Old 03-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Changing your mind about your least favorite body part

For so many, MANY years my breasts have been my least favorite, most likely to have surgically corrected body part. Followed closely by my belly.

Maybe it's because I've lost some weight, and changed my shape, or maybe because I've learned to love them as they are, these 2 are no longer my least favorite body parts.

I have replaced them with a new part, previously off my radar, never noticed or much cared about. I have this huge glob of fat under my waist line, over my hip bones. I don't really know what to call this area, it's too low to be love handles (unless gravity really struck!! ) and it's not really connected to my stomach, so it's not a spare tire.

Whatever it is, I hate it and I want it GONE!!

Does anyone else have experience in this?

Last edited by goodforme; 03-29-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: better wording
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #2  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Definitely! I used to hate my massive thighs and chunky arms (my breasts were annoying too and I'm still really considering have breast reduction surgery once I'm done having kids and am at a good weight). However, now after having DD my ring around my lower belly is definitely the bane of my existence!

I definitely obsess over it, I constantly worry that my pants will slide down and reveal my muffin top in all its glory! If I wear the right clothes it's not noticeable but, ugh, it's just so ugly looking at it in the bathroom mirror! Hopefully it will go away soon...
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/150

Height: 5'10

In wanting to replace my least favorite body parts? Ummm... YES! Starting with stomach, arms, and calves.. all tied at number one. Then moving on to thighs and butt. Especially the weird fat above the butt. Yes. I would replace all of those body parts ! Oh, anddd feet! But that's because I'm tall and my feet are big and it's hard to fit into the cutest shoes, which won't change no matter how much weight I lose.. so whatever!

Hahah! In due time all of it will be "replaced"... well not the feet but whatever. I'll deal.
sweetsmmr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Definitely my abs. They are an experiment in flab! They are finally looking better though, but I don't know if 34lbs is enough for them to look decent.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #5  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

My chunky inner thighs!! It looks like I have saggy elephant skin just hanging out...so gross. I have despised my inner thighs for as long as I can remember (we're talking 7th-8th grade, here, people!).

I can't wait for the warm weather so I can go out rollerblading and hopefully tighten these bad boys up.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Yep, it used to be I hated my arms, butt, waist and chest. Who cared about my legs? No one ever saw those.

I went through a calf hating phase a few months ago. Now they're good and I'm to a thigh hating phase.

Our body's go through so much change during this process. Proportions change and we get used to seeing on thing and suddenly another part becomes smaller make a second part look bigger.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #7  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

right now i'm hating the upper arm jiggle and my thighs. mostly because of my upcoming wedding, the strapless dress and a garter that i don't want cutting off my circulation.

the design of the dress lifts up my chest and is empire waist so it kinda hides my belly. almost gives me a waist. so at the moment, hating my upper arms and my thighs.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I've always hated my thighs. It's the place where I gain weight first and seem to lose last. But, now, I have to say that this hanging apron belly drives me nuts! I hope it is the first to go.

BTW, Goodforme....I have the exact same globs of fat! Aren't they strange?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I've always hated my thighs. It's the place where I gain weight first and seem to lose last. But, now, I have to say that this hanging apron belly drives me nuts! I hope it is the first to go.

BTW, Goodforme....I have the exact same globs of fat! Aren't they strange?

I'm so sorry!

What the heck are they called, anyway? LOL Although, without them jutting out to the side, I really wouldn't have a waist, so I guess I better work on accepting them, too!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Sadly, I still have my belly apron (although it's A LOT smaller and I don't think noticeable in clothes really) and it's tied between that and my inner thighs mess of loose skin that I dislike the most at the moment.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #11  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

For me it is apron fat. My last baby really exacerbated the area. I am so much lighter than I was when I got pregnant with him (almost 20 pounds!) and yet the pants that were loose now fit fairly snugly through that area. Spreading hips made it a bit worse, but that apron fat stinks.

I've just taken to wearing skirts, which I like better anyway, and camouflage the area nicely.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 03-29-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'3"

Belly apron. Will this ever go away, even at goal weight?
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Of course I'm the oddball here LOL LOL but I EARNED every single wrinkle and sag on my body, and damnation I'm super proud of it !!! I'm never going to look like a bikini model (even tho in my 20's i thought 'what's the point of dieting if you're NOT going to look like that?) but I'm super duper happy with what has shown up under the 160 pounds of fat that was hiding everything!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #14  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
For me it is apron fat. My last baby really exacerbated the area. I am so much lighter than I was when I got pregnant with him (almost 20 pounds!) and yet the pants that were loose now fit fairly snugly through that area. Spreading hips made it a bit worse, but that apron fat stinks.

I've just taken to wearing skirts, which I like better anyway, and camouflage the area nicely.
That's funny because for me skirts look pretty bad. My best bet is higher waisted pants because between my belly button and bust I'm really quite fit! Skirts for me tend to fan out a lot because I have bigger thighs too so I just look huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel2writer View Post
Belly apron. Will this ever go away, even at goal weight?
Mine IS going down. I haven't lost any weight for about a month (more due to medical reasons) but I have lost 2-3 inches from my belly apron. I still have a long way to go but I'm hoping 37lbs makes a big dent in it!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 258/234/138

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
Of course I'm the oddball here LOL LOL but I EARNED every single wrinkle and sag on my body, and damnation I'm super proud of it !!! I'm never going to look like a bikini model (even tho in my 20's i thought 'what's the point of dieting if you're NOT going to look like that?) but I'm super duper happy with what has shown up under the 160 pounds of fat that was hiding everything!
This. I want to be like you when I grow up Trazey, if in fact I do.
gmailjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote