Old 04-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Red face Gained 30lbs back :(

How to get back on track?! Yes I'm disappointed that I let myself gain the weight back and I blame my bf lol since I got with him it's when the weight piled on because he happens to love fast food and he made me an addict of fast food now and soda! Gee why did I get into a relationship! Dont get me wrong though I love him just not the part of gaining almost 30lbs will being with him. The blame is mainly on me though I forget that I have control of my body And what I choose to eat! Gee I wish I didn't gain all that back though cause I could of been looking good in some spring dresses now! I weigh about 190 now ah just like starting over again never thought I would gain so much weight back so now time to redo the work to look and feel good!My little rant to get me back on track btw I been MIA but now I'm back yay!
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #2  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

Welcome back.

It's incredibly hard to be on plan if your significant other isn't doing the same. I'm lucky in that my boyfriend is also trying to lose weight too and he likes my cooking.

You did it once.. you can do it again
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Welcome back!

You can't blame anyone but yourself for the choices you make. From the beginning you should have spoken to him about you're life style change. If he chooses to eat out all the time that's his problem but you of course don't need to go out and eat with him every single time. If he's not on the same track as you that's too bad not everyone is going to be. Thats the whole thing about life you are always going to have obstacles You can choose to say no, maybe start cooking for each other healthier meals instead of constantly going out. Sit him down and talk to him about it, that probably won't change anything and he'll continue to be set on his ways but you don't need to follow in his unhealthy eating pattern.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/246/110

Height: 5'3"

I have also gained 30 lbs but wat caused mine was a break-up :/ it just kept piling on & I just kept thinkn oh i'll diet next week i'll walk next week & when the time came I was always too lazy. How time flies & then it feels like all of a sudden the weight just packed it self on. It's better that we catch on to it now than later! if we did it before we can do it again! GOOD LUCK
cherry7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 206.8/168.9/115

Height: 5' 5"

I did something similar myself. I was up in the high 170s and lost about 30lbs in 4 months...then hooked up with my bf (now ex) and gained it all back in about a year. Then lost about 20 and gained it back...It's really hard to say no when the foods that you enjoy are constantly in your face!!

Now, on the other hand, I am constantly in situations where there is cake involved (lol) and my good friend likes to indulge quite often, but I have NO problem saying no to food that isn't good for my weight loss and isn't vegan. Commitment is the key!

Keep posting here, it really helps you stay connected to why you are trying to lose weight and get fit! I disappeared off 3FC while I was gaining it back and I really believe that if I would have reached out for support then, I wouldn't be trying to lose it ALL, all over again.

All the best!
WannabeNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

The same thing happened to me! I had lost around 30 lbs then I met this guy who loved fast food and he'd always order us a crap ton of food. It was wonderful to be with a guy who actually liked larger girls but dang it was bad for me because I gained back almost all the weight. I guess it's the downside of love lol
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #7  
Looking for my mini-me ;)

S/C/G: 189/185/130

You did such a good job last time, I'm sure you can do it again! We need to hook up once again. Specially since our significant others are not much of a support. lol Guys think that they can eat anything and I hate how they never have to loath themselves after. My hubby will get hungry at night and will just go out and get fast food and won't shut up until I eat with him! haha Don't worry girly I'm always here for you!
gjkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/183/140 (lowest 168)

Height: 5'7

I met my ex 5 years ago and was 207lbs in 2006 (freshly down from 240). By the time we broke up three years later in 2009 I was 286lbs. @_@

Don't make the same mistake I did LOL.
It's been a nightmare to lose.

Fast food and pop just destroy your body, turn it around while it's a manageable number, you can do it!
Panacea86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #9  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

It's too late to think about what caused the weight gain. Those were your happy times and during those times a lot of us tend to regain the weight. The downside of love is weight gain for some but you can still turn it back around.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

Cheerios - I DID THE SAME THING!!! AND, we were both at about the same "low weight" and i'm now at 195 again!! I know you originally posted this back in April, but I'd like to know if you've made any progress??? I've just recently gotten back on track and started going to the gym regularly...haven't gotten on the scale in a couple weeks, but I know i've been doing good....like others have said, YOU DID IT ONCE, YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!!! AND WE WILL!!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #11  

You'll get back into it, you just have to start NOW! Not tomorrow, not on Monday, NOW!! And never look back!

You did it before, so you can do it again and learn from your mistake and this time, keep it off!!
khat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #12  

Update: I haven't lost any weight but I managed to gain it's like a omg moment reading this post again imagining if I set out to what I wanted to do in the beginning I would be looking good and feeling good right now! I just returned to 3fc again and to anyone reading this DON'T EVER GIVE UP AND STAY WITH THE COMMUNITY OF 3FC IF YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT I just wanted to say that because when I first lost 30lbs it was from the help and support from the 3FC community and when I stopped signing in to get help and support I gained like crazy!!! Thankyou girls for all the support and you all will be seeing me around more
Old 09-21-2011, 01:36 AM   #13  

Oh yeah I'm still with the bf he's munching on popcorn right now lol but he wants to lose weight with me too without me making him so that's a plus yay!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

YEAH!! WHAT SHE SAID!!! 3FC IS THE KEY!!!!

I TOTALLY agree with you Cheerios!! I stopped signing in last September and that's when I started gaining! After stepping on the scale and seeing the 190's AGAIN, I finally said enough is enough!! I signed back on and taadaa, my motivation is back!! All it takes is reading through some of the goal & mini goal threads...seeing people make progress...seeing that i'm not the only one who fell off the wagon...getting the encouragement from other people who know what it's like....ITS ALL RIGHT HERE!! 3FC IS THE BEST!!!

did I get my point across?!?! LoL Good Luck Cheerios!! If I can get back into the grove, SO CAN YOU!! We can do it together!!!! I'm a calorie counter...currently in a Halloween Challenge...you should join
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #15  

Awesome send me the link and I'll join!!!