Old 04-04-2011, 02:40 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default weekly chat April 4-10th

A new week. Don't they go by so quickly?

What do you mean Sandra hard to be humble? If I was as good at shooting as you, I'd have it tattooed on my forehead!
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

It's 2:30AM here, and I'm wide awake! I guess I should not have taken that nap from 6-7PM???
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I thought I'd stop in and say hello while having my morning cup of decaf before my day gets crazy. I hope to have a loss today at JC and then again later at my WW meeting. In between, is some hair pampering.

It's gray and warmish here. A typical Chicago Spring day. The grass, however, IS turning green.

Light and love to all of you. Nancy, I'm thinking of you.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Afternoon ladies hope your all well?

Well done on the losses girls your doing fab

If you didnt loose this week do not worryabout it to much just keep at it an dyou will see a loss on the scales next week

Thanks for all your kind words and support you have all helped me alot over the past 3 months. Thank you xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #5  

Its nice to have a beautiful day here. It helps. Our daughter is still here from Ca til Wednesday, so we are going to have lunch with my grandson at school. Then we are going to look at hard guitar cases so she can take her dad's guitar back to Ca with her. I am going to wait to decide on any of his stuff except this guitar was her granddads & then dads & she plays it alot & I think it will help her to go home with it.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #6  

Hello chicks. I've been on the phone since I woke up this morning. I haven't even had breakfast and it's already 12:30 pm. Need to make a grocery run and get some fruit.

Vickie, I see a good loss this week for you.

Nancy, we have some things promised to the grandkids and my daughters when we pass. They know, so there will be no bickering later. Glad your daughter is there with you.

Need to get something to eat. bbl
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

FINALLY some virgin ounces! I lost 1.6 today and my tracker is finally correct again. Now to get to that next 15 pound goal. I just ate lunch and I'm still hungry. I'm leaving Jim and Brodie home and going for my hair appointment. I'm going to have an iced coffee....1 little cream...no sugar for my treat.

I still have my WW weigh in tonight.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #8  

From Sandra who can't get online right now

Rhonda and Vickie, thank you. I have been reluctant to talk much about archery. In the big scheme of things, it's something minor even though to Curtis and me, it's a pretty big deal.

I had struggled with my shooting for at least 3 years. When I'd come on here and say "I won" then complain about my shooting, I was being frank. I wasn't happy with my performances. This season, however, I have been scoring
much much better. I even shot my personal best with my recurve for indoor competition at Louisville. That's a huge accomplishment as the mental game goes into high gear at Nationals, and lots of folks shoot much lower scores there.

I told Curtis I thought my giving up caffeine over a month ago helped me settle my nerves. He told me he thought my giving up sugar was a huge factor. I wasn't shakey at all. And my self image was higher than normal. I have been "hanging around" the 180's for months now instead of around 200 as I had for a long long time.

I have been focusing on the emotional and spiritual aspect of weightloss more than on the physical That's giving me a peace of mind--a contentment. I don't weigh often at all usually once a month or two. I am watching what I eat. My main focus is just on trying to eat like a "normal" person with no bingeing. Old mind habits do pop up and I do think "diet" every now and then, but I am more content and have accepted my body more. Guess what I'm saying is I'm more at peace with myself. I think that being at peace is what's made my self image improve. I do occasionally have what I'd call "little indulgences" but not too often.

When I received my trophy, I wasn't embarassed about how I looked. Like I have been. . I still have more to do on my mind/body overhaul, but I'm in a better place now--and my shooting's also better.

Photos were made at the awards ceremony. I'll try to post them.

Paula, the crockpot spaghetti was something extremely simple I made to take to
the mission. Several women from our church made it and we were to combine it.
All I did was brown burger then add that to bottled sauce. I cooked spaghetti
then after draining it, I added it to the meat sauce in a crockpot then kept it
hot till we were ready to serve.

We're taking spaghetti again next month.

Ems, seems like we've known you longer than 3 months. We have pledged to serve once a month for the remainder of the year. We all come home afterwards feeling pretty good. It's very uplifting to help these folks. They are all gracious and most appreciative. They're giving us a lot in return.

Vickie, good success with wi. I am very proud of you.

Nancy, that's so sweet of you to let your daughter have the guitar. I know she'll cherish it.

I am subbing today at a junior high. Guess what. As I type this (8:45 am), I
have not had any classes due to some testing that's going on here on campus, and
I won't have any classes till 1:10 pm. Wish I could do direct posting here now,
but access is blocked. Guess I'm lucky to be able to get on here and read. I'm
typing this post and e'ing it to myself so I can post it later.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Nothing new, its raining out,so I decided not to go out to buy new clock hands for my cuckoo clock that Leo gave to me for my 65th birthday. My friend Mary is going to go out with me on Thursday instead, and from there we can go out to eat.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages,the sure do,before we know it it will summer,and we have to get our short sets out,and the AC in.

