Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

Default I feel like punching holes in my wall!!!!!

I'm back to not moving a bit on the scale again. Last month only thing that "helpped" me was when I was sick and lost 7lbs in a month. The scale has been stuck at 258lbs. I eat so much more less and I've been jogging, jogging, jogging and weight training. I'm so frustrated with this. I thought plateaus happen when you get closer to your goal weight, but I'm no where near it. I only lost 18 lbs since december 30. i'm working out vigoursly. I can't even talk when jogging and i'm sweating like rain drops. I was keeping track of my calories, but even when i was eating 2000 at the most (usually around 1800) my weight wasn't changing much so i stopped that. still cautious of what i eat. i'm so frustrated with this. at 258lbs the weifght should still be shredding off. is this a plateau?? and why would i hit one this early in the game? even if i change my exercise i', not convinced it would make a difference. soon my membership is going to run out at the gym anyway and jogging/running will all i have.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I can completely sympathize with you! I feel like my body will not LET me get much past 250! I am no where near my goal weight and the scale just stops! I am anxious to see what others have to say. I wish I had words of wisdom to offer you but alas, we are in this boat together...sink or swim? I'm gonna swim! You?
Iianae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #3  

I think I'm sinking. 18lbs isnt much and i never got this far with all the attempts i made before to lose weight ever. i want to be proud of myself for that but i dont have very much to show for it with my stupid weight being the same. i do interval training also and that doesnt make any difference to the scale.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I can relate. I haven't lost more than a pound in the last 5 weeks. I've even increased the amount of time and intensity in my exercises to no avail. Right now I'm working on my diet and trying out calorie counting for a week (previously I was doing intuitive eating+whole foods) so I'm going to see if that can break it. I'm really frustrated right now because there are a lot of emotional reasons why I want to lose the weight by this fall. If I were at least seeing SOME progress it would be one thing but there's nothing! The scale absolutely refuses to drop below 192lbs.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:43 AM   #5  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

what about measurements? Is your waist shrinking? If you get on a scale that calculates fat has that changed? I think you have been building up a LOT of muscle with your workouts. YOu aren't just getting a bit more aerobic exercise, you are really building yourself into an efficient strong "machine" of a woman, and it must be showing. I bet you can see muscles under the fat that you didn't know you had. Don't despair.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 AM   #6  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

I am at my stuck number too. What has been helping me is measuring myself. I have only lost *maybe* 1.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks but have somehow managed to lose 5 inches still. On days the scale goes up or I have a bad weigh-in and feel demotivated, I break out that measuring tape! I am rounding out a 6 week phase and have only dropped 10#s but have lost 17.5 inches! If I had only been focused on weight, I'd probably be really bummed. I know my body is changing in good ways no matter what the scale says. I do find it strange that I can't just wrap my head around gaining muscle being the reason for not losing much although the definition is there. In my case, the measuring tape is a great tool. Now, if I could go to the sewing store and grab some patience, I'd be all set...
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #7  
On a Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasiagurl91 View Post
I think I'm sinking. 18lbs isnt much and i never got this far with all the attempts i made before to lose weight ever. i want to be proud of myself for that but i dont have very much to show for it with my stupid weight being the same. i do interval training also and that doesnt make any difference to the scale.
NO 18 POUNDS IS A LOT!!! Think of 18 pounds of butter! That is a LOT of butter! Isn't it? How can 18 NOT be a lot of anything? In weight loss, EVERY pound is a victory and you've already come a long way.

Should a person who wants to be a millionaire but only has $100,000 right now, give up b/c that million is so far away? Would you advise them that no matter how far they have come with their $100K they shouldn't even try to do any better? Of course not! Look how far they have already come! What would you say to them? Have faith in your plans. Look how much progress you've made. Why would you think you can't make farther if you've made it this far?

Last edited by 4star; 04-05-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

I would encourage you to write down every single bite you put into your mouth, and either track them as points, calories, or whatever you choose. I know from experience that my perception of how much I was ingesting and the reality of it was really off. It's a PITA, but with all the work you're doing you owe it to yourself to track every bite and see what is happening.
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #9  

I'm losing inches and I know some people not to focus on the scale, but the scale is important to me so i can join the air force. i want to be at 180. i'm losing inches. am i just going to be stuck at my weight now or is it going to ever go down for me????? and thats it?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasiagurl91 View Post
I'm losing inches and I know some people not to focus on the scale, but the scale is important to me so i can join the air force. i want to be at 180. i'm losing inches. am i just going to be stuck at my weight now or is it going to ever go down for me????? and thats it?
Oh no you will not be stuck here for ever if you are working out and eating right! Your sweating a lot you said, are you drinking enough water? Maybe its time for a new cal deficit? I know that in the military the scale is important so I do understand why you need to be at a certain weight. Just try changing your food for a week and drinking more water and see if that helps. And I agree with pp that you should write it all down it really helps to see if you did something on a day that maybe you should not do again. Have you ever figured out your BMR? Maybe try that and see where your cal intake should be with your activity level for fat loss. Soon the fat will come off it just may take more time to show it because right now you are making a lot of muscle with the work outs you do. Dont fret just keep you head up imagine what it would be like if you just gave up and gained those 18 lbs back!!

Last edited by Brooklynn; 04-05-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #11  
On a Mission

You must be gaining muscle. There just wouldn't be any reason you would be losing inches if you were not getting smaller. It doesn't always work out the same for everyone. Someone at my dh's work, worked out for the better part of a year and not much changed until after a lot of muscle got built up and then the fat started falling off at a crazy pace, revealing a fit body underneath. The waiting is just so hard, I know.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

If you exercise every single day I suggest you take a day or two off a week because I usually drop after a day off. What is your sodium intake look like? Are you measuring your food properly? If you are losing inches then you are losing fat it just takes awhile for the scale to catch up sometimes. Last month I didn't lose anything for almost two weeks and I was very sore so I took three days off in a row and got extra sleep and bam five pounds dropped off. Are you doing the low carb thing? If so I hear doing a dry carb refeed helps.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

I agree that you are definitely not stuck at that weight. I do think maybe a little less emphasis on the scale is in order. I understand your goal for getting into the Air Force and its motivating you to pay careful attention to the scale. But a watched pot never boils, and an obsessessed-over scale never moves. You might try taking a break from weighing yourself and continue on your hard work. Be proud of yourself! Even if the scale is stalled right now, you're still making HUGE gains in the health department, and the scale will catch up to you in time. Good luck!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

You've been working your body really hard. If you're dropping inches, I'm sure you're dropping fat and building muscle. Sooner later the scale will start to reflect that.

I would suggest that you start tracking your food again, even if it's just for a few days, just to be sure you're on track. Exercise is HUGE, but you really need the calorie deficit from your food too lose weight.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Oh I almost forgot to tell you my sister didn't reach the weight requirements for the army but they did a body fat test and she passed that so she still got in. If you keep losing body fat and the scale doesn't budge there is still a chance you could get in. Talk to your advisor about it and don't stress.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote