South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-31-2011, 11:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/169/149

Height: 5'5"

Default Loss of appetite... did you experience this?

I'm just starting phase 1 (today was day 4), and I've completely lost my appetite. I don't just mean I'm not having cravings/I'm not wanting to eat out of boredom... I mean I cannot bring myself to eat half of the food I've brought with me for the day, and the other half I force down out of necessity. Some of these things I'm not super crazy about but would still eat on occasion (i.e., eggs), others I love but they still don't sound good.

I tracked my calories yesterday just out of curiosity, and they came in just under 1200. Today I ate even less. I've never experienced this before. Anything I consider eating turns my stomach just thinking about it :/

My thought is that my body is just reacting to the changes I've made, but I don't feel like the changes have been that drastic. The only real difference is that anywhere I would have eaten fruit, I've added protein instead. Otherwise there hasn't been a dramatic change in my eating habits

Has anyone else experienced this?
AriRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:51 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

It's pretty common. Maybe try experimenting with different recipes? I bet you'll get past it within a week and be eating on a normal schedule again. Don't stress about it and roll with the punches.
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Really try to eat foods that you like that are allowed. Don't force yourself to eat certain foods because you "should." And, replacing fruit with protein can indeed have a radical effect on your appetite and cravings. I am beginning to believe that fruit is just really not great for me personally because of the cravings it spikes. Apples were deadly.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/169/149

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the input, ladies. I'm certainly not complaining about the lack of cravings. It's just weird to not have any interest in food!
AriRuns is offline   Reply With Quote