Old 03-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 29 March 2011
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/257/150 HW350

Height: 7/15/15. Restart. Reached 1st goal 10/14/15

Today is weigh in day..... I cant believe I am always looking forward to Wednesday to weigh in..... Who would have thunk it ..... lol.... Let you know the results this afternoon.... Everybody have a great day
Slimbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbound View Post
Today is weigh in day..... I cant believe I am always looking forward to Wednesday to weigh in..... Who would have thunk it ..... lol.... Let you know the results this afternoon.... Everybody have a great day
Good luck!!

Well being the scale whore that I am...I FINALLY got out of the 190s and into the 180s. It's only taken me all week to do so. Hopefully I'll loose a little more before weigh-in on Friday. Happy hump day everyone!
sp8275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
Good luck!!

Well being the scale whore that I am...I FINALLY got out of the 190s and into the 180s. It's only taken me all week to do so. Hopefully I'll loose a little more before weigh-in on Friday. Happy hump day everyone!
I am a fellow scale whore! Congrats on the shift down to the next "set of ten"---keep up the good work!!
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Ok, So I had an egg with my crispy rice cereal (not IN it----just in addition to..) and my WI is tomorrow. I weigh myself every morning and haven't lost anything for four days, but so far it seems to go like that....nothing...then down a few pounds. I can't complain, I am only 2 and a half weeks in and have lost about 15 pounds.

I checked out the recipe threads---some interesting stuff---will have to try some of it. A few of the recipes had a gazillion ingredients--I am more of a "5 ingredients or less" kind of gal because I have a super busy life and do not make anything that takes a long time to cook.

I am headed to the grocery store later to buy kale. I will try the "kale chip" idea, although admittedly I am doing so with a degree of trepidation. Will let ya'll know how it works out.

Have a great day all!

Busy day today. I will check in when I can.

Last edited by Tate; 03-30-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #6  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
I am a fellow scale whore! Congrats on the shift down to the next "set of ten"---keep up the good work!!
Hello everyone. I'm a scale whore as well!!! Everyone morning and every night. Had my WI last night and 2 more pounds....gone, gone. My home scale shows I'm 149 this morning, 9 lbs from goal, but it's always at least 4-5 lbs less than my coaches scale. Hoping to get on Phase 2 in a couple more weeks. My BFF is coming out here on Saturday for a week, so next week may prove to be challenging, to say the least. She watches her weight as well, so between the 2 of us I'm sure we will keep each other in line.

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by SJackson; 03-30-2011 at 08:18 AM.
SJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/192/150

Height: 5'9"

I have a question about extra low blood pressure. My blood pressure has always been low, but since I've been on this diet (2 weeks now), it's dropped even lower and as a result, I am getting dizzy (90/72). Anyone experience this? The doctor recommended I take a tsp of salt, THREE times a day!!? I tried one tsp of salt last night and very nearly threw up. Has anyone tried salt pills? I ordered some from Amazon, but am wondering if anyone else has ideas out there...
hotmama72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmama72 View Post
I have a question about extra low blood pressure. My blood pressure has always been low, but since I've been on this diet (2 weeks now), it's dropped even lower and as a result, I am getting dizzy (90/72). Anyone experience this? The doctor recommended I take a tsp of salt, THREE times a day!!? I tried one tsp of salt last night and very nearly threw up. Has anyone tried salt pills? I ordered some from Amazon, but am wondering if anyone else has ideas out there...
I have extra low blood pressure as well! I actually fell out in the floor after standing up a few times the first week on the diet! i had to force myself to drink the salt in water a few times. I also will eat a boiled egg with plenty of SALT on it. If you've already had one, just eat the whites the next time you need one. I boil a few eggs at the beginning of the week and keep them in the fridge. I also add salt to all my salads.... I'm probably eating more salt than i'm "supposed" to. But i find that it keeps me from "biting the dust" every time i stand up . Plus, it tastes so yummy. I hope this helps.
debonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 152/132/120

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! It's so great to check in after an absence and see how much everybody is SHRINKING! YAY! I need motivation for some 100% on protocol days. On one hand, this diet has gotten to be almost 2nd nature, but on the other.... that makes for slip-ups. I'm a slow loser anyway, so i need to be strict! Any suggestions???
debonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:36 AM   #10  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Good luck!!

Congrats! Here's hoping you can make it official on Friday!!

I hope to make it official next Monday. (I was disappointed when I weighed in at 190.5 two days ago after weighing myself in the morning and seeing 188.0).
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #11  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmama72 View Post
Ask your doctor about adding extra potassium too. I've heard that can help, but I'm not a medical doctor so please check with him/her first.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #12  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I've been planning to get my nose re-pierced for 50 lbs lost and I believe I will be there this weekend (I've lost 41 on IP and 8 on WW right before IP = 49 lbs). I'm nervous as all get out but I know I'll love it!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I am sincerely thanking all of you for your kind words, thoughts, prayers and support.

I am doing well. I am still folllowing my diet. I have not cheated. If I can make it through this without cheating, I can do anything!
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #14  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default Scale whores!! LOL!

Quote:
Good luck!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
Hello everyone. I'm a scale whore as well!!! Everyone morning and every night. Had my WI last night and 2 more pounds....gone, gone. My home scale shows I'm 149 this morning, 9 lbs from goal, but it's always at least 4-5 lbs less than my coaches scale. Hoping to get on Phase 2 in a couple more weeks. My BFF is coming out here on Saturday for a week, so next week may prove to be challenging, to say the least. She watches her weight as well, so between the 2 of us I'm sure we will keep each other in line.

"Hello my name is Kathy and I'm a scale whore." Funny I used to hate the scale to. So this week I started back on cardio and I challenged myself not to get on the scale until my WI on Friday. I've done it so far but it's killing me. Can't wait to see the results.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbound View Post
Good luck! I can't wait to learn of your results!

Quote:
Good luck!!

Yay! Happy Wednesday to you too!

Quote:
Ok, So I had an egg with my crispy rice cereal (not IN it----just in addition to..) and my WI is tomorrow. I weigh myself every morning and haven't lost anything for four days, but so far it seems to go like that....nothing...then down a few pounds. I can't complain, I am only 2 and a half weeks in and have lost about 15 pounds.

[...]

Have a great day all!

Busy day today. I will check in when I can.
Those are excellent results! You are doing so well! My coach tells me not to get hungry. She says I can have extra celery, hard boiled eggs, preferably just the whiltes (like you, I also make a batch on Mondays and refrigerate them - I make more as needed) or cooked ham (watch the sodium).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post

I have the same scale issues (inlcuded the coaches scale being slightly higher than mine - is it a strategy to keep us on the diet longer? ...nah! They wouldn't... would they...)! ...but hey!, down is down!!!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-30-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote