South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Daily Chat for Friday, April 1

Happy April Fools Day! My office mate stuck a note on her computer reminding her that if anyone is really, really annoying her today, it might be an April Fools joke and to remember that before she flies off the handle. I need to keep that in mind too.

I've continued with my very conscious efforts to drink 100 oz of water per day and I want to report that I have lost 5 lbs since last week. I did not record my weight last Friday because I had literally gained 4.8 lbs in one week and it was not even TOM. I was sick and retaining water and not drinking enough. I even cheated a lot last weekend when we were away and this week I am still down from the week before last. So, drink your water!! It really makes a difference.

Today - work, and then my sitter is bringing my son to my office and he and I are going over to friends for take out dinner. DH will meet us there. Tomorrow we have NOTHING planned really, and Sunday just a brunch with friends after church. Very low key - excellent. I've done alot of the cooking for Sunday too already - made quinoa for the salad, cooked black beans in the crock pot for the bean dish. Just have to grill chicken and mix the veggies into the quinoa and beans.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy April! I've been really down about the cruddy March weather and bought myself a big bunch of deep pink tulips yesterday. They sure help the blues.

I'm off to Kingston today for some tests, one of them being my hearing. I think I can hear just fine but have difficulty in crowds as all conversation sort of blurs. Maybe I'll get one of those old-fashioned ear trumpets to go with my old lady in a wee village image. Just kidding! Tomorrow afternoon, the dogs go to the kennel and I take off for dinner and theatre in Ottawa. Elaine, my psuedo-grand daughter, is in Little Shop of Horrors and I just "have to be there". I'm a bit of a theatre snob so am hoping it's not too amateur.

April is a jam-packed month and I'm sorry I just looked at the calendar! I guess it's time to just get on with it.

Enjoy your TGIF and beware of the April Fools!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning! We got snow last night and now it's raining! UGH! Where is my spring??? Looooong day of work yesterday and another one for today. Going to get a leg workout in there somewhere (not too heavy, I'm trying for c25k w1d3 tomorrow). And away we go.....
Old 04-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!

Be careful not to pull any pranks today on your coworker, Matilda! Especially since she's already pre-warned everyone! Congratulations on your big weightloss! All that water really does make a difference, and I've been mindful about upping my intake, too.

It's wet and ugly out this morning, but at least it's not snowing. Snow in April is just wrong. I have to run a few errands this morning and may pick up some groceries, but I'm not in a hurry to get out in the weather. This afternoon my brothers and I are accompanying my parents to Mom's doctor appointment. I don't know what the rest of the weekend will bring, but I hope there's something fun in it.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:40 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Old 04-01-2011, 06:40 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

I hope everything goes smoothly this afternoon Cottage. Let us know how things turn out.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:42 AM   #7  

RUTH!!!!

Matilda, thanks, and I'll keep you all informed, whatever the news is.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #8  

Jake just came in and said it's snowing.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a little dusting of snow here but apparently lots at home. DW has a snow day. I really hope it all melts before I get home. I've seen enough this year!

Mathilda - Thanks for the reminder about water. I've slacked off on mine too but am getting back on track.

Ruth - I'm glad there are some fun plans in your busy month.

kmac - What do you do for leg workouts? I'm always looking for new ideas

Cottage - I'm glad everyone can be at the appointment. It helps to have extra ears in the room.

I'm not sure what's on our agenda. We had a full day of thrifting planned but Dad is having a minor issue (well minor in not serious but he can't hear so very annoying for everyone) and they might need to run to the doctor this morning. The dog got in trouble again last night. He gets over excited when I'm here. I feel sorry for him but he says he will be good today

Happy Friday friends!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Which I could hang out but we slept late and need to hit the road very soon. It's just a matter of enjoying some coffee then throwing a few things in the car....it was a morning when I had to check and see if Rudi was still breathing...his paws are warm.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #11  
Be happy.

Good morning!

It's a snow day here, too. Not much snow on the ground yet (maybe an inch and a half?) but the wind is howling like mad and making the house shudder. I sure hope we won't loose power. If I have to make today up in June I want to at least enjoy the day at home today. The good news is they've lowered the predicted snowfall totals. We're down from 12 - 18 to 10 - 14 inches now. I'm hoping they're being overly dramatic.

Matilda, I also want to thank you for the water reminder. I've been slacking a little on that lately, too. I'll pay attention this weekend and then probably use "Drink more water" as my weekly goal. It sounds like you've got a nice evening planned. Have fun!

Ruth, thanks for the graphic. I love April Fools Day in the kindergarten and I'm missing out on all that silly fun today.

Linda, from here I can see my tulips on the table with the snow blowing outdoors in the background. LOL You're right though, they really do lift my spirits and remind me that spring really is going to show up one of these days.

Kristen, I'm sorry about your snow - will the rain wash it all away for you?

Cyndi, I'm sorry about your Dad's hearing issue. I hope you and your mom will get to do something fun today even if there is a doctor's appt scheduled into the day. I smiled when I read about the dog. My little dog is as good as gold EXCEPT when my daughter is home for a visit. We're never sure if she's just incredibly happy to have Bethie home again or if there's a bit of jealousy involved.

Hi Debbie - have a safe drive this morning! Lucky Rudy sleeping so soundly, eh? Sorry if he gave you a scare though!

Have a great day, friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 04-01-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey chicks, It has been so hard to get out of bed this week, and my muscles are cramping when I take my walks, plus I'm walking so slow. I'm sure it's tough for my walking buddy. So I think I've definitely crossed over into hypothyroid-land. Not due back to the doctor for 3 weeks though, maybe I'll see if I can get in early.
We had a nice birthday dinner out with DD1 and her boyfriend last night. Food choices all good, but I had a margarita. They have the best margaritas at this place, couldn't resist.
Not much planned for the weekend except the usual chores and running around. I've got a hair appt, and will probably take DD2 shopping for spring clothes. Maybe we'll see Rango. Anybody seen it? Is it worthwhile?
Gray and drizzly here, but no snow. Although some parts of MD are getting it, unless they are pranking us.
Allright, last push into the weekend. Let's do this thing, chicks.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

Good morning all. Last night I attended an hr long Zumba class and loved it! I can't wait til next week. I really wish it was offered more! I weighed in today with a 3 pound loss since last Saturday so I am very happy today. Normally I wouldn't weigh until Saturday but I wanted to know my starting weight for April.

Working today, gym tonight, open house tomorrow for several vendors, dd has a bday party to attend, I have a baby shower and then tomorrow night kids go to their father's house. Sunday I believe will be a house cleaning day along with going to the gym.

Yesterday I wanted to eat all day but refrained! I hope today goes easier. Everyone have a wonderful day!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

I just cannot believe it is April already! Seems the older I get, the faster time flies. I'm quite fuzzy-headed this morning and suspect it might be the "non-drowsy" antihistamine I took last night. Either my cold is still lingering or I now am having an unusually bad spring allergy bout. Darn post nasal drip

Off to the gym to workout with my mom then home for cardio. That's as much as I have thought about so far!

Have a great day.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I loathe April Fools Day. That's all I have to say about that. (But Ruthie, that was pretty funny lol)

Here's a pic of my step-daughter that I wanted to share with you all. Her mom took it and posted it on FB, and I saw it this morning and went....... She is SO gorgeous! Bear in mind, she's 12. But still. Chris is going to have a stroke when she's in high school and all the boys are chasing her.

Woke up to the scale FINALLY deciding it liked me ok and dropping 2 lbs. 8 lbs to go! I sure am trying, but March was a rough month. Don't think I'm going to make it by Easter, but still going to try for the end of the month. Two pounds per week shouldn't be TOO hard, theoretically, if I stay OP. (That's the hard part.)

Well, I'm feeling pretty unmotivated but I suppose I should get some work done. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Anna0411.jpg (36.1 KB, 9 views)
Closed Thread