RHONDA- You're lucky your can nap. I Can't when I'm having problems sleeping,I have to go out to the living room and watch TV for a 1hr and than its back to sleep for me.
RHONDA Thanks for sharing Sandra post with us.She certainly an incredible person and I really admire she for all she does.

VICKIE-Good Luck at the JC and WW scale.Hope you had a loss.YIPPEE!! for your 1.6 loss now crossing my fingers for your WW scale.

NANCY-Glad that your DD is with you until Wednesday and that was a great gesture to give away her dads guitar to her. I gave my DD her dad's Rebel camera.as she's a great photographer,and he planned to give to it her anyway.

EMS-Thanks for your supporting words. I maintained this week but I'm on a quest to find out how many calories & carbs that I need to burn to lose. Its so hard to figure out,especially when you get older.

PAM-I guess you had a nice phone visit,I had one this morning with my friend Mary,by the time I go off my tea was ice cold.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 10"

Sandra - I think you have a very healthy outlook on weight, body image and lifestyle change. I'm sort of with you on this -- I'm eating healthy, exercising regularly and getting less obsessed with a number on the scale. I'm now using my clothes as a guide to how I'm doing. I've been wearing size 12's now for a few years. When they get tight I know its time to change things around and drop the pds I've gained. I have not goals to get into a 10-- I'm 5' 9 and I love being in 12's - I think I look good. At my highest I probably was in an 18 although I never would buy anything that was bigger than a 16. Just had a lot of skirts with elastic waists. 12 fitted pants are a world away from where I was. Congrats on doing well with your shooting. I think any athlete is critical of their performance and strive to do better - good for you !!

Nancy, glad to see you here. I hope you are doing well. I'm sure your daughter will be happy taking Robin's guitar home. It will give her something close to him. It took my mom a while to go through my Dad's stuff after he passed -- he was a sentimental guy. I know have a bunch of report cards and art projects I did back in elementary school. It was a nice surprise to know he saved them.

Vickie, congrats on the loss!!! Its good to get rid of the virgin weight. Keep it up!

Not much going on here -- Its cloudy and raining. Which I was very unaware of when I left for work this morning. I have no umbrella and wore an leather jacket. From work I have to pick up dd at gymnastics, so a bunch of running in and out before I make it home. I just need to hope for a break in the weather shortly.

BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #11  

I'm new but figure the best way to do so is just to jump in.

Started WW today - weighed in at 193.8. Never.again. I've been fighting from 206 for two years! Something needs to give so I'm hping the structure of ww will help.

B: none
L: turkey burger, slice of cheese, lays stax
D: Broiled fish, sweet potato, broccoli
Sn: banana, strawberries, chocolate mint jello temptation
Treat: Fudgesicle

I didn't eat breakfast because I had to go to the store first while my mom kept my kids. I'm stocked for the week now so I'm planning on limiting myself to one "treat" item a day if that. I was within my points though (I'm doing the old program) so I'm good.

I have to remember that this won't happen overnight.
amylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm in the middle of errands but wanted to say HELLO!!! I'll catch up tomorrow.

Amy Lou.....WELCOME!!! You just found the nicest corner of the internet. I'm doing a combination of Jenny Craig and WW Points plus with an emphasis on Core/Simply Filling Foods. I'm a bit of a compulsive! I have 100 pounds to lose yet so we can keep each other company. Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself. I'll catch you up tomorrow when I have more time.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm just typing a note on this thread to bump it back up so folks aren't tempted to post on last week's thread!

Love to you all.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #14  

Oh, I think I did post on last week's because I was wondering where the post from Amylou went. Oh well. Amylou

Ok, I did a new lower body workout today. (New upper body yesterday) Well, it was TOUGH. I hadn't done much with my hamstrings lately and there was one exercise that I could hardly eek out because the "hammies" were lazy.

I did some reading on exercise websites this weekend and read that some people advocate doing serious cardio early in the morning before breakfast. That strikes me as really STUPID. There are so many fads and so much misinformation.

I have read a number of people say that they don't eat any carbs after 3PM. I can't figure that out either really. Veggies have carbs and they are good for you. Then, others argue that you should eat 5 small meals a day, each one with a distribution of protein, carbs, and fats.

I can see eating more often with smaller meals, to keep the hormones/insulin on a more even keel.

That's enough from me right now...
Old 04-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #15  

Hello Amylou and welcome. You will find a great group of ladies here. I do Simply Filling Technique.

Vickie, how did WW go last night?

Rhonda, I'm just too old to figure out all these things we should and should not do. I'll just do what I know and hope for the best. I do try to eat protein with each meal and I love my veggies. I probably don't eat enough whole grains, but not much of a bread eater. I love quinoa and bulgar and do have my steel cut oats each morning, but that's about it. My husband, on the other hand, thinks you need bread with every meal. BTW, he is doing great and is taking this really serious.

Maryann, waving hello. I see you on last weeks thread.

Is Sandra teaching this week? Loved her message yesterday.

Hey to the rest of you chicks.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote