Old 03-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #1  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Default Handling Temptation - Joyce Meyer

So, this morning I forced myself out of bed and made it to the gym around 7 (about an hour later than I really wanted to be there). Got situated on the treadmill, hooked my headphones up to the little television that is on the treadmill and started my walk. I had fully intended to find a music station and listen to some music while I was walking. Instead I decided to do a little channel hopping and ended up on a channel with Joyce Meyer. I love Joyce Meyer. She was talking about temptation. I had missed the beginning of the show but tuned in as she was talking about the things people say to themselves, some of the excuses we make. Of course the one example she gave that stuck out the most to me was our tendency to say things like “I can’t eat just one cookie. If I eat one, I’ll have to eat 12.” (I can’t remember exactly how she worded it, but you get the picture). I wish I could remember exactly what it is she went on to say, but it was something along the lines of “You’re a born again Christian, filled with the Holy Spirt, a child of the God that created the universe and you’re going to tell me that you are being bossed around by a cookie?” Wow! Makes you think, doesn't it?

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Last edited by MamaP; 03-16-2011 at 11:36 AM.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #2  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

:-) I love this.........
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Great !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

I love her too! I am reading Power thoughts right now and that exact thing was in the chapter - I am discipline and self controlled - that I am reading. I have heard her say before don't let the pie push you around! it is so true, often my mind tells me what to do, drives me nuts it tells me just eat and start tomorrow, lie! I have eated and started tomorrow myself for years, today is the day.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #5  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Awesome
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #6  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Thanks for posting this MamaP! I needed to hear this today. Struggling to get back on plan after being off it 4 days. I should put down being bossed around by my sweettooth and fast food tooth. Have A Great Day!
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for this post! I've posted the quote on my accountability wall. When I get caught up in my own drama and doubt, I'll eyeball these words and Get Over It!
Losing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HWK256/SW247/239/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaP View Post
Of course the one example she gave that stuck