South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily Chat - Thursday, March 31

Good morning, Beachers. It's finally the last day of March and I am so glad to see the end of this extra long month. Bring on April and bring on Spring! This seems to have been an incredibly long and hard winter. I must plan a week in the South next year.

Coffee with the gang this morning and then Donna comes to clean. She'll have her work cut out for her as it's been a week of muddy paws, lots of messy quilting, drop-ins and the Lady of the House feeling pretty slothful. At least Donna doesn't have to clean the stove and fridge - yet!

Off to check the weather and headlines and look for signs of Spring and positive news for a change!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

I'm with you on happily waving goodbye to March, Ruth. Daylight savings time came to early and it is still WAY too cold to be light out at 7pm. Everything got a little out of whack this month. Here's to a great April for all of us!

We have a quiet weekend planned which is so nice. We're having friends over for brunch on Sunday and I'm making a totally on plan, healthy meal - quinoa with zuccini and basil, black beans with tomato, avocado, cilantro and lime, grilled chicken for the guys, salmon salad for me and my friend, and a nice cheese to go along with it all, maybe a gouda. I'm so psyched.

I'm keeping on with the water, and it really feels like my bloating is going down. I'll know more when I weigh in tomorrow. I certainly don't expect to be back down to my lowest since January, but I'm hoping to be under 160. We'll see. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:34 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

If April showers bring May flowers we must get something really awesome if April starts with a snow storm I am off to my parents house for the weekend. I just hope the roads are okay for driving tomorrow. Mom is so looking forward to thrifting and hanging out. We haven't done that since November. I've got a bottle of wine of our evening chats and some treats for everyone from the Co-op.

Ruth - I really want it to be spring for more than a day at a time. I should be planting peas this weekend but I'm not going to dig through snow to do it. Hope you find some signs of spring. Yesterday on my walk I discovered one of the neighbors has 3 crocuses up. I was very excited

Mathilda - Sounds like a perfect weekend

Cottage - Still thinking of all of you and hoping for hopeful news.

This will be my first visit since we installed the wifi. It's slower than ours but still much better than dial-up. It will be nice to check in and say hello whenever I want

Hope your Thursday flies by and I hope the East Coast weather forecast is just someone's idea of an April Fool's joke.

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-31-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! I agree, adios to March. It SNOWED yesterday, and it's STILL there today! I like snow but, this is cruel after our 60's last week!!

Ruth - LOL...as a kernal of corn fell b/w the stove and counter yesterday...I wondered how often I should move and clean that. Darned it.

MMCK - brunch sounds wonderful! Hope the water has helped and the scale is kind. A good reminder for me, I need to drink more too!

Me - Mmmmmm. Went to the health store, the quinoa was much cheaper in bulk (3.99/lb) there then the regular grocery (that was something like 4.50 for 1/2 lb). I bought some red quinoa too, I remember seeing a recipe for it. Now, I'm obsessed with it... I'm going to check the recipe section for favorites!!

Have a great day. THe coffee is strong today, enjoy!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Last day of March and my last day of the work week. I'm hoping this weekend will be a huge change from last weekend! My mother is home and feeling good, but she has an appointment tomorrow with the pulmonologist to hear the results of her biopsy. There is a definite 'something' there, but we're still hopeful and keeping a positive outlook. Faith and prayers will see us through.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Cottage - good luck tomorrow with your mom. Please keep us posted (I know you will).
Old 03-31-2011, 06:44 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Spring? What spring? I foolishly turned on the TV to catch the weather and heard that they've upped our projected snowfall totals to 15 - 18 inches now. I sure hope they're wrong! I'm also hoping they'll just cancel school tonight so I can shut the alarm off before I head to bed. There's no way we'll go in tomorrow morning, so I'm going to quit whining and just enjoy the day at home with Fergie and the dog.

Matilda, the meal you've got planned sounds delicious! I wish I lived close enough to get invited over for a meal sometime!

Ruth, good luck in your quest for spring. I know it's hiding out there somewhere, you may be just the lady to find it for us.

Cyndi have a great trip and a wonderful visit with your parents. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you and your mom will be able to get out to do your thrifting and other fun things.

Have a great 'last day of March', friends!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:46 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning Tammy and Linda, I hadn't seen your posts yet when I was typing.

Still praying here Linda.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Heidi, thank you again so much for all your prayers. I'm convinced that all the prayers, positive thoughts, and Masses being said for my mother are seeing us through.

Thank you, everyone for all your support and positive thoughts. You are an amazing group of gals.

The East Coast forecast doesn't sound good. We may get some wet snow, but nothing like what you girls further north may get. Let's hope it doesn't hang around and that after this, Spring will be here to stay.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

It so nice to get up and come here and read all the posts from everyone. I apologize for not answering each one individually but know that I have read them and if prayers are needed I will say them. I hope you all have a great last day of March.

Like others I am waiting for Spring. Mother Nature really needs to get a grip on things. Yesterday proved to be a good OP day even though the lady I work for offered me Starbucks and then she made brownies. If that wasn't bad enough I came home and made Chocolate Chip Cookie bars for the kids. TORTURE!!! LOL

I made it thru though and will do my best to stay op today. My son has a dr appt this am and then I drop him off at school. I will be headed to my Mom's to clean for her since she had surgery a few weeks back and is not aloud to do certain things still.

Im going to try a Zumba class tonight at the gym with a friend. Looks like fun I just hope I can do it...
Old 03-31-2011, 07:10 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just a reminder to us all that we do NOT need to do personals for every post in the Daily! It can get pretty intimidating.. Check out the Notes About the DAily Thread sticky above.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning, gals! Trying to eat something before my morning workout which I never do, is really hard! I like to work out on an empty stomach (believing that I'm burning more fat) but I want to get thru the c25k so I will eat first...just yogurt and a peel cheese and COFFEE of course! I hope it's enough because I never eat this early! UGH! Anyway...2 houses today...big day and 3 tomorrow (big days ahead)!!!!! I have trouble with calorie defecit on those days...I burn so much! I will see what the scale says in April. I think I'm weighing on the 11th...that will be 5 weeksish. On to my busy day!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Kinda quiet here, yet. I'm going to make my morning green smoothie and head back to bed for a bit....still haven't decided if we'll leave tonight after Kirks meeting or early in the morning. Pool today and maybe some digging outside. Sorry about all the weather back East. I'm sure we still have more yet to come.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning everyone.

Ruth - The winter does seem to be dragging on. Spring is due here this weekend if you are to believe the forecast. Hope it stays more than a few days this time!

Matilda - I dreamed about quinoa last night! They were serving it in the college dining hall when we went to visit.

Cyndi - I hope the weather is okay for your trip. Have fun.

Twynn - We get our quinoa at Costco. The huge bag is cheaper than the little one in the grocery store. Never heard of red.

Linda - Thinking of you and your mom

Heidi - OMG!

Vicki - No need to respond to all. Some days I have time, others I don't. I tried Zumba on vacation last year. It was fun but I felt pretty uncoordinated.

Kristen - I was just talking to my husband yesterday about what I've heard lately about working out before you exercise. I never do that and think I'd be too hungry.

Debbie - Enjoy your day. I'm looking forward to getting my bike out soon.

It was a tough night here yesterday. My teen got his first true rejection from a college and it was a top pick. My heart went out to him. I hope he gets over it soon and ends up happy about the many other colleges who accepted him. Some days it hurts to be a parent
Old 03-31-2011, 09:22 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Excellent morning to all!
Prayers to all who need them - power of prayer is an awesome thing.

Running around like the proverbial chicken with my head cut off today . . .
Be well!!
Closed Thread