Old 03-31-2011, 07:21 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Thursday, 31 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 30 March 2011
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:49 AM   #2  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

I too must admit, I am a "scale whore"! I weight at least 3 times a day. Morning when I get up, when I get home from work and before I go to bed. Sometimes I do it for fun in between. It's crazy I know, but I like to see the numbers. My scale keeps the previous 5 readings and a grand total since I started. I only register my morning WI's for it to log. I like to see the numbers go up or down, just to see how my weight changes throughout the day. Maybe we should start "SWA" group. (Scale Whore's Annonymous)!

Good morning all my fellow, virtual IP friends. I had WI 12 today and I was a happy camper. DOWN 5#'s. I feel I have a firm grasp on this protocol with using my alternate products. Amazing!

NSV's yesterday. There was a vendor at work that I had not seen since I started IP in January. I walked by him and he said nothing. As I came back, he told me that he did not recognize me and that he was amazed by how much weight I have lost. Good feeling!

The other NSV was yesterday at my weekly poker game that has a few new faces there. Everyone drinks beer while playing and I miss that but have water and one of my protein drinks. It is usually never talked about, but a side bet was made for a grande breakfast burrito between 2 other players. I made a comment that I would love one of those. They said they would get me one too and I told them it was not allowed on my diet. I immediately got laughs and poked fun of from the 2 new guys. Saying "you are on a diet, what are you a woman?" Didn't bother me at all. One of the regulars said "if you would have saw him 3 months ago, you would be suprised at how much weight he has lost. He looks great and besides you should probably not make fun of someone who has lost 70lbs and is still bigger than you!" I said thanks and we continued on. Great night, they all did ask me how I was affording new clothes. I said, "you all are paying for them with the money I win at poker each week." Won $75 last night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Good luck with your weigh in!! Has anyone taken you up on your challenge for the "bikini/speedo challenge"? I thought about it, but I am a slow loser, and even with your birthday cheat, I don't think I will beat you.

No one has taken me up on my challenge that I know of yet. I was just doing it to spice it up a bit. Extra motivation. Any takers? When does this challenge actually start? April 1 or when?

Have a wonderful 100% protocol day! Git r dun!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:29 AM   #3  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Juiceman, congrats on the loss and the NSV's, I love your response to the poker guys, they are paying for your new wardrobe. lol.

I had a good WI on Tuesday, down 3.8lbs

NSV - On the weekend I brought my leather jackets to Danier leather to see if they could be sized down. I ended up puchasing a new fall/spring jacket (only $25 more than the price of alterations) to replace my 3x with.. a Med! Then to top off the day, I went into one of my old clothing stores, penningtons. When I walked in, the sales person asked if I was shopping for me or a gift. When I said for me, she looked at me and said "oh we start at 14, I am not sure we have anything small enough for you" I could have kissed her!

Wishing everyone a great IP day. Good luck with WI's!
Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:45 AM   #4  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I've been shopping in my closet lately. There seem to be all these clothes that I threw on the floor in disgust at some point. Now they fit! Planning to keep the wardrobe "lean" for a while. I need to go through this weekend and get rid of all the things that are too big. I plan to donate those so that it's very expensive to be that heavy again. I also need to line up things that I still own that are another size down (put those in a special box with a big smiley face on it), and only hang up/put away clothes that fit me now. Can't wait for the weekend when I have time to do this... Is anyone else planning to go to a minimal closet? I think even when I am at goal weight, I like the idea of having just enough clothes to get by and have good mix/match options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Good morning all!

Then to top off the day, I went into one of my old clothing stores, penningtons. When I walked in, the sales person asked if I was shopping for me or a gift. When I said for me, she looked at me and said "oh we start at 14, I am not sure we have anything small enough for you" I could have kissed her!

Wishing everyone a great IP day. Good luck with WI's!
That's a fantastic story! Congratulations.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Good morning IP friends. Have a busy day ahead but as usual started my day with you guys. WI 11 and lost 1.8 lbs. Not great but then had to go find a pair of pants to wearto a party and OMG!!! First pair I tried on and they fit. A size 12, I thought I had grabbed a 14!!! I have never just tried a pair of pants and been happy. Did the skinny dance and smiled awhile!!! I may not see it in numbers every week but do see a change in my body!!

Congrats to all the losers this week!!!

Stay strong and be proud.
rulemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

[B]juiceman! i love your post about the poker buddies! Also, fill me in on this bikini challenge... i missed it. but i just ordered 2 bikinis yesterday!!! woohoo- never thought i'd be doing that again! I've been selling my too big/old clothes on ebay in order to buy new stuff that fits! Too bad i'm not very good at poker.

Last edited by debonadiet; 03-31-2011 at 09:04 AM.
debonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning fellow IPers! The sun is shining here it will be another beautiful day! Congrats on the smaller sizes!! It is always wonderful to find a new place to shop, from a new store to your own closet.

I was wondering the same thing to Juiceman. Does April challenge start tomarrow? This will be fun seeing that we have only about 2 months before swimsuit season kicks off!!

Everyone have a wonderful 100% protocol day!!

Best Wishes
Jaclyn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

AND-- As of today... I've lost 20 pounds!!! Only 12 more to go! Even though it's taken me almost 3 months to do it, I'm thrilled. I know it's working and will continue to work!
debonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:06 AM   #9  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

I can't believe it. After being ADDICTED to this site, I missed the entire day yesterday. A work crisis threw me off completely!

I didn't end up eating anything off protocol, but didn't eat much at all for the day. Of course I'll probably pay for it today since I have WI #7 this afternoon. Between the stress and lack of food I'll probably pay. I'll let you know this evening...
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #10  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Wow....exciting 70 pounds down as of this morning.

I start my 8th month of IP on Monday....I have learned so much about myself and eating right.....I no longer think "All or nothing"

I focus on the health I continue to gain.

Six more pounds to my original goal!!!! Wow

Size 18 and 44DDD bra and XXL or 1X shirts....down to size 8 pants, 38 C bra, and small and medium shirts....Wow!

I am going for another 10-12 pounds after I hit my original goal, but just excited to hit that goal I set 30 weeks ago.

Have a great day....and if you make a mistake...dust yourself off and go forward....don't let it snowball or roll into another one (this is the number one change I have made....I haven't snowballed once on this plan...this is my best change).
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:16 AM   #11  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post

I start my 8th month of IP on Monday....I have learned so much about myself and eating right.....I no longer think "All or nothing"

I focus on the health I continue to gain.

Six more pounds to my original goal!!!! Wow

Size 18 and 44DDD bra and XXL or 1X shirts....down to size 8 pants, 38 C bra, and small and medium shirts....Wow!

I am going for another 10-12 pounds after I hit my original goal, but just excited to hit that goal I set 30 weeks ago.

Have a great day....and if you make a mistake...dust yourself off and go forward....don't let it snowball or roll into another one (this is the number one change I have made....I haven't snowballed once on this plan...this is my best change).
Awesome! Great job!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #12  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by debonadiet View Post
[B]juiceman! i love your post about the poker buddies! Also, fill me in on this bikini challenge... i missed it. but i just ordered 2 bikinis yesterday!!! woohoo- never thought i'd be doing that again! I've been selling my too big/old clothes on ebay in order to buy new stuff that fits! Too bad i'm not very good at poker.
What a great feeling to order that bikini. It'll be even better when you put it on and tell yourself gee I look pretty damn good. Way to go!
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:01 AM   #13  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:

There is another challenge set up like the spring challenge that we just track our weight loss in a public spreadsheet. Usually lasts a few weeks. I will bump the thread for it and the link to the spreadsheet is on page 2. The challenge was named Bikini/speedo challenge, which is just a name. You do not have to put one on and take pictures or anything, unless you want to. I will not be putting on a speedo.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning fellow IP'ers,

I was not really around in the past days, week, I'M back. It's my WI today. I just WI at home 139.6!!! Into the 130's that's really great.. ok ok I know the scale from my coach is higher but well, I really like MY scale!!

It's not going down as fast right now, I know I'm kind of close to my goal, but the time passing by is more and more difficult, the cheats are a bit more frequent. I let myself 2 full and reallly commited weeks then I think I will move to phase II no matter what. I like myself right now, so why not!

Have a good OP day!
Vanessa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I too must admit, I am a "scale whore"! I weight at least 3 times a day. . Maybe we should start "SWA" group. (Scale Whore's Anonymous)!

NSV's yesterday.....

I said, "you all are paying for them with the money I win at poker each week." Won $75 last night!
SWA!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Many congrats on the NSVs! You HAVE to feel good when that kind of stuff happens!! It is a real encouragement to me to hear about it---reminds me that if I stay the course, that kind of thing will happen for me, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post

I had a good WI on Tuesday, down 3.8lbs

NSV - I ended up puchasing a new fall/spring jacket (only $25 more than the price of alterations) to replace my 3x with.. a Med! Then to top off the day, I went into one of my old clothing stores, penningtons. When I walked in, the sales person asked if I was shopping for me or a gift. When I said for me, she looked at me and said "oh we start at 14, I am not sure we have anything small enough for you" I could have kissed her!
How awesome, and like I told Juice---very inspiring for us noobs who are reminded of what is ahead if we stay the course!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I've been shopping in my closet lately
Dontcha LOVE that???!!!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I need to go through this weekend and get rid of all the things that are too big. I plan to donate those so that it's very expensive to be that heavy again.
I am a CHRONIC yo-yo'er used to think giving away my "fat clothes" would help me not gain the weight back---ummmm didn't work for me, so I have spent LOTS on clothes. The last time lost weight, I put clothes in opaque storage bins in the back of the storage area of my garage----glad I did, because I gained weight and needed them. Just an idea.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
had to go find a pair of pants to wear to a party and OMG!!! First pair I tried on and they fit. A size 12
WHOOOOHOOOOO!!! What a GREAT feeling!! Well done!!

Quote:
AND-- As of today... I've lost 20 pounds!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
A 70 pound loss IS exciting!!!! And your advice is DEAD ON!!! Thanks for the inspiration you provide to the rest of us!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post

I just WI at home 139.6!!! Into the 130's that's really great.. ok ok I know the scale from my coach is higher but well, I really like MY scale!!

.......I let myself 2 full and really committed weeks then I think I will move to phase II no matter what. I like myself right now, so why not!
I think you are wise to know when you are ready to move on!! You have done well and I wish you much continued success!!

Last edited by Tate; 03-31-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote