PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Default April 2011 - PCOS Support Thread! :)

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back to April's thread!

The previous support thread is found here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...rt-thread.html

Let's round up the troops and see who is around!

Who's here this month?

How are you?

What are you working on?

How was last month?

How's your PCOS management going?

Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #2  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Who's here this month?
I'm here this month!

How are you?
Doing well, I suppose. Have some personal issues that need working on, and I'm starting a new position at my job next week.

What are you working on?
Getting more exercise, especially some strength training and cardio. I can jog a little bit, but I'd like to be able to jog at least half a mile. Watching my sodium intake, since it's really high.

How was last month?
Pretty darn good. Lost 8lbs last month, hopefully I can stay on a roll like that for a while.

Pretty good. My body has finally gotten used to being on The Pill again, and the weight loss I think is helping, too.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #3  

I didn't want to be first, so thank you Laneyy! Welcome back!

Who's here this month?

I am, of course. The only PCOS/weight loss site that I frequent.

How are you?

I was telling my boyfriend that I am an "angry beaver" today. I'm a little frustrated and annoyed at work today (this week) and I really just want to escape the madness.

I've also been really hungry. The last two days I've been starving, so obviously my body was raising it's metabolism or something (maybe I'm ovulating?) because I have been abnormally hungry. I finally broke the 166 mark, I'm at 165.8 lbs. Woohoo!

What are you working on?

I wanted to be at 160 lbs yesterday, at the end of March, but that didn't happen. April is going to be interesting because I'm going to be traveling a lot and I'm going to have a bunch of social activities. Birthday celebrations, tickets to Broadway shows, and of course, the dreaded travel.

Every time I travel, I learn how to handle the trip better in terms of my diet choices. But I still dread it because I always come back with the same weight on. I will be traveling a lot in April and May (yikes.... and June and July) that I'm not sure when I'll hit 160. I want to hit 160 by the end of the month, of course....

How was last month?

Last month was okay. I had a terrible February in the sense that I had to eat out a lot (work) and even though I was learning to make good choices, it left me the same weight as when I started.

March was better, because I lost 3 lbs, but it was 3 hard lost pounds.

But I'm doing well with exercise and my eating, although I still haven't been able to eat consistently below 1500 calories.

My macros remain good and I don't feel hungry and I don't have the cravings I use to have in 2010 or 2009, so this is good progress.

I'm still taking my supplements (haven't changed them) and I'm feeling good about those choices so far. I skipped my period in March, so I don't know when I'm getting it again, but I skipped my period around this time last year too, so I'm not worried about it. My gyno told me to get worried if 3 months pass and I haven't gotten it yet.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See tracker

Who's here this month?
Gonna try to be around more often this month

How are you?
Ok I guess because I'm off work for a couple of weeks.

What are you working on?
Gonna try to stop binging & move more this month.

How was last month?
Wasn't bad. I lost around 4.5 pounds despite going off Actos (too busy to get a refill), no exercise, and late afternoon chocolate attacks!

Need to get back on Actos at some point. I also need to get my hormone levels checked etc.
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for getting the thread up!

Who's here this month?

Me, me!

How are you?

Better, but still a bit disoriented.

What are you working on?

Losing the GAIN! Ugh!

How was last month?

Rough. My dad wigged out and I had to step in to help my mom with eldercare stuff. It was just a mess of not normal eating -- frozen food, dining out, etc. And feeling all strange on the Glumetza -- it still makes me HUNGRIER on it that when I'm not even though it's supposed to be helping me not be hungry. Bizarre. I'm going to give it a shot and then see if I can't just go back to Glucophage. Ugh.

I was a bit less present on this board than usual and I had a weight gain. I'm in the middle waiting for TOM so I'm hoping some of this bloat weight let's me go so I can feel somewhat normal and not all puffy.

Well, I'm a month out from my endoc appt and new labs. So I'd like to get aggressive with the workouts and food log and at least try to repair the regain.

I also want to be more HERE on this board this month because I see it really helps me.

Here I go...

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-03-2011 at 08:54 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Who's here this month?
Me hehe

How are you?
Good, but im still waiting to see a gynecologist i was refered in december and im still waiting for an appointment

What are you working on?
Uni work, exams and getting 14lbs off by my 30th birthday in july

How was last month?
was ok had my ups and down but i got through it and managed to loose some weight

AS i previously said im waiting to be seen.
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #7  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Who's here this month?
My name's Georgia. I've been off 3FC for a year, and never really participated in this particular forum before, but I've got all the markers for PCOS and I'm definitely insulin resistant, but my doctor won't talk to me about it because I'm 50!

How are you?
Just getting over bronchitis. When I've been sick and stuck indoors for a few days, I get really edgy and feel the need to change the world. I'm starting with the laundry.

What are you working on?
Cutting calories to 1600, starting today. And I am continuing work on something called Emotional Brain Training. Trying to get on top of the stress management. Ready to ramp up the cardio exercise since the weather is cooperating. I start power walking this week!

How was last month?
Last month was pivotal. I think I finally figured out how my body will agree to lose weight. Saw a five-pound loss at the end of last month, and have lost three more this month since sticking to the new plan.

Going well for the last two weeks. Restricted carb intake by both amount and type of carbs I'm eating (getting most of my carbs from vegetables these days). Restricting fats to mostly plant-derived. Restricting calories just a little more. Ramping up exercise to include more cardio. Been doing Pilates very regularly for the past year and love it! Fabulous results with that, for both body and mind. Taking some new nutritional supplements that I'm excited about because they're really helping. Stuff to support pancreatic and liver health and endocrine balance. Eliminated soy from my diet due to an allergy and as long as I stay away from that, I feel really good.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Who's here this month?
me (amber)

How are you?
alright, slightly depressed but working on it! and lonely

What are you working on?
eating better, not eating out because it is convenient, saving money, and spending more time with my daughter (i work alot)

How was last month?
it was alright, i gained 2 lbs, but this is a new month and i hope to lose!

fine..i am only on BC to manage, and that seems to be going well (finally!) I had my daughter in october and my dr agreed to keep me off of metformin, so that is awesome
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #9  

Hi everyone! I'm glad you've come back or are new!!!!

Laneyy and Jigglebits, congrats on the weight loss!!!!!

Astrophe, I'm sorry things are crazy at home. I'm glad you're going to focus on your health this month though. It will help with the stress you're going through.

Ems, I'm sorry you're still waiting... boo!!!!

Georgia, have you tried to tell your doctor to treat you like you're prediabetic? He might understand that concept more and actually treat you, rather than dismiss you because you're 50!!!! (and obviously not trying to get pregnant!....)

amber hi! I hope you get back on track this month!!!

I'm doing okay, much better than before. I was really stressed out and over the weekend I realized that a lot of the stress was self-induced because I was trying to be "perfect".... I had lost so much weight in March (hey, three pounds is a lot for me!!!!) and work and everything else.... so I told myself I was just going to maintain for April.... come April 30th, if I'm still at 165.6, I've done wonderfully....

Last edited by Rana; 04-04-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: amber!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #10  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana View Post
Georgia, have you tried to tell your doctor to treat you like you're prediabetic? He might understand that concept more and actually treat you, rather than dismiss you because you're 50!!!! (and obviously not trying to get pregnant!....)
Hey Rana...I am, in fact, a type 2 diabetic. I manage it all with diet and exercise and my doctor tells me I don't need to be on meds for this at this time. She wants me to take stuff for my heart, which is just fine and there's no history of heart disease in my family. All my cholesterol, bp and triglyceride numbers are great, and that annoys her a little because I'm an atypical fat person. So, I treat myself as if I'm PCOS and hypothyroid, I did a lot of reading and found supplements that actually help on my own. Hopefully, the recent trend of weight loss will continue and I will finally break the worlds LONGEST PLATEAU IN HISTORY! Two whole years!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 207.5/202/130

Height: 5'4 1/2

Who's here this month? My name is Kristen but most people call me Kris. I'm new to 3fc and to pcos. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS, so my head is still spinning!

How are you? Doing ok, trying to get a plan going though.

What are you working on? Changing my eating habits and adding more exercise minutes in.

How was last month? N/A

How's your PCOS management going? So far, not going at all. It's been a struggle since I have found out so I am hoping this site will be a big help to me.
kris2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/189/109

Height: 4'11"

Who's here this month?
I am!
How are you?
I'm doing really well. I'm homeschooling the kids and it's been a good day. I hope to get some yarn dyeing in this after noon.
What are you working on?
Figuring out if WW is the way to go to continue with weight loss or if doing a meal delivery program is the way to go.
How was last month?
I maintained my current weight throughout the month. Not a gain, but no loss either.
I'm new to 3fatchicks but not PCOS. DX in 1994 at age 14. I've been on Medication in the past but have chosen not to use metformin or a birthcontrol pill. I had a prior DX of IR but my current lab values for the last 4 yrs no longer support that DX.
Ariesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/275/180

Height: 5'8

Hey guys. I have been so busy with my new job these past few months i have neglected posting

Who's here this month?
Heather
How are you?

I am good finally dropped down to 275lb! My first mini goal!
What are you working on?

How was last month?

Last month was ok. I had a bit of yo-yoing as far as my weight is concerned. My periods of been going a little off even with my birthcontrol.
Well Its going really slow. I finally have the money to see a doctor, still uninsured, so I am excited. I may get to go on Metformin or something to help speed my weight loss up a bit. It has taken me 2 yrs to loose 25 lbs at a 1200-1500 calorie diet with exercise
N1kk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #14  

Man, I'm sick again. What's wrong with me? I've been eating so healthy, you'd think that my body would be strong enough to battle whatever cold or flu virus is laying around.

It suddenly hit me last night after spinning class and no, it wasn't just exhaustion. I woke up feeling very sick (sinus).

Blah.........
Old 04-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #15  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

Who's here this month?

I haven't been around much lately, but I'm here.

How are you?

I've been better. A lot of stress in my home life, and my anxiety has been getting pretty bad lately.

What are you working on?

Getting back into trying to lose weight. I'm trying to stop giving myself excuses not to exercise and eat right.

How was last month?

Last month was ..last month.

I haven't been doing anything for it, really. I need to make a new appointment with my Endo & an appointment with a gyno. I'm not taking my metformin and I'm not taking my Vitamin D anymore, either. I haven't had a period since December, and I think it's time for me to buckle down about this again.
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote