Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/146/120

Height: 5'2.5''

Default Exercising Everyday

I have been using my elliptical machine everyday for 30 minutes, for the past 3 or so weeks.
The other day, I added some new exercises and I am really sore. I skipped using the elliptical this morning and I am feeling so guilty Is this normal?
I plan to get back on track tomorrow.
PinkFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Yes, this happens to me too. I exercise everyday, but sometimes miss a day for one reason or another. Sometimes I just need a rest and I try to just go with it, because out bodies NEED rest sometimes and it's a GOOD thing. One day off is not going to make or break you and most would suggest we should take at least one day off everyweek. Besides muscle building occurs during the body's repair process when we are at rest. So enjoy your day off! and REST! Great job on your success so far!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Yeah, it's normal. I still feel a bit guilty even on planned rest days. I just really enjoy exercise.

I made it work by setting a baseline of must-do. This means my normal routine is to work out M-F, specifically to spin M/W/F and lift T/Th. I can do extra on top of that, but if I'm ever too tired or sick or just whatever, I fall back on the basic routine. Then when I take a break, I cut myself some slack.

So lately I've been doing a Saturday morning run, but it's above and beyond my basic routine. Yesterday I skipped it. It was just too cold. Guilt set in, but I was able to nip in the bud reminding myself that a run yesterday would have been extra.

That's how I deal with guilt, anyway.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

I started going every day to the gym aty one point and days I planned to rest, I would find myself at the gym. For me, doing it every day led to me becoming bored of it as funny as it sounds. So i started doing 2 days work out and 1 day rest and continue like that. My gym membership is almost up and I don't have the money to do what I am looking at (kickboxing) so i will have to work out at home....alone
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #5  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Completely normal, thank goodness. I always feel --- umm -- guilty I guess on my planned days off. Which are Monday's and Thursday's. When I don't go I don't know what to do with myself. One time I went in the morning and when I got home that night from work, I went again.

My gym posts a list of the top 5 members who have worked out the most the previous month. I wanna be on that list!! I wanna be the only FEMALE on that list! LOL
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/146/120

Height: 5'2.5''

Thank you all! I feel better knowing I am not crazy for feeling guilty about taking one day off!!
I lost 1lb on my day off! lol
I didn't feel sore at all this morning so I was able to exercise!!
PinkFairy is offline   Reply With Quote