Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Weekend Chat - 1-3 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 31 March 2011
Old 04-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #2  

Good Morning:
I have only been on the IP diet for 3 weeks. I have lost 14 lbs. But, have 65 more to go. I was such a carb freak and I miss PIZZA! I have to continue for my health and self-esteem! Congratulations to everyone!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #3  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
After a short vacation where I really felt the pressure of all the changes I've made on plan, I had my WI tonight and....DOWN FIVE POUNDS!

So excited and proud of myself! Thanks to everyone for all the great support and advice on here. I just passed 20 pounds, which is 25% - treating myself to the 2 hour massage next weekend! WHOO HOO!!!!
WAY TO GO. Glad it all worked out over your trip. Feels good doesn't it. Enjoy your mini reward, you deserve it. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning

Today is my first full day on IPD. I started yesterday at noon officially (I had eggs for breakfast).

Yesterday I had cream of chicken and broccoli for lunch, dinner was a 5 ounce sirloin and grilled asparagus. I use to hate asparagus, but after forcing myself to keep trying to eat it I actually almost like it now. My snack was ice cream style dark chocolate pudding-I had trouble eating it...wasn't hungry.

This morning I am having the fine herb and cheese omelet. This is my favorite food so far! Have any of you microwaved the omelet to cook it? I travel a lot for work and would love to be able to bring this along and have it for breakfast.

Today I think my challenge will be getting enough water.

Last night I was at target getting a pill holder and saw a cute basket that was designed to hold photos. Its the perfect size for a week's worth of IPD packets!

On a different note, why did the weather think it was funny to snow down here near Philadelphia? Worst April Fools joke ever!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
I can't wait to finally (it's been over 20 years) get below 200! My end 8 week WI was 26 pounds.
You will get there for sure!! You are going to look awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaL View Post
Hello out there! I'm new on here, and just wanted to let you all know how helpful and encouraging your posts are for me. I am doing IP with alternative products and have just completed my third week. I've found that days when I read the posts, and your success stories, I am much more motivated and struggle less with staying on track. Thanks for the help!
Glad you decided to post up and yes, having support really does make a BIG difference!!! Looking forward to hearing about your success!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
I want to be a bigger loser... Back from WI#7, down another 2.4 lbs. Coming along slowly. I would LOVE a big week for a change. I haven't seen the woosh fairy for a while... is she gone?
Ok..please re-post this for me when I am also losing slowly (which is bound to happen at some point for everyone....)........yes the scale did not show a big loss, BUT think about allllllll of the changes you have made for the better---all the times you could have cheated and didn't, about the fact that instead of whining about your weight, you are DOING something about it, the fact that you are choosing to be firmly in control of what you put into your body-----about umm, IDK, maybe .5% of the WORLD population can do those things and do them consistently----you are part of an elite club, my dear---regardless of what the scale says. Hold your head up and be encouraged!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
WI # 7 was this morning, lost another 1.4 lbs. definitely nothing to write home about, but it is better than nothing! And my arms lost 1/2 inch, and my thighs lost 3/4 inch.
"Nothing to write home about".....hmmmmmmm how many people do YOU know (outside of this group--I mean like neighbors, co-workers, etc) were disciplined in their eating this week? How many of those folks made a plan and stuck to it? How many made choices that were hard, but with their health in mind? YOU did that and MORE---no matter what the scale says you can be proud of all of your efforts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calival View Post
One thing, i am on my third week, WI#3 tomorrow, I was down 9 lbs on WI#2 so hopefully tomorrow will show an additional loss. i have kept to the program religiously, not one morsel of off program food has passed my lips. The thing is this, I notice my tops are not as snug but my jeans seem too be as snug as ever, how do you guys do it who are noticing dropping dress sizes in a matter of weeks?? It kind of is discouraging.
Everyone is different----stuff IS happening for you even if the clothes don't show it yet. It can seem like "everyone else" is doing better, but if you can, try to remind yourself that you are doing the best for YOU--and if you do it long enough, one day it will be you telling all of use how many sizes smaller you are!! Daily changes over time add up to BIG results. Every meal you eat on protocol is a WIN WIN WIN. Keep it up--you'll be glad you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Back from WI#2 and down 3 pounds which makes it a total of 16 in two weeks!! And 15 inches?! Wow....I'm so happy!!

I did cheat last night...went to the movie and had a small plain popcorn .. but I'm back on protocol today and I felt really awful afterwards, physically and mentally....
WOW--lots of lbs you said good bye to---well done!! As to the popcorn.....IDK about you, but movie is a true weakness of mine. Here are my thoughts on that---ok, you went off plan. You had a small . You didn't have a bucket with butter all over it AND nachos AND candy---it could have been far worse. No biggie.

#2 These are AWESOME opportunities for us step back, NOT JUDGE OURSELVES and examine what was going on for us at the time. What were your thoughts? There is a BIG difference between "I'm at the movies and MUST have popcorn"and "Ya know, it might cost me at weigh in, but I really want this, so I am going to have it". Not judging, but acknowledging the consequences is an excellent way to be loving to ourselves while we are on this journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
After a short vacation where I really felt the pressure of all the changes I've made on plan, I had my WI tonight and....DOWN FIVE POUNDS!

So excited and proud of myself! Thanks to everyone for all the great support and advice on here. I just passed 20 pounds, which is 25% - treating myself to the 2 hour massage next weekend! WHOO HOO!!!!

Yes, I would most definitely say a big, fat WOOOHOOOO is in order here, so

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up Ahem.....a small announcement....

After some disappointment about not seeing any changes in how my clothes fit and such........

I AM WEARING JEANS I COULDN"T ZIP UP 3 WEEKS AGO!!!!!!

they are "stretchy and I have a minor muffin top thing going on (but only when I am sitting"). I am SO diggin' this!!!!

Last edited by Tate; 04-01-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/153/135

Hi Everyone! I am starting IPD on Sunday and I'm so glad I found this forum! I'm going shopping today for my veggies for the week. Can't wait to get started, and hoping I get some of the fabulous results I'm reading about here.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #8  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post
Good morning

Today is my first full day on IPD. I started yesterday at noon officially (I had eggs for breakfast).

Yesterday I had cream of chicken and broccoli for lunch, dinner was a 5 ounce sirloin and grilled asparagus. I use to hate asparagus, but after forcing myself to keep trying to eat it I actually almost like it now. My snack was ice cream style dark chocolate pudding-I had trouble eating it...wasn't hungry.

This morning I am having the fine herb and cheese omelet. This is my favorite food so far! Have any of you microwaved the omelet to cook it? I travel a lot for work and would love to be able to bring this along and have it for breakfast.

Today I think my challenge will be getting enough water.

Last night I was at target getting a pill holder and saw a cute basket that was designed to hold photos. Its the perfect size for a week's worth of IPD packets!

On a different note, why did the weather think it was funny to snow down here near Philadelphia? Worst April Fools joke ever!
Congrats and welcome to the site and to your new way of living!!! I microwave the omelette all the time. You just need to watch it and stop and stir/chop it up after a minute and then cook a llittle more. It "grows" and will overflow the bowl..LOL My grandson calls them my alien eggs...ROFL
Old 04-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning fellow IP ers,

I want to start posting back because it motivates me to finish this wonderful diet!

Yesterday night I went to the house of my friend who was the shape I used to be, and I brought all my too big close and give it to her! She don't have a lot of money so she was soo excited, I was glad to get rid of those close (Even thought I think they are fabulous!!) but I was even more happy that my friend loved them! She also asked me everything about this diet, we had a IP friendly dinner and it was a fantastic night!

I wish you all a great OP day!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/199/170

Height: 65

* Good Morning Everyone! * Back from Sunny Florida and Still was able to lose 3.5 LBS at my Weigh in! VERY Excited. THis could be the week that I am UNDER 200 ! OMG - the plan seat was very comfy without my big butt! LOL - Love this program! Down 40 in 11 Weeks. TONS of energy! Enjoy the weekend!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
After some disappointment about not seeing any changes in how my clothes fit and such........

I AM WEARING JEANS I COULDN"T ZIP UP 3 WEEKS AGO!!!!!!

they are "stretchy and I have a minor muffin top thing going on (but only when I am sitting"). I am SO diggin' this!!!!

Dancing along with you!!! Great job!!! It was bound to happen SOMEtime soon.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #12  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

GAYA greetings from a fellow (ette) snow viewer... Here in the Poconos it is beautiful BUT IT IS APRIL! Were you here for the Blizzard of '93 on April 3 - 3 feet of the white stuff? Welcome to IP! It is amazing to see pounds drop so quickly! It is so encouraging.

I saw my doc this week (who is not fond of ketosis weight loss programs) and he loved my progress including blood work and tests at 7 weeks. He gave me a huge thumbs up yet wants to be included in my process of getting off of IP some 45 pounds from now. I'm down 26 and lower than I've been in over 20 years. My kids are so excited for me (all grown now) except for the youngest one who only remembers me as my heavier self. She is just plain excited that her Momma is looking so much smaller.

I am actually starting to clean out my closet and drawers. I will do this with abandon because I don't ever plan on coming back to a weight where I will need them. It will cost way to much to replace them so I must must must stay down.

For those who are new, by the 3rd week on IP I had to cut 1/2 of my blood pressure meds out! That may not sound like much but I had to take 9 RX pills a day to keep things under control. I had a heart attack at 53 yrs. Now I am down to 5 RXs a day and the doc wants me to stay alert and soon drop down to 4! That is amazing to me!

TATE thank you for taking the time to address all so many of us. Your words are such an encouragement and please know that I am rooting for you! YOU GO GIRL!

Happy April Fool's Day to all of you... Smile.

Last edited by maykatcooper; 04-01-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added weight tracker
Old 04-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Height: 5'7"

Well...after thinking that everybody on here must be totally crazy! I managed to make the turnip fries that everybody raves about without gagging. They aren't crispy but the taste is sweeter without that nasty aftertaste. AND....I made the kale chips. For the life of me I was not able to imagine how this weed was gonna turn into a chip, but it shrunk up and was very crispy! Kinda like popping a crumpled peice of tissue paper in my mouth but the taste was pretty good! I have switched up from my typical stir fry veggies to oven roasting them and it is a nice change.

Another NSV...had two people ask me last night how I was losing so much weight. They said they didn't recognise me from the back.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #14  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

ANGEL, pizza has been the thing I've missed the most! I've seen the recipes for IP pizza but that is not what I want (WAAAAAAA!). What is silly is that a dill pickle ends the craving! I'm sure it must be salt that is at the root of my craving and possibly truly represents a low potassium level. My IdealToGo coach told me to turn to a dill pickle at those times, so it could also just be the power of suggestion... but it works for me. Smile. My plan when I get to Phase 4 is to have some of the pizza that I really crave but within reason ... which was not a word that used to be in my vocabulary! LOL. See, I'm learning as I lose. Smile. Best and Smart Eating to you...

Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Default Mass Replies...

If I don't respond to you specifically on here, CONGRATS to all NSVs!!! WELCOME to all you newcomers!!! Good luck to everyone for another opportunity to eat and be healthy this weekend!!!

Btw, LOVE the tat idea as a reward. I may consider it, and will post pics if/when!

Calival: I've noticed my inches have been lost in different places at a time. My pants were feeling a little bigger, but my shirts were still fitting the same. You'll get there, I PROMISE! Don't give up!!!

Reema: Sorry about the extra protein!! It's not too bad that you were - it's only about 100 calories or so extra. 2.8 pounds is that much better than you were a week ago - think of what 2.8 pounds of butter looks like, and you don't have that anymore! Next week, you may see even a bigger difference! Also, people who don't have to lose as much weight, tend to not have as big of a weightloss each week.

2RIDERROLLERCOAST: Thanks for the heads up on the WF PB! I figure it's gotta be better than NOTHING. I'll make sure to add salt to it, as Shetaz suggested. And Maybe get some of that yummy davinci pb syrup. I love peanut butter.

Maggiemagu: That's so great (about your teenaged son finally noticing your weight)!!! And your story made me laugh too lol.

Pxlkitty4: I'm with you all the way. Coaches!!! It would be great to get some extra advice!!

Northern Orchard: Definitely gonna have to try that vanilla pudding with the chai!!
Closed Thread