Old 03-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #252 Bale of Turtles Enjoying Spring!

. We are the Turltes Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi All,
Turtles, there are sooooo many new posts in thread #252 that I was hesitant to start a new thread. However, we had gotten very long. Lots of encouraging news from members. To sum up, we all seem extremely busy and productive. Weight loss is good for some, tricky for others. Facing all sorts of challenges, we are moving on!
Bandit, thanks for the water reminder!
Anyone who gained weight-----well there are all sorts of reasons from unexpected TOM to traveling and the stress it entails. I had trouble myself last week, but am on much better footing now.

Got to to walk the boardwalk. My crocuses are up and so pretty---all purple and proud of themselves. Having a 1/2corned beef sandwich tonight with dh to re-celebrate St. Paddy's Day. We had about 18 friends and family for an early St. Patrick's Day feast on Saturday and it was lots of fun.

Judy
234.6/194.8/180's and thinner begorra!!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning all and happy Friday to you all! Love Fridays!

Well, i did really well at W/I last night - I was down 4.8 lbs - taking those steps a million times a day is starting to pay off... LOL - they don't really get any easier to climb but they must be doing some good at least! We only had W/I last night, the groups leader and co-leaders were not able to make it and it was such a nice evening here that everyone opted to get out early and that was fine with me since I did not have to lead the lesson LOL! Went home to hang with DH and we had our "Coney Dogs" which is a staple on Thursday nights since they are easy and quick to prepare when I get home from TOPS.

Busy weekend ahead for me but will get online when I can to see how everyone is doing.

It is another crazy day here at work for me so I will have to do my individual posts another time... take care everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #4  
Chick

Princess, weigh to go! :
Ohmygoodness, Princess! What a wonderful weight loss. Kee climbing those stairs. You're doing great. How do you make a Coney dog?

I finally got outside to rake up debris and dead leaves from the winter. Now I can see my crocuses better. Also discovered lots of tulip leaves and daffodil leaves, so my future looks bright.

Take care, drink the water, move as much as we can, and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/194.8/180's and thinner
Old 03-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #5  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Hi all!

Today I went to my doctor. As some of you know, I have been living for over 25 years with autoimmune disease (various doctors have called it lupus, RA, fibromyalgia, and a half-dozen other names that actually mean: we got no idea what is wrong with ya.)

It was a tough week WW-wise, with my first small weight gain despite following the program precisely. But when we saw my blood work (and they take a LOT of blood tests, because lupus can affect any organ or body part), the doctor thought that there must be an error. Not only is my bloodwork "like a newborn baby" -- even down to a cholesterol reading in the mid 100s compared to 389 three months ago, a heart rate like an athlete (despite previous lupus-related damage), and blood pressure so low that they couldn't read it, and they had to take me off my anti-hypertensive medications before I just fell over -- there are no markers for RA or lupus or any other autoimmune disease. This isn't the same as being in remission; this is *GONE* like it never happened.

We'll be repeating the tests in 90 days. And we're praising God for such a remarkable gift of renewal and healing, with such a small effort (following WW). Like my husband's "dying" tumor, this healing is beyond the medical profession's understanding.

My boss/pastor said that "this is because you were willing to be obedient" when we had the inspiration to change our lifestyle into more diligent healthy eating, despite things being weird at church/my job, DH's intestinal tumor, and the bankruptcy and unfriendly takeover of DH's company all at the same time. (We flunked the "are you ready to lose weight" quiz at weightwatchers.com, and you know they wrote that quiz to include pretty much anyone who is breathing and has $12 for their first meeting!) I can tell you that it is an undeserved favor from a gracious God.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #6  
Chick

Aunt Loopy, you have no idea what you are doing for my faith!!!!! First your husband keeps his job, no==gets a better one, his tumor disappears, you decide to get healthy and give WW a try-------you lose weight beautifully and then all your autoimmune markers are gone. Now----if that doesn't beat all. Weigh to go! Keep up the good work.
Judy
Old 03-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Aunt Loopy woohooo Congrats. Doing a little shout for you. As someone who has a relative with Lupus and some who suffers from RA I know that is a miracle.

Princess congrats on the weight loss. I am still just kind of hanging out. I am seriously starting back on the program of tracking and exercising.

I took a 15 minute walk with my evening client and then killed my effort with half of a homemade pizza. This was one of those I wasn't really hungry all day then I went to starving.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Princess What a great weight loss!!! You are my inspiration this week!!!!!!!

Aunt Loopy! Your health news is wonderful! It is a miracle! We all know that our health is going to improve as our weight goes down, but to have those improvements so quickly is a miracle, I think the pastor is correct about your "willingness to be obedient" You have faithfully followed the plan and you truely deserve all that is happening to you! Weight loss and improved health!!!

I made it to the Y yesterday finally! Did 30 min eliptical, 20 treadmill, felt great!!!!! I don't know if it is the time change but I am tired!!! Need some energy. Eating has been better, portions still a little too large! Need to work on that. Sun is shining today this will help I am sure. I am going to the Y, and then must do some house cleaning. Going to try to keep moving, not sit on my butt ! Going to BBQ some steak for dinner, salad, and green beans to go with it. No unhealthy stuff!!! All good today.

Feeling the good vibes!!! from all you Turtles! and sending some back!
Keepin on !!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well I have been out of the loop for a few days...things just seemed to creep up on me and I have made some bad food choices this week. I just did not plan meals like I should even though I knew I was going to have some late nights. But this is a new week and wi is tomorrow what better way to get motivated again.

Princess way to go!!!!!! And Aunt Loopy I have this vision of you dancing and signing about pantyhose....next thing you know you will have on high heels and an ankle bracelet to show off those legs!

And as Terrod says the vibes here are so positive how can you not be smiling you way through the day as you count your blessings?

btw I am on the last two days of this dreadful steriod prednisone...one of the side effects is easy bruising and I have two whoppers. One on the inside of my right wrist and the other my tail bone making it hard to walk and sit....go figure? but the good news is my sinus infection is gone and some of my psorisis is clearing which it has not done in over 2 years of creams
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #10  

Just a quick note before I carry it off to my lovely bed.

I am relearning some lessons which I have seemed to forgot. So on the the lessons learned (again)
1. Skipping breakfast is a very very very bad idea. I tend to overeat the rest of the day. Today was no different.

2. When I don't eat properly my body is not happy with me and I feel bad.

3. I need to use exercise as my escape.

4. Okay I really need to get some more sleep.

I am done for the night. It was one of those days. Well tomorrow is my weigh in day and like Nancy I have another reason to get motivated.

So everyone have a goodnight. Off to bed since I work in the morning, did I mention I am tired of my job also .
Old 03-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all... it was cool but nice here yesterday but the sky is dark and rain is on the way today. Family from up North will be here soon so I only have a minute but wanted to hop on and see how things were going. Food yesterday was not great I got some strolling/walking in since D-DIL, DGS and I went to the mall for a couple of hours and walked around. Can't really call it exercise since there was lots of stopping and starting while we were shopping but it was a very fun day. The baby was a bit fussy but over all he did really well.

I got up yesterday at 3:00 am, just woke up and could not get back to sleep, had a very long day and could not sleep very well again last night, not sure what is going on. Sleeping really well has always been an issue for me and something that I have tried to correct because it is important to weight loss and over all well being... will keep at it.

I went to WW yesterday morning for my official W/I there, was very happy to see that I was down .4 from my last W/I there which was a long time ago... LOL - again I credit the steps! Funny how a couple of small changes can make a big difference.

Have to run and get ready for company, we are meeting here then packing up lunch, etc and heading to DS house because after all... they are all coming to see the baby and not the rest of us.... LOL!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #12  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Depressing Depressing Depressing wi today up another 3.5 so that is a total of 6.5 in two weeks! But good news is I only have 2 more days of the prednisone so I am hoping next weeks wi will show a loss.
I also am not movingmy ticker I know this gain is more medical than any slip ups of mine

Starting my day right though, eating some egg beaters and veggie sausage pattie. Will go to the local fruit stand and get some apples, bannanas and strawberries.

Ok I am off for now going to do a little yard work with DH and then an antique bookstore
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #13  

So weigh in was today I had a minor gain 0.3# but still not very happy about it. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Happy First Day of Spring Turtles!!

Didn't sleep well but trying to think positive spring thoughts. Back to normal routine today. Son back to school, back to normal work hours, routine!!!
Routine eating, routine exercise! I need this routine. I function better, eat better!
Y tonight for aquafit, lunch packed with fruits, veggies, all good stuff.
Hope everyone else is having a great first full day of spring, and thinking light and fluffy spring thoughts!!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #15  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, did the time change affect your sleep patterns? I know I've felt like I have jet lag this entire week. Last night I finally got a good night's sleep, so hopefully I'm back on track. It's so cute that the baby is the gathering spot for you and your relatives. Those babies do that! Glad your WW WI showed a loss. : Weigh to go!

Nancy, on a positive note, you're almost done with the Prednisone and you should start losing again soon. : and with a good eating plan you'll be fine!

Life4evr, okay----here's : to be back on track and wanting to lose more weight and get in more exercise! It is wonderful that you've broken that magic number and no longer have 100# to lose. Good for you!

Terri, yeah! I like that positive attitude. Routine has so much to do with this weight loss plan. Eating the right breakfast, lunch and dinner with fruit for snacks and exercising without even thinking about it establishes a healthy lifestyle-----just what we're all looking for.

Yesterday was better. I'm having a group of WW's in for lunch on Wednesday so I'm counting on this being a good week.
Everybody drink that water and keep on moving!
Judy