Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 04:56 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down Jewels Within #2

THE JEWELS WITHIN

"There are jewels inside of you that if strung together would dazzle the world." Linda Knight

Hello-
Welcome to the Jewels Within. We are just a group of ladies fighting a battle to uncover the jewel within ourselves. We share our thoughts, goals, success, failures and anything else on our minds. We welcome anyone who would like to join us.

We have daily topics to guide us:
Monday-Goals for the week
Tuesday-Exercise
Wednesday-Food and recipes
Thursday-Long-term goals
Friday-Frustrations and failures
Saturday-Successes and thankfulness
Sunday-Result of weekly goals

So please, come on in, tell us about yourselves and get ready to meet some fun people.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:21 AM   #2  

Talking Hello Ladies

Hi Ladies:
Well, today was my birthday. If anything it made me more determined to lose the weight. I'm sure you all understand that sinking feeling you get when you realize another year has slipped by and you haven't lost the weight yet.
Anyway-I'm going to get back on track. Now I have a scale and can actually judge if I'm doing anything right. I'm going to do weigh in on Sunday.

Angel- Welcome back- I missed you but I always knew in my heart we'd see you again. One day my friend, when we succeed we will meet, and I really look forward to that moment.

Beth and Michelle: I sure hope you don't have any problems finding us. Beth you've been amazing, and probably the most dedicated of us all. You are a real inspiration. Michelle, I sure hope things are going well for you lately.

Anyone new to our thread: Welcome-we are very happy to have you here.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:06 PM   #3  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Default Howdy!

Amanda,

Its good to be back. Missed you too!

I'm just getting started on my diet again so it might be awhile before I see any results, but thats the way it goes.

I don't know how often I'll get to post since the courses I'm taking take up a lot of my time, but they do give me a reason to be online more often so maybe while I'm posting my assignments I can post here too. We'll see.

All for now, got to go get my oldest girl from school and it looks like we are fixing to get a thunder-boomer here.

Angel
Old 05-06-2003, 05:38 PM   #4  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello Jewels...

Angel, i didn't see you before, but welcome back and i'm proud of you to be so open about your weight and stating your goals is a very positive thing to do.

Amanda, Happy Happy Birthday! Hope it was as special as you.

OK, Tuesday is Exercise Day. I need to keep in mind that now that i'm done with the MS walk, i need to continue with my walking efforts. My goal is to do better next year.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:22 PM   #5  

Michele, I just thought I would let you know this much about Angel, she is the person who suggested the quote on which we built our name. I started the original thread where we met and Angel and Beth were the first two to reply to it.
Angel, I'm so glad you are taking those classes. I know how badly you wanted to take them. It makes me so happy to have you back, you were on my mind a great deal while you were gone.
Beth???? We hope to hear from you soon.

Old 05-07-2003, 12:09 AM   #6  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Talking Hello

Hi all,

Amanda your still the greatest

My classes are going well. I've already completed HTML and am currently taking Javascript and CSS. I can talk for hours about all of them. The only draw back is that everytime I speak to one of my family members about what I'm doing their eyes glaze over as if I'm speaking in a foreign language.

I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! AMANDA I hope you had a wonderful day!

I manage to go for a walk today, so I'm happy about that. I had to pack my 8 month old with me up and down the driveway (we have a long driveway) but she served as sort of hand weights.

All for now,
Angel

Last edited by LKBAngel; 05-07-2003 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:38 PM   #7  

Hello ladies!
Its great to see old faces! Welcome back Angel. I am still here ladies. I just don't get on the computer much now that the weather is nice. Plus I have been looking for a new job, and a babysitter! As well as all the end of the school year field trips ect... I will be on every couple of days or so.

I lost 2lbs this week! Yeah! I am down 40 and over half way. Thanks for all the encouragement ladies. You are a great group of people. As well as my TOPS group! If anyone needs some local support its a great orgnization to check out.

Talk to you all soon! Keep up the good work.

Beth
Old 05-08-2003, 06:08 PM   #8  

Hey Beth,
Glad to see you. You are such a fabulous inspiration and I can't tell you how many times you have kept me going. Thanks.
Angel,
If you want to try being penpals again I would love that. Do you still have my email address? I will be real busy again next week because I start back to school but I'm sure I will still have time to email and keep up with you.
Michele,
Where are you this week? Hope things are going well.

Old 05-08-2003, 06:23 PM   #9  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi Jewels,

Beth, woo hoo on the 2 lbs this week and your success so far!! That is awesome!

I had my last 2 finals today and my Mother and Aunt are coming out for my Graduation next Tuesday and I'm Graduating on Friday! I'm very excited about all this.

Really struggling with the food and can't seem to stick to any WOE. Perhaps after all the excitement of having my mother here?

I went to the Dr. yesterday about a few things but we discussed depression, my weight and I may go on an antidepressant. I hesitate to even say it, but I'm thinking it might be the best thing for me. Anyone else care to share if they are, if so, please PM me, I'd like to know your experience. I'm researching this particular drug and the others.

Have a great weekend!
Old 05-10-2003, 06:49 AM   #10  

Talking

I Got My New Computer Finally. Anyway, I just wanted to post and say hi. I should have a pic up in the next couple of days. You know, just as soon as I figure it out. Hope everyone is having a great week. See you soon.

Old 05-13-2003, 01:40 PM   #11  

Talking Sorry I still haven't figured out how to post a pic

I keep trying to post a pick but I don't seem to succeed. I think maybe it is too big to post? Anyway, where is everyone? How are you all doing? I'm busy getting on track. I hope to hear from you ladies soon.

Old 05-13-2003, 11:50 PM   #12  

Hello Ladies!
I have not been on the computer for so long! I actually got off work early tonight. I think my husband was a little disappointed that I chose to go on the computer! LOL!

How is everyone doin? Glad to here that you feel like you are getting on track Amanda. I got the Walk Away With Abs as a mothers day present. I am trying that now. I think it is a little harder then the ones I was doing. My dh is getting worried now that he is fat. He says he is going to try them. He really is not overweight. He just has a little extra tire. Of course I tried to tell him that the 6 cookies he ate today is not going to help! LOL!

What kind of pic are you posting Amanda? I was wondering about these new digital cameras they are advertising that are disposables. You get a disc with your pics. I wonder if you can post those? Anyone know? If I can I am going to start selling crap on ebay! LOL!

Keep it up Ladies!

Beth
Old 05-14-2003, 07:29 PM   #13  

Talking Hello-I finally figured it out

I guess my other pics were just too big. Anyway, I finally got it figured out. Beth, I have no idea about those new disposables, but I do see they have digital cameras really cheap at WalMart. (Like $40) They probably aren't the best pics for printing but fine for posting on the internet.
I'm getting ready to start an ebay business myself. I watch for when WalMart gets really good markdowns and then buy up a bunch of whatever it is to sell. I also am making beaded pendant watches to sell online. I wanted a pendant watch for school because I hate wearing a wrist watch but I looked everywhere and I couldn't find one. Finally I made my own. I'm hoping there are others out there who also hate wearing a wrist watch but need to have a watch none the less.
I got my camera at WalMart with a printer for $150. I figured I would probably be doing both printing and posting so I wanted a camera that was fairly versatile.
I'm proud of myself, I'm getting back on track finally. I also don't start school right away like I thought I did. I was so relieved to find that out. (I actually was ready to head to class Monday when we looked on the internet to see if the class was cancelled only to find out it doesn't start until June. ) Now I have more time to get caught up, and I need all the time I can get.
See you ladies later. I'm going to attach a pic of myself besides having changed my avatar to a pic of my daughter and I.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:11 AM   #14  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Default Hello everyone

Hello all,

Amanda, Congrats on the new computer. Your little girl is very cute We can still be pen-pals. Let me know if you still have my email address it hasn't changed.

Well, I'm not doing much yet about the weight loss, just taking it easy and watching what I eat mostly. I'm also fighting another demon, smoking. Its taking top priority right now. I'm hoping once I quit that then I'll be able to exercise more easily, and the exercise will help with the quit. Just taking everything one day at a time right now.

Hope to post again soon,
Angel
Old 05-15-2003, 02:13 PM   #15  

Hello Ladies!
Amanda your little girl is to cute! I wish I could post pics of my kids. I am pretty proud of them. It is so funny to because you look a lot how I pictured you. I think you can tell a lot from a persons personality.

Angel glad to see you back. Good for you with the smoking. I have never smoked but I have clients that do and a few are trying to quit right now. It seems like a very hard thing to do. But I know you can do it.

Well ladies I have some good news. I lost 2.5 this week at TOPS. But the biggest thing was. I had to buy some new pants. I went to the resale shop and was able to purchase 2 size 10's! YEAH! It was a little bit of a fluke though because 2 size 12's did not fit. But I was still excited. I think I can wear these for a while to. They won't be getting to big anytime soon.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. If I don't get back on. Keep it up ladies!

Beth

SW 200
CW 157
GW 125
Closed Thread