw that I wasn't killing myself to do it... I was generally happy and satisfied with my diet. He's had ups and downs since, but he's down about 20 pounds since the new year, which is some great progress.

A few days ago, we were watching the update episode of "Heavy" and he turned to me and said, "You inspire me more than any of these people because you have done it without any help." I thought that was incredibly sweet and it really meant a lot to me.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

My friend from back in high school saw all of my status updates about exercising and weight loss and messaged me about how to count calories. I don't think she's ever thougth about it before, but she's never been one to look at the nutrition facts of her food. But, I described in detail about it, and about going to fitday.com or another online cal tracker and putting in food and activity. She was excited-I learned all of that from my parents, but I guess some people honestly just never think about it until they need to. I was flattered that I inspired her to start.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

good job ladies. I don't think I've ever inspired anyone in such a WONDERFUL way like this. I feel so important, but seeing as I'm new to this as well, I just want to make sure I give her good advice & everything.
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #7  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I inspired 3 people I work with but 1 just recently jumped ship. Her head isn't it in yet. I was very flattered and excited because we have become each other's support group at work. And on pizza day, I'm no longer the only one bringing my own salad. The bonus for me too is that if pushes me to succeed even more. Not only can I not let myself down, I can't let down my "followers". LOL
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

My good friend started her journey about a month after me. She had about 80lbs to lose and has already lost more than half of it, I am so proud of her. We were always the ones to complain but never took initiative to do anything about it. I like to think I was part of the reason she started. Another friend joined WW after asking me how I was losing so much weight, she actually thanked me the other day for recommending it I am glad that I haven't had negative experiences like some other people on here have with my friends and weight loss, they have all been extremely supportive and happy for me.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #9  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Five people where I used to work got excited talking to me about weight loss after I went from about 300 down to 245. Only three did anything about it. Only two stuck with it over a reasonable period and only one is still sticking with it 18 months later.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

What a compliment!

Someone inspired me. My brother-in-laws now ex girl friend has lost almost 200 pounds. We are now within 5 pounds of each other. She inspired me to start b/c I always felt so overwhelmed by how much I needed to lose... but she had done more then that. Even though she is now the ex girlfriend I still enjoy her friendship.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Great stories, guys!

My best friend inspired me to rejoin the gym and I inspired her to lose weight. We've truly done this together. She has lost over 100 pounds now as well. We inspired our third dear friend to lose 30 of the 100+ she needs to lose, but she hasn't been as successful. I think it's because she doesn't belong to the gym and doesn't have the total support our other friend and I are able to offer through that experience. She's not as motivated.

I think some people at work have been inspired, but they haven't actually said so. They've just started tossing the word "diet" around. LOL!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #12  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Five people where I used to work got excited talking to me about weight loss after I went from about 300 down to 245. Only three did anything about it. Only two stuck with it over a reasonable period and only one is still sticking with it 18 months later.
^^ This is very similar to the experience I have had with "inspiration"! LOL
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

congratulations!! thats great that you can make the people around you healthier!
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #14  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
^^ This is very similar to the experience I have had with "inspiration"! LOL
But you never know what will happen down the road! I had a friend who inspired me some years back. I lost a bit with her and then gave up eventually after about 20lbs. Even though it was awhile it go I got to see first hand someone who was successful and is still maintaining.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:56 AM   #15  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I have had several people tell me I was their inspiration. I live in a small community and worked in one that is bigger, but where most people know each other. I've had strangers in supermarkets squint at me and say "you're the one that lost all that weight...?" Some of the people who say I've inspired them managed to have great losses themselves, others have not stuck with it but maybe their time will come. I've done a motivational speaking engagement with a local weight-loss group who told me I was an inspiration.

Last edited by Ookpik; 04-07-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote