Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:50 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Monday, 4 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Weekend Chat - 1-3 April 2011
Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 315/294.6/180

Height: 5'7

So, I'm starting IP today. I'm subbing with EAS drinks today until I get to go to my consultation at 5:30. Then, I will be doing the actual program. I'm very excited and have been lurking on these boards for several weeks now gaining as much information as possible before deciding to plunge into the deep waters. I'll report back tonight on how the consultation went. I look forward to posting more and losing this weight!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

Day 2 today. Bit of a headache this morning, but no biggie. First half of yesterday was okay, but the afternoon onwards I was really 'hungry' But I know from past experience that it's not real hunger - it's hole in my stomach junk food hunger. I'm telling myself to deal with it like a headache - it's uncomfortable, but it's not an emergency. Looking forward to getting past these first few days and into a groove.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #4  

Airen08, good luck today. I have been on IP for 3 weeks now. I was a carb junkie so this was hard in the beginning. I just started substituting EAS. Lots cheaper. I feel like this is going to take forever for me. I have lost 14lbs. BUT, have 65 left to go....ugh....
Old 04-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #5  

I have just finished my first week of IP, I feel so much better, my WI is tonight and I am honestly a bit nervous. I work till midnight every sunday and I thought I did okay until I got home and was hungry I did not know what to do I think I Might get some EAS as wel just for these instances.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #6  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning IPer's. Looks like everyone had a great weekend. Here is to another wonderful start to a great week. 100% protocol for all of us WE CAN DO IT!

I spent the weekend working out in the yard. It got above 90° yesterday in KS. Today it will only get to mid 50's, crazy. Shoveled over 10,000#'s of dirt as I am relandscaping part of our yard. Should have worn sunblock and drank more water. FRIED!

At tip for all of us. If you are going to be working outside in the heat doing a lot of physical activity, DRINK, DRINK lots of water. Definitely have more than half your body weight in oz of water. I would almost go up to 75% or even your body weight in oz if you are sweating a lot. Eat your meals on time and do not skip. I even had some extra lean protein at lunch and I felt great. I am no IP coach so do not take what I say as fact, I just know what works for me. Saturday I did not add extra protein and I felt like it was run over by a truck.

Have a great week! Take care.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Welcome to all the newcomers! There certainly does seem to be a lot of people getting started lately. This forum is spectacular...

My advice is to read the stickies threads (the ones at the top of the Ideal Protein forum that are always there) to get you started. Bookmark this page: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

The daily threads are the most active, so if you have questions, ask them here if you can't find the answers on other threads. Lots of general questions about tickers, etc. are answered in the beginning of each daily thread.

The search function leaves something to be desired, so I found it best to settle in for 30 minutes at a time and just read through various threads. I learned a ton and got to know people during the process too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I don't know... I want to be comfortably in a 4 before I phase off. I need to fit into some more 4s at other stores before I'll consider myself there! My plan is to stay on phase 1 for 5 more weeks, phase 2 for 2 weeks, phase 3 for 2 weeks and then hit maintenance at the beginning of June. I am headed to San Francisco in the middle of June and really want to be able to enjoy myself without worrying too much while I'm there. Originally I had planned on 130 as my goal weight, but seeing as I'm already in a 4-6 right now at 153, I just don't know that I need to hit 130, you know?
I think you are being completely reasonable. The goal has to be flexible based on what your body is telling you and how you feel in your clothes. Congratulations again. You are truly an inspiration.

I weighed 155 in high school and fit into a size 4/6, depending on the brand. I can't imagine being that small again, let alone weighing less than that. I picked it as my goal knowing that it was something to shoot for, but my guess is that I might have to revise mine too near the end. For now, I'm just excited by the prospect of there being an end that I'm working towards.

My WI is this afternoon. I am anxious to hit the 180s officially, so I had better time my water consumption and not wear jeans that are too heavy...
Old 04-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #8  
Started IP 04/02/11

S/C/G: 178/166/135

Height: 5' 0

Hola!

Day 3 and feeling much better this morning! Tried making the chocolate pancake for breakfast and what a disaster....there is no way that thing was able to be flipped and it turned into a big heap of yuckiness....so yucky that I tried a bite and decided it was going in the garbage.....now Im going to have cereal instead....what a waste of a packet!! There's another one off my list.

Hoping you all have a great day on plan!

Ciao
Old 04-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #9  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
Hola!

Day 3 and feeling much better this morning! Tried making the chocolate pancake for breakfast and what a disaster....there is no way that thing was able to be flipped and it turned into a big heap of yuckiness....so yucky that I tried a bite and decided it was going in the garbage.....now Im going to have cereal instead....what a waste of a packet!! There's another one off my list.

Ciao
I just made chocolate pancakes this weekend. I do not use IP products but it would most likely be similar. I use 100% Whey Protein from GNC, chocolate flavor. I took on serving of this, one egg white, small dash of baking powder (sorry did not measure). mixed together with water until I got a thick batter.

Placed in a hot pan sprayed with cooking spray and was able to flip over. Turned out quite nice and I hate pancakes. I think if I mixed some oil in with them, I could make an IP brownie. 3 chocolate pancakes got me 20g of protein, healthy!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #10  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Goodmorning everyone!! I have been away from the daily chat for awhile - posting more in the "side chats" lol. I did just want to report that I have still been on plan and that I have REACHED MY GOAL!!!!!!!! To all of you just starting out - I NEVER thought I would get here! But now, it seems like only yesterday that I started. Use these threads - without it I have no doubt it would have been impossible!

Juiceman - you are a great source of information!! Hope you are hitting the aloe vera hard today
Old 04-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #11  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
Hola!

Ciao
Mine turned out the same way when I tried so I never bought it again. I've had some other friends say that they love it as a muffin, they cook them in the microwave. I imagine that wouldn't be bad then you could even add some WF choc dip or syrup to it. Probably would turn out pretty good.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #12  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Happy Monday all!!! So very excited I will be hitting the 120s this week. The last of the weight I have to lose is all in my butt and thighs. I'm hoping it sucks the fat right from there. :-) I went to a get together this weekend and everyone was commenting about how skinny I was and how much weight I had lost. It was wonderful but different. Sometimes I wasn't even sure what to say. Have a great day everyone!!

Welcome new IP's you will love your results!!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #13  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Goodmorning everyone!! I have been away from the daily chat for awhile - posting more in the "side chats" lol. I did just want to report that I have still been on plan and that I have REACHED MY GOAL!!!!!!!! To all of you just starting out - I NEVER thought I would get here! But now, it seems like only yesterday that I started. Use these threads - without it I have no doubt it would have been impossible!

Juiceman - you are a great source of information!! Hope you are hitting the aloe vera hard today
Congrats on hitting goal...that is awesome!!
Well I made it through my birthday without cheating yesterday. I had planned on having my husband order dessert and I would have one bite but I ended up getting sick that afternoon (and evening, and this morning) so we left before dessert. We tried making the crispy cereal pancakes last night and it ended up looking/tasting like cinnamon scrambled eggs. I'll try again today and tweak with the recipe a bit. I've officially hit the 20 lb. weight loss mark 2 weeks before the goal I had set so I'm pretty happy. I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #14  
Started IP 04/02/11

S/C/G: 178/166/135

Height: 5' 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Mine turned out the same way when I tried so I never bought it again. I've had some other friends say that they love it as a muffin, they cook them in the microwave. I imagine that wouldn't be bad then you could even add some WF choc dip or syrup to it. Probably would turn out pretty good.
Thanks for the tip!! I really doubt I will include that packet in my next week's choices though!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and encouragement ~ it means a lot as I struggle through this new adventure! I just hope that I am as successful as all of you!!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Lesley, GREAT JOB and CONGRATS!!!

Welcome to all the newcomers!! Seems we have quite a few today. Make sure to come here every day for support, encouragement, and accountability. Everyone here has helped me tremendously so far in the past 2 weeks. I'm sure you guys will do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
That's such an awesome feeling isn't it? Congrats Treena (that's my best friend's name so you must be an awesome person!) I got tears in my eyes when I saw my starting number (290) in the IP office and then I got tears in my eyes when I saw 270 on the scale in just over 2 weeks....but for different reasons the second time! Keep it up and we will both be 'crying' tears of happiness soon!!
Wow I never knew anyone with that name! I know what you mean about the different types of tears between starting and just 2 weeks later. It's so great to feel that you've achieved what you originally thought was impossible (that's how I felt, anyway!)! Good luck and keep up the good work!!
Closed Thread