Old 04-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #1  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Default Mid-Way Blahs Has Anyone Felt This Way Before??

Hi, I hope everyone had a great week end! I was wondering about something...I'm at the mid way point in my weight loss journey I need to lose about 50 more Lbs. to be at my goal. I have been in a really bad stall for over a month now. I know what the problem is- it's me. I have been eating too many calories and exercising too little. The truth is I just have not felt very motivated. But the thought of going back where I was keeps me from throwing in the towel. This past week- I day dreamed about choc cake...often. I never gave into my little fantasy and had any. I just thought about it.
Has anyone else felt like they hit a kind of mental stumbling block in the middle of their weight loss?
I haven't measured myself in a while so this morning I measured and was shocked to see that I had lost 2 inches in my waist since January. Even though my weight has hovered around 190 Lbs. for a month or so I still lost a couple of inches. I was so happy! This is fabulous motivation. If I could only hang onto this feeling when the scale not moving blahs set in. Any advice would be appreciated
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 236 / T(176*) / 145

Height: 5' 5

I don't really have any advice, largely because in a lot of ways I'm currently experiencing the same thing. I've been keeping pretty good about exercise, but what I've been eating has been deviating further from my loosely defined plan, and I know that my total calories have been increasing and too much junk food has been slipping in. I look at the scale an think, "Wow! I've made so much progress! Time to get lazy!" ... and then I look in the mirror / at a picture and think "Oh... But I still don't look anywhere near the way I want... Boo!"

But losing the inches is a great NSV!
kaebaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/185/140

Height: 5-6

I am going through the same thing. Half way there and fell off the wagon. I endulged in carrot cake today. So frustrating! I need motivation quick! Everyone keeps telling me I am doing great, but I know over the last month I have been feeding myselft the wrong things.
MariposaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:24 AM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm about half way too and have just not been getting anywhere lately. I've actually increased my exercise routine quite a bit but still nothing...

Right now I'm working a lot on my food choices. I'm trying to count calories for this week (I normally do intuitive eating+whole foods) and I'm also going to drop bread products for a week to see if I get break this plateau.

I have seen my measurements go down and I know I'm carrying some water weight too because I can just feel it on my body but even with that the scale should drop at least some!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I'm feeling the same way! I just seem to be in a sort of "funk", you know? Can't wait to get rid of this blah feeling. Pushing myself to do harder exercise has been especially difficult lately.

We can push through this! Just keep on plan one day at a time!
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I hit a period of semi-complacency at that weight, largely because I felt so normal. You're in a really good place right now. It's about now that every 10 pounds counts a lot! I found that very motivational! I started focusing on all the things I could do that I couldn't before and it all started right about where you are, at 185 to be exact. That's when I started going to the amusement park and marveling at how small I was. The speed at which I lost became less and less important because I was really happy with the changes in my body.

I hope the same happens for you. You're very close to the magic 174 mark, the crossover into just "overweight". That's a huge milestone! Set your sites on that.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 263/Ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I could have written this post myself! I've lost about 50 lbs and I have 60 more to go. This is the most weight I've ever lost at once. Usually I stall out around the 20-30 lb mark.

I know exactly what my problem is. Even though I know I don't look good yet, I don't look as horrible as I did. I've been buying new clothes like crazy and it's an amazing feeling, so I'm starting to get complacent. I do this every time.

I start eating a little more for awhile, and when I continue to lose despite the increased calories, I keep eating more and slowly but surely, I build up to that first big binge which I never really recover from. Then I stop weighing myself daily when I stop losing and actually start gaining, then I stop posting here to hold myself accountable.

Well guess what? NOT DOING THAT THIS TIME!

I'm playing a serious mind game. I am tired of being on a diet. I want to hurry up and get to my goal so I can start working on maintaining, but I still have 60 lbs to go and it's not gonna fall off by itself.

*sigh*

I'm struggling right now, but I haven't given up either. I'll be anxious to see what others say. I want to stay on plan. I don't want to give up all the hard work I've done. I don't want to go back to being unhealthy, because the health problems that started to crop up were the reason why I started to eat healthier in the first place.

I guess we just have to make up our minds to not give up, but it's HARD! I keep reminding myself that it will pass eventually and it has to right?
Xaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #8  

My dieting stalled out for a few weeks, but I continued to count my calories sporadically.
Just 2 days ago I started counting my calories daily, and now I am back on track again.

I had a breakthough in my energy level initially last year, and I can do so much more now.
But I know if I lose another 20 pounds I will be in better health than I am now. And I will have a lot more energy in a few months.

So I am glad I finally buckeled down to really start my weight loss all over again...before I gain weight back.

I have a lot of summer clothes in boxes I will fit into if I can lose another 10-20 pounds soon. That is my motivation for now. Enjoying the summer in my smaller clothes. I'll still be overweight, but I'll look and feel better all summer.

And I play this video every day now to motivate me. The lyrics and the photos got me back on track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrDpEI9FpZ0

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #9  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Wow ~ Thank you beautiful ladies! Wonderful advice, I don't feel so alone now
Jolina- LOVE the youtube link- yes it made me feel happy and motivated! Thank you!
MariposaGirl- Hon-ey!! Carrot Cake...I feel weak in the knees We could be best friends- but we might be poison for each other! lol
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote