Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 07:28 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #328...

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!
Old 05-05-2003, 07:35 PM   #2  
I'm on my way!

Just so you all know I was lifted by your birthday wishes all day long!! You guys are the BEST!! And I'm glad not one of you are taking a leave of absence!!

Well today I was ready to quit my job! I'm so sick and tired of having my girls covering another store so that we all have to juggle our days off and meet for keys and all that crap!! I finally told my boss today...it was like talking to a brick wall...I told him I have a candidate for him for a manager for the other store and he goes well, you know, I need...blah blah blah!! Well if you aren't going hire someone then get your fat man *** over to the store and run it yourself! Thats what I wanted to tell him anyway! LOL

Anyways...today was WI (Not Wisconsin) day for me and I lost 5.4 lbs even though I was a little oinker on saturday!!! So I treated myself to a cheeseburger happy meal with a diet coke so my little guy can have the toy! What a mommy Huh?

Tomorrow morning I have a dentist appointment at 8:30....lucky me! Need to have full x-rays, cleaning and exam!

Well I better get going and save John from the little beast! Last night he stuck his finger up John's nose while he was sound asleep! They are in bed watching tv right now!

TTFN Michelle
Old 05-05-2003, 08:57 PM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening Gals!
Wow - I haven't posted since yesterday morning and I missed so much. I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up, but I'll try.

Yesterday was a very busy day filled with housework, laundry, errands, etc. I basically didn't sit down to relax till 10pm and then I pretty much passed out.

I picked up the Pilates for Dummies video at Target and did it last night - yikes!! I've discovered ab muscles that I didn't know existed. Granted, I couldn't do all the positions, but I did everything I could! I really like it because I am immediately feeling it - that makes me feel like it is something that can work because the muscles are yelling at me. So, I came home tonight and did it again, followed by the treadmill!! It was a great food and exercise day today!

Lucky - How was the first day of the new job? I hope it went great!!

Thin - Happy to hear that Graduation went well!!! I know exactly what you mean about flying --- I always ask for an aisle seat so I am not crowding anyone else and I pray the seatbelt fits. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't --- That is one of my goals --- to never have to worry about that! I'll let you know in a couple weeks what progress I've made. Also - I think the quotes are a great idea.

Lori - Way to go -- a pound is a pound! It's the right direction! Looking forward to seeing the new pictures.

Tina - YIPPEE!!! 2.2 pounds! You go girl! opps - you got Lori and I mixed up - but I knew what you meant.

2cute - I hope your feeling a bit better this evening! You can do this!

Michelle - I'm sorry your b-day wasn't all you hoped for. Men can be such knuckleheads!! You drove down here??? You probably came down 95, right? You were within 2 miles of me!!! Wow!!! 5.4 pounds!!! Incredible job!!

Steph - 3 Pounds!!! Yahoo!!! There are a bunch of losers around here this week!

Kat - Glad to see you back here! I know I couldn't go long without the support around here!

Sandy - Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!! So happy to hear it!!! I bet that weight falls right back off!!!! I'd actually love the jello shot recipe! We are having a girls night this Friday and it might come in handy!

Tracy - bummer that your post disappeared. I know what a pain that is!

Deon - Good job getting back on track!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!!

Hello and hugs to anyone else I missed!!! I won't be around until tomorrow night because I am stuck going to a Computer class all day tomorrow to learn a graphics design software!

Have a wonderful night and day!! See you tomorrow!
Hugs,
Barb
Old 05-05-2003, 09:30 PM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all I am so tired. just wanted to drop in and say hi
Old 05-05-2003, 09:47 PM   #5  

To make jello shots.....

any flavor jello (the black cherry is great!!!)

add 1 cup hot water to the jello, then add in 3/4 cup ginger ale and 2/3 cup alcohol....(Rum seems to taste the best)

pour into plastic shot cups like medicine cups you can buy at a medical place.....chill and enjoy......you will love em!!!!

Each box makes approx. 20-23 shots but people love em and can do many shots.....

have fun!!!
Old 05-05-2003, 10:09 PM   #6  

Jello Shots , Geez Sandy I thought only L O O S E women did those.

It's late and I just got back from my nieces 17th birthday party but had to let you in on my first day at the new job you all got for me.

First of all, I get there and there is someone sitting at the desk I was told would be mine.

I sat in the waiting area and remained calm - but wondering.

My boss came out and took me into his office and said, "Things have changed since I last talked to you". Oh, oh...

Turns out I get my own office WITH 4 windows. I spent most of the day ordering "anything" I wanted, calculator, computer stuff, chair etc. I will be starting in the position I was told before I would work part time at after six months.

Get this...my first email is from the secretary asking me what I prefer to drink. THEY buy & stock whatever you like. ( okay, you know that means pop, water, coffee etc; NOT Sandy's kind of drink)

This sure seems like a good job to me!!! We will see how day two goes.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:02 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Arrow pssssssst!

Over here! You can stop praying for Lucky's new job now and turn all those good wishes towards a hunky male secretary for her!

Huh? ...Oh....Hi Lucky!! Glad your first day was a success!

I am right now literally chilled to the bone. Son had a baseball game tonight. It rained the entire time. I had a fleece jacket on. They're not water repellant in the least. The kiddie umbrella my friend was holding didn't quite do the trick for two women of, shall we say, "ample proportions." And now I have to work.

I just wanted to say to Michelle, sometimes you just have to hit 'em over the head with a sledge hammer to remind them of important events. I always ask, well ahead of time, what he has in store for my festive gala birthday celebration. No subtlety. It doesn't really work on them. Especially when you've been together so long. Hey, I'll take 5# off for my birthday ANYTIME!

Happy birthday to you too, Amanda!

I know it's hard to believe, but I'm running late, so I'd better get moving...I have a LOT a catching up to do with you girls tomorrow!

Old 05-06-2003, 12:10 AM   #8  

Lite Pistachio Fluff

1 package sugar free instant pistachio pudding

1 tub Cool Whip Lite or Cool Whip Fat Free

1 can crushed pineapple, packed in own juice

Combine all items in a large bowl and chill for a minimum of one hour. Makes a great low fat, low sugar dessert or snack when the "sweet crazies" strike!

I got some great cookbooks in the mail today with some terrific meal and dessert ideas. Gives me an excuse to cook, one could say! I even got a little book titled "Meals for One!"
Old 05-06-2003, 02:28 AM   #9  

I had a great day today, besides the fact that I laid on the couch and slept most of the day along with my daughter who has the same cold as I do. But I did really well food wise. I just need a few more good days like that to recover from this weekend.

It sounds like some of you are having some awful weather. I hope everyone is ok and out of harms way.

Not alot to report on right now, I just thought I would come in and make my appearance to get my e-mail.

Ok so I posted on 327 and had to move it over here. I must not have checked my mail or something and posted on the wrong one. oh well.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:40 AM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Thank You Ladies for all the Birthday wishes I wish I could say my hubby and I did something exciting, but we really didn't. He started it off great-but didn't follow through so well. He started the day by getting up and instead of making me battle our four year old to get her dressed he dressed her. (Okay, it was the same clothes she wore yesterday, but it's the thought that counts, right??? ) Then the plan was to go to a botanical park for a picnic-but it snowed. So instead we spent the day promoting his business and making business copies.
To his credit, I'm sure he'll make it up to me another day when our budget is more favorable.
I really realize something-I want the scale to read less next birthday than it does this one. A lot less. I'm a little blue about another year of my life spent so large that I can't even do the things I want to.
I'm so ready to lose this weight-so tomorrow I start fresh... On that note it is the wee hours of the morning and I best get to bed.
Thanks again ladies.

Old 05-06-2003, 06:44 AM   #11  

Okay, I don't know if I am having major blue feelings or what, but when I opened up the thread and Lucky said only Loose woman drank jello shots, I thought I would cry. But, knowig Lucky, I decided not to take offense to it to much. I hope that was the way to take it (funny like?) I am anything but loose!!! We talked about that this weekend up there too, about how many men each of us had been with. My mom in law won because she had only been with 1 man and still is with him. 2nd place was a tie to about 4 people one of which was ME , and I had thought I was in love with the first man, I was 15 and the day I graduated high school I was 17 I moved directly in with him......but well things change and this woman then a girl was strong then and was not having a man tell her what to do. But then a while after that relationship ended I met my true love (soul mate), so things work out in the end. Both of our families live in the same town we do and well it works great. Wow, talk about getting off the subject of weight loss.

I like the fact that we talk about so many other things other than weight loss. Daily life effects it so much.

Tina: I forgot to tell you.........I had to call hubby Sat. night to get an update on the race shame on me....but I had to know.

Lucky: congrats on the job........wowzers your own office .

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 05-06-2003, 06:45 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Talking

I just finished reading all the posts I had missed and I just thought I would drop in to say thank you again and to tell you all that I was really cheered up reading everyone's posts. Everyone has something to say that I relate to. I'm so ready to lose this weight. I don't want to worry about rather a seatbelt is going to be big enough, or rather I'm too fat to turn the steering wheel in a car, etc. etc. etc. (I was really frustrated when I got the WATP for Abs tapes and they have an exercise band thing that won't fit around my waist. How can I lose it when even the exercise equipment doesn't fit me????) Anyway, tomorrow is a new day. Well, actually today at this rate. So I plan to be in here more often because those first few days are so hard to keep on track. See you soon.

Old 05-06-2003, 07:10 AM   #13  
I'm on my way!

Barb...I am down that end of the state all the time! John's youngest brother and his wife live in Aston. I'll tell ya what! In two weeks on Sunday I'll probably be taking that drive to Delaware again to get the cigarettes! I love to save money and since John works it gives me something to do to pass the time...maybe we can hook up then... And then we can maybe plan a get together with Steph and Kat in August or you all could come to my son's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese on September 14th LOL!! Thats a Sunday too!

Kat I don't want to remind John of anything. He knew it was my birthday and its his choice whether he wants to get me something...but damn guys should know women expect SOMETHING, geesh..he should know...he had an ex that expected everything!! We have only been together 4 years now.

Sandy...don't be offended by Lucky's statement! I took it as a joke...you know LOOSE like JELLO!! Also....I didn't forget to tell you all (well ok) to come to the next thread...I was just testing you all to see if you were paying attention and as you can see....some of ya were and some of ya weren't! LOL

Actually what happened was right after I posted I saw that Tina posted too and I went to go move her over and couldn't because of the picture so I thought maybe she would notice and move herself over and then Andrew was into something...his father's ear this time! And I never got to come back to the computer. Sorry 'bout that but thanks for completing the job for me!

Well I have to run and get myself ready and wake the boy...he and John were up at 2:30 last night eating pretzels and juice in bed watching tv. I opened my eyes to all this crunch crunch crunch and the two of them are both propped up on their pillows looking at me! It was a site for sore eyes!

Gotta run. Love you guys! Michelle
Old 05-06-2003, 09:45 AM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I'm here real quick. Have not read anything since I was here last, so don't beat up on me.

I think I said that my best friend/sister lost her father last Thursday night. Well they put off his funeral until this week and today is the day. I will be with her all day, and then tomorrow we go up north for funeral and burial. So it's likely I won't be around here until Thursday.

Hold down the fort while I'm gone. Know that I love you all. I'll see you when I get back.

I expect to pass throughlife but once. If, therefore there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again." - William Penn
Old 05-06-2003, 10:45 AM   #15  
Dancing those pounds away

{{{ SANDY }}} .... Please don't think Lucky meant anything by her comment. I know she was just teasing you.
Just like when I told Thin that I was CUTER than her. It was just in fun and not meant to be taken seriously.
We are so glad to have you back with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful fun-filled weekend.

My daughter came home last night for the week. She took her last final Monday at 4pm and we are going to enjoy the week together before she goes to work next week at her summer job.
She runs a summer research program for undergraduate students at the college.
I may not be posting a lot... but I will try to get here daily.

TUESDAY TIP ... put one foot in front of the other and walk your way to SUCCESS.
Closed Thread