Old 03-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default Losing The "Baby" Weight

My moment of clarity... I've said in the past that I needed to lose the weight I gained when I got pregnant. My baby is 122 months old. After that long, I kinda think it's no longer baby weight.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/189.6/143

Height: 5'4"

Tell me about it! My baby just turned 3, and I STILL weigh almost the same as I did the day he was born!!!
Scoutieout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

No matter how it comes on, the important thing is that it comes back off
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:45 PM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm working on that too! DD is over 2 years old but I still have 17lbs to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight... I just want to scream LIARS to all those people who said nursing takes it right off (she nursed 2 years!).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:03 PM   #5  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

LOL @ 122 months old!

My oldest is 2 and I'm working on baby weight from him. What's the cutoff where it's no longer baby weight? Have I passed it?
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/178/140

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Me too mine is 2 and a half and I didnt lose a pound after birth I weighed the same the day before birth as I did the day after it sucked! I am now about 10-15 lbs heavier my motabolism changed entirly after being prego. I can't eat the way I use to and I was never a very unhealthy eater to begin with. Stopped eating fast food in high school @ 16(until I met my hubby (@22) he is part of my problem lol he would eat fried food with a side of fried food if I let him but at 6 foot he stays at an even 210 butthead lol) Now I need to go back to NEVER eating fast food for any reason! and cut out the sweets! and pray it will work.
Good luck to you all!
Sonjae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Haha! Awesome. That made me smile.

I've gotten rid of all the weight from my second. Now I'm working on the "baby" weight from my son (3 1/2 years old).
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

LMAO @ 122 months old. Mine is actually 122 months old too (Jan 2001 baby?)

Yes, it is time to get my baby weight off as well.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
I'm working on that too! DD is over 2 years old but I still have 17lbs to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight... I just want to scream LIARS to all those people who said nursing takes it right off (she nursed 2 years!).
Do you have PCOS by chance? Just curious because I experienced the same thing and have heard that PCOSers do not lose weight with nursing.

And yeah, my baby will be 10 in September.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
I just want to scream LIARS to all those people who said nursing takes it right off (she nursed 2 years!).
+1. Look at my siggie, I gained 45 pounds in dd's first year, nursing on demand! I guess if I hadn't been nursing, I probably would have gained even more. No, maybe I wouldn't have been hungry as a hostage, and wouldn't have eaten as much!

Anyway, it took me until almost her 3rd bday to take it off. I seriously feel ya'll on this!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #11  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Do you have PCOS by chance? Jus. t curious because I experienced the same thing and have heard that PCOSers do not lose weight with nursing.

And yeah, my baby will be 10 in September.
Honestly, I don't know? I had cysts a few years ago right before I got pregnant with DD. But they weren't small cysts like I hear is common for PCOS. Rather, I had a large cyst that turned into a tumor and I had to have an ovary removed. Since then I've never had a cyst again (I've had multiple ultrasounds during moments of panic). Even though I'm heavier than when that happened my diet is significantly better so I'm hoping whatever cause it in the first place has been eliminated from my diet. So I'm not sure if that qualifies me for PCOS or not? FWIW, I was diagnosed in a non-English speaking country so the term PCOS was never used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodforme View Post
+1. Look at my siggie, I gained 45 pounds in dd's first year, nursing on demand! I guess if I hadn't been nursing, I probably would have gained even more. No, maybe I wouldn't have been hungry as a hostage, and wouldn't have eaten as much!

Anyway, it took me until almost her 3rd bday to take it off. I seriously feel ya'll on this!
Yep, I was STARVING that first year. Post-partum I lost about 35lbs initially, but gained 20lbs back quickly because I was just so hungry. DD was always in the 95th percentile range and nursed around the clock almost right up until we weaned her at 2. She didn't even eat solids hardly at all her first year so between being constantly hungry and having pretty much no chance to exercise I was doomed. I'm hoping next time around I have more family support and at least make better food choices when I'm starving.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:54 PM   #12  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammasita View Post
LMAO @ 122 months old. Mine is actually 122 months old too (Jan 2001 baby?)

Yes, it is time to get my baby weight off as well.

Yep, she was born Jan 18, 2001

hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #13  
drinking lots of water!

S/C/G: 231.5/215/130

Height: 5'4"

My baby is 7 months and I am 15 pounds from my pre-preg weight, which isn't too too bad considering I gained 60! I want to try for another this summer but before I do I want to get down to 175 by the end of August...think it can be done???? I"m going to do it!!!!!! Almost 50 pounds in 5 months....I hope so! Good luck ladies!
IslaAzure is offline   Reply With Quote