Old 04-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default Allergic to eggs? I've updated my post. I don't think it's eggs.

Anyone here watch their carbs and are allergic to eggs? What does your breakfast look like? I don't know for a fact that I'm allergic to eggs. That's going to be the next thing that I eliminate.

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-16-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #2  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

I'm not allergic to eggs, but there's no reason you can't have leftovers from dinner for breakfast, or soup, or perhaps even meat and two veg.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/213/150

Height: 5'6"

I have an egg intolerence and tend to have greek yogurt for breakfast. I eat FAGE Total 0% sold by Costco which claims to have 18g protein with 7g total carbs per 6 oz. I tend to add berries sometimes as well.

I'm relatively new to the whole carb counting scene but wanted to put in my two cents

Last edited by justdazed; 04-04-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
justdazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

Thanks for the replies, so far. I appreciate them. I have always been a breakfast person and LOVE my morning omelets!

I have been dealing with an allergy since last Summer. I went to an allergist. The testing eliminated a lot of foods, so I have been able to start eating them again. The problem is that we didn't test specifically for eggs. I didn't even consider eggs as being an issue.

This has been a very frustrating process.

justdazed Does eggs in commercial bread products, salad dressings, etc. bother you?
Old 04-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/213/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
justdazed Does eggs in commercial bread products, salad dressings, etc. bother you?
I don't have problems with bread or any other baked item, mayo is fine although I have completely switched to Vegenaise. I tend to be picky with my salad dressings and really only use balsamic vinaigrette. For me my symptoms (TMI) are gastrointestinal reactions and eating a little at any given time has helped. However eating 2 - 3 eggs in one sitting it would not be good thing.

My intolerence is quite low, yet enough to register on a patch and blood test. With both tests it was egg whites, not egg yolk. If you think you may be having a reaction to eggs it's definitely worth discussing with your allergist
justdazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

I do like eggs, but they can get OLD. I like to eat something like a pan fried breast of chicken in sunflower oil (no breading, just fried in the pan) and then about half a cup of fresh berries. Sometimes I have whipped cream (home-made) on the berries and then my coffee. My SIL has an extreme egg allergy and she says only real eggs bother her -- no baked goods or anything. I wonder if it's because during cooking with other ingredients there is a chemical reaction? Not sure. Like another poster mentioned, yogurt is GREAT! I have that sometimes with berries and usually pecans -- although almonds are good, too. And last but not least, I LOVE protein shakes. I make mine coffee flavored, but you can do any number of flavors.

I have to say, if I were in your shoes, I'd go to the Dr. and tell them you're still having issues and you want to be tested for more things just to be safe.
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #7  
Trying to live below 200

Thanks for the replies. I just recently eliminated something. I'm going to see how it goes this week. The only thing I haven't eliminated at some time is my morning coffee, dairy, and eggs. My reaction is that I break around the outside and inside of my mouth. No gastrointestinal issues. The reaction was worse in the beginning. I eliminated glucosamine/chondroitin,MSM. I thought I was allergic to shellfish. I had really bad facial/face swelling. I eliminated all seafood and was tested for that. It came back negative. I started taking a vegetarian glucosamine, but it had MSM in it. I think MSM is a sulfur. I had an allergic reaction to a sulfur antibiotic ointment at one time. I am hoping the problem is the MSM. I'll see how it goes this week. If it doesn't clear up, I will eliminate the eggs. I have been tested for seafood, fruits, spices, and some veggies.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #8  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

oh diana, oww, thats a difficult reaction. Don't know if you have been taking any other arthritis meds with going off the condroitin etc. but I am allergic to all NSAIDS, (aspirin, advil/motrin, naprosyn etc) and get hives all over my face, especially eyes.
Eggs are a fairly common allergin in kids. and as an adult I have become allergic to citrus. its a drag, but not as much as the reactions.
elimination diets are the best way to test, as blood and skin testing isn't always accurate for food allergies, and cooking can affect the allergy. (my son-in-love is allergic to raw orchard fruits, but can eat apple pie, its cooked!)
GOod luck and good detecting
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #9  
Trying to live below 200

fatmad Thank you for your reply.

As an update, I almost hate to say anything for jinxing things I may have figured something out. I will give it some time and update this weekend. Wish me luck.

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-06-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #10  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Addressing the allergy or sensitivity thing, I found I'm highly sensitive to soy. And I am so sensitive to it that I can't eat eggs from chickens who have been given feed with soy in it. Even if it's organic non-GMO soy in the feed, I still get a reaction of extreme lethargy, fuzzy thinking, headaches and arthritic joint pain. I eat CADIA brand eggs, carried at my healthfood store. I also recently found a local egg producer who allows their chickens to roam freely and only feeds them soy-free feed. And I'm doing well with their eggs. Just because eggs say cage-free, organic or free-range, doesn't mean they're soy-free.

I too am sensitive to carbs, but found that I'm good with veggies of the non-starchy nature, even if they have some carbs in them. I also seem to be okay with oatmeal, as long as it's not too processed. I know this isn't popular, but I do love cooked greens and a poached egg on top of toasted steel cut or extra thick rolled oats. I love my oatmeal savory.

I like making shredded veggie patties for breakfast. I shred zucchini with onions, sometimes add chopped spinach. You could blend shredded veggies with ground turkey or chicken and make sausage patties.

I also like stews and soups for breakfast. A veggie puree with a little broth and half and half is yummy!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I have an allergy to eggs but only if they are not fully cooked. I just make sure there is no runny yolk and I am good to go
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

I'm sorry, I forgot to update my post.

It looks like the allergy might be broccoli. I eat a lot of broccoli. It's the vegetable that most restaurants have as a side. Anyways, I didn't eat broccoli for about a week. My mouth/allergic reaction cleared up. I ate broccoli the other night and got a reaction.

I also think I am allergic to the MSM that was in my Glucosamine product. The (S) part of MSM is sulfur. I had an allergic reaction to a prescription antibiotic cream one time. I didn't put two and two together that I might be allergic to MSM. Since I quit taking the Glucosamine with MSM my allergic reactions are not as bad.

I know broccoli is a high sulfur food. I don't know if it's the sulfur in the broccoli or the salicylate.