Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #1  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Default Weight Loss Goal For April.

I was trying to find a thread that had already been started and don't see one anywhere (if there is please lead me to it).

I am aiming for 10 pounds. I always make what I consider lofty goals (I average about 3 pounds a month lately) but I am shooting for 10.

What are your goals for April?
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

By the end of April I want to be firmly in the 130's and hopefully near the 135 mark.

This morning I saw 142.5 on the scale and that was a great moment, as it was down one pound from my previous low a couple of weeks ago!!

It made me feel like it is do-able. I know that numbers on the scale are only one indicator, but it seems to mean so much when you break through another 10 pound marker. Also, I know that in the mid 130's is when I drop down a pant size.
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I hope to be in onederland by May. 10lbs in 1 month is pretty ambitious considering how my weight is getting lower, but I think I can do it if I really apply myself.

Last edited by Linsy; 04-01-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #4  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

My goal for 1 May is 194. I'll be happy with anything in the 190s though, even if I don't make it to my goal. I think 8.85lbs in a month is doable, if I really work hard at it.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #5  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

I want to be near the 40s. I am 159 right now and have been for a few days. I have been losing 1-2 pounds a week so even if I get to 150.1 I would be completely satisfied with my progress. I think it will be hard but doable. I am taking a class monday nights and going to up my work out schedule and eat more salads than I have in my whole life.
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #6  
Beach Babe Wannabe

Thanks for the posts!
Maybe we should also start a thread to encourage each other.

A couple of you are going for close to 10 pounds like me. Yeah!

Linsy! I will be cheering for you! Onederland by May! Very exciting.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #7  
Beach Babe Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrbeck View Post
I want to be near the 40s. I am 159 right now and have been for a few days. I have been losing 1-2 pounds a week so even if I get to 150.1 I would be completely satisfied with my progress. I think it will be hard but doable. I am taking a class monday nights and going to up my work out schedule and eat more salads than I have in my whole life.
I hear you on the salad front.
I have been doing exactly that. I munched on radishes yesterday for my late afternoon snack and actually really liked them.

I am also going to figure out a couple of good salad dressing recipes. I just got a REALLY good bottle of balsamic vinegar and a bag of frozen mixed berries. I don't like olive oil much for dressing so I am thinking a bit of mac nut oil or walnut oil and I could have a great berry balsamic vinaigrette!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

My goal is modest: keep tracking calories.

I've been on this rollercoaster too many times. I've told myself that it was a lifestyle change, which I kept up for a few months, and then went back to my old evil ways. So this time I'm starting slow. Very slow. But as long as I keep it up, I'll be happy.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #9  
~Kim~

I'll be happy with 8lbs lost. Anything over that will be a bonus. =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #10  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

According to my home scale, I'm down five pounds for week one. I have my official weigh in tomorrow. If the five pounds holds true, I'll be starting April at 274. I REALLY want to see 260 by May 1st. I know 14 pounds is a high number for one month, but I've realized this week from tracking just how many crappy calories I've been putting into my body each day. I'm committed to staying on the RIGHT track from here on out, and I know that when I start a program, I have about a six week "honeymoon" where my body sheds like crazy. I need to maximize my progress now. Once I get to May 1st, I'll be hoping for 8 pounds per month. Much more reasonable.
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Runundefined, I actually just had a really simple but yummy salad. Bagged iceberg drizzled with some oil, a few splashes of red wine vinegar and some basil+pepper.

I ordered a tri-tip salad at a restaurant a few weeks back and the dressing was to die for...it was like a sweet vinaigrette. I probably shouldn't have eaten it because I don't eat sugar and it was probably full of it, but it was fabulous! I should ask whats in it and try to imitate the recipe with Splenda.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I hope to be firmly at 147.5. Weird number i know, but the last time i looked good, that's the weight i remember being.

It should be doable. This morning i weighed in at 152 but i was probably a bit dehydrated from a lot of exercise yesterday, so i'm guessing tomorrow i'll weigh in around 153-154. So i need to lose 5-7 pounds.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #13  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I WAS hoping to be 199 by 4/30, but that is NOT going to happen, lol... So I'm hoping to be in the 2-0-X's... Even 209 would be great. I've been loosing a steady 2lbs a week for the past few weeks, so I'm hoping that keeps up. I'm hoping to be 215 for my weekly weigh in tomorrow... Even though I just had sushi for lunch, .
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #14  
Beach Babe Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaP916 View Post
According to my home scale, I'm down five pounds for week one. I have my official weigh in tomorrow. If the five pounds holds true, I'll be starting April at 274. I REALLY want to see 260 by May 1st. I know 14 pounds is a high number for one month, but I've realized this week from tracking just how many crappy calories I've been putting into my body each day. I'm committed to staying on the RIGHT track from here on out, and I know that when I start a program, I have about a six week "honeymoon" where my body sheds like crazy. I need to maximize my progress now. Once I get to May 1st, I'll be hoping for 8 pounds per month. Much more reasonable.
Ya.. 14 pounds sounds like a high goal but why not shoot for it. I feel that way about a 10 pound goal.
I agree that tracking calories REALLY can open your eyes. I just recently realized after finally measuring my pasta that I am eating almost twice as much as I thought I was. I thought after all this time I would be better at "eye balling" my portions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsy View Post
Runundefined, I actually just had a really simple but yummy salad. Bagged iceberg drizzled with some oil, a few splashes of red wine vinegar and some basil+pepper.

I ordered a tri-tip salad at a restaurant a few weeks back and the dressing was to die for...it was like a sweet vinaigrette. I probably shouldn't have eaten it because I don't eat sugar and it was probably full of it, but it was fabulous! I should ask whats in it and try to imitate the recipe with Splenda.
I am SURE you could whip something up very much the same with Splenda. I am working on a berry basil lime balsamic splenda combo right now. I want a salad with red onion and grapefruit and tomato with a half avocado. I am so ready for Summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
I WAS hoping to be 199 by 4/30, but that is NOT going to happen, lol... So I'm hoping to be in the 2-0-X's... Even 209 would be great. I've been loosing a steady 2lbs a week for the past few weeks, so I'm hoping that keeps up. I'm hoping to be 215 for my weekly weigh in tomorrow... Even though I just had sushi for lunch, .
I have Sushi pretty often.. I have a veggie roll and split my husband's spicy tuna with him. My place makes a really good veggie hand roll with avocado. I love extra pickled ginger in it. It's like a serious treat and I can't believe I can eat them and lose weight!

Last edited by Runundefined; 04-01-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #15  
Working at it

S/C/G: 180/tracker/115

I'm aiming for a 10 lb loss...
ktgk is offline   Reply With Quote