Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge Free Challenge 3.28.11 - 4.3.11 Let's finish March Strong!

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!!

This is a place where you can come in and talk about binging. Feel free to post about your successes and your struggles and keep track of how many days you've been binge free. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other.

No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!! Please do not hesitate to post your feelings. Jump right in head first!!! We WILL catch you!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #2  
Miss Melissa

S/C/G: 284/269/165

Height: 5'9

Thank goodness this is the start of a new week! Last week my uncle died and I had some major conflict with my DH. And then after doing so well without a binge it hit me like a ton of bricks. I ate so much I threw up! UGH I hate this..... I need to find a way to cope with LIFE without doing this to myself, but today is a new day and I am starting over.
MelissaMartiinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #3  

29! determined to get through march binge free, only 4 days to go!! (including today)
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Got through Day 1. Had Reeses PB cups for breakfast but only had 3 (I got a bag in the mail at work from the U.S.). Already feel the crack-addict symptoms, but I'm pretty determined to not make tomorrow Day 1 again.

After over a week of helter-skelter mindless sugar consumption and overeating, I was only up 1.5 kg on the scale. As of today I am just about 10 pounds heavier than I was on my birthday. On my birthday I was checking myself out naked in mirrors. 10 pounds can come off in just a few weeks if I don't binge. I need to remember that.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #5  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

binging is my biggest obstacle. i was waiting for a new week of this thread to roll around. i've been binge free for 2 weeks now (since i started my most recent attempt at losing the weight) and i'm hoping to keep it going!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Ah *******it! Tomorrow is going to be Day 1. I have crossed the line between grazing and binging somewhere.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #7  
struggling through it all

S/C/G: 139/136.6(Apr)->137.4/115

TOMORROW IS DAY 1 AND I'M STICKING TO MAKE IT THROUGH ONE WEEK THIS TIME!!!!
tubbaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:47 AM   #8  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

There are cookies n sweets everywhere my family is visiting.... No binges but already ate out twice with everyone, been making sure to get my veggies in and moderation on the sweets...
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Day 10 done yesterday.

Tamara and Vixon: thank you for weighing in with your thoughts. It is really interesting and helpful to hear that recognizing and responding to your triggers is the key. I am going to challenge myself to really pay attention when I feel like binging: what is going through my head? What am I really feeling? What do I think that binging will fulfill for me?
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #10  

Day 2. Yesterday was really good. I stayed right on plan and had a great workout. Sundays are always so easy for me though, even though I'm home. During the week, if I work from home, it's the total opposite - i can't stop eating. I have NO idea why this is. Same house, same food options, yet Sundays are just ... easy.

Last week I only had 3 good days. (I keep track on a chart I made and give myself a smiley face if I stayed on plan and last week I got only 3.)

I still haven't really figured out ALL the reasons why I binge, but stress is certainly one of them. Saturday I think it was being tired and bored. I had gone out dancing the night before and for some reason only slept 2 hours. Yet I couldn't take a nap either. (Believe me, I tried.) So even though I said outloud to my BF "I think I"m so hungry today because I'm so tired", I said it on the way to the kitchen for another snack.

Somehow I need to take control this week. I can't go on beating up on myself so much every day. It's not good. Thank you for these threads!!
Just 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #11  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!

Sounds like we had an overall good weekend. A big welcome to the new folks here! This is a great place for support and understanding.

Today is Day 170 for me. It makes me smile.

Hi Mandy! I'm glad you're here! There will always be a new week's thread. Welcome aboard and hop right on in! We're glad to have you! Great job on 2 weeks! That's a big milestone!! Celebrate it!

Just 10: There is no need to thank me for the thread. We're all in this together. This thread just gives us an easy place to come and get a hug when we need one. Congrats on Day 2!!

Desire: That's a great attitude! It's not easy, but sometimes we just have to make the best choices we can with what is presented to us.

Tubbaki: One day at a time. You're doing great! You're planning and that's key.

Krampus: Hang in there. Get right back on the horse. You're doing great!

Icedragon: 30 days today! Congrats!!

Melissa: I am sorry to hear about your uncle. Please be kind to yourself as you go through this hard time. Try to remember that you ARE worthy of being happy too.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

319!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 267/191.4/160

Height: 5'8

I would like to join you ladies please! I need a challenge to keep me motivated to stop binging. My biggest hurdle is coming home from work and the 3 min it takes to heat up my dinner, I can do a lot of damage to my fridge. Sooo, March 28th, day 1 binge free!
romainelettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Day 7!

Romainelettuce, welcome!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #15  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

no binging yesterday! even though i was given the perfect opportunities!

i went out with a friend of mine, and we went to a super walmart to pick up some essentials. they have food out EVERYWHERE. all that easter candy on sale. huge candy aisle. the delicious smelling rotisserie chickens. and a subway at the front of the store...

i made it through with my only 'candy' purchase being a peppermint patty! (140 cals/3g fat) i figured since it wasn't enough to send me off plan, and i didn't buy a bag and eat the whole thing, it's not a binge right? just a little treat i allowed myself (that's my story and i'm sticking to it!). then we went to the subway and i ordered, what i think, is a very healthy sub choice (ham and turkey with spinach, lettuce, onions, green peppers, honey mustard and a teeny bit of light mayo). and i got the foot long. my plan was to eat half for dinner and save the other half for lunch the next day... and i did it! i didn't eat the whole thing! i had half of the sub with a fat free yogurt, a mini rice krispy treat, and a diet peach green tea.

i feel like i passed a test!

p.s. HI SUSAN! glad you decided to join us here!

Last edited by konfyoozed; 03-28-2011 at 12:49 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote