Old 04-02-2011, 01:55 AM   #1  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default this diet stuff is dangerous.

tonight i made an excellent healthy dinner. roasted tilapia and potatoes seasoned with garlic and herbs, and a small salad with a delicious raspberry vinaigrette. i was so proud of myself for my approx 400 calorie dinner!

until i managed to burn the roof of my mouth with the fish.

then later, since i tend to do my exercises at night, i fired up the DVD player to see how far i could get with billy blanks (ooh that sounds dirty). well, that lasted approximately 15 minutes - yeah, just barely past the warm up and into the bands.

that's when i somehow managed to pull a muscle or something in my thigh.

when i was eating poorly and not exercising i rarely burned my mouth or pulled muscles in my legs. hrm.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #2  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

First, your dinner sounds awesome. I am very impressed with everyone who is able to make yummy, healthy meals while achieving appropriate portions. Im doing a weekly prepared meal service - there no way I would be able to do this without that.

Second, be careful! I am forever burning my mouth on too hot foods/beverages. I'm not great at the whole delayed gratification thing.
ilbnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

Aww no! Just be careful. Don't overdo it with the exercise DVD. And let your food cool down before you eat it! I agree though, your dinner sounds delicious!
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

lol--dinner sounds yum.

your story reminds me of a friend several years ago that used to complain about her boob job and her ongoing problems w her mercedes...I finally said to her, "you know I dont have problems with my B Cups or my Mazda." LOL!

Keep up your good work. I am sure you will agree your new problems are better than the old ones. I know I feel that way.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 04-02-2011 at 05:44 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Awwww Your dinner sounds yummy. Also, back when I ate like crap I can't even begin to count the times that I burned my mouth on things like pizza rolls. I hope your mouth and leg feel better.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

What's that song...

Momma told me there'd be days like this!!!

Dinner sounds delish. My problem is my fish goes cold while I fix the sides. I can't get it to all come out done at the same time.

Hope you have time to rest that leg. Its bound to be sore for a while.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #7  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

haha. the leg seems to be doing okay this morning, however the roof of my mouth is still tender.

dixc - when i do potatoes with fish, i usually have boiled a bunch of them the day before so they warm quickly and easily. last night i seasoned then wrapped the fish and the (boiled and diced) potato in a foil pouch (i LOVE cooking with foil, makes cleanup a breeze). stick it in the oven for like 10-15 minutes on 350 (depends on the amount of food in the pouch, and the meat - chicken takes longer!). that way everything is hot and ready to go right out of the oven.

edit: the foil will also keep everything warm if you're making other sides on the stove top. such a handy cooking tool!

Last edited by konfyoozed; 04-02-2011 at 09:30 AM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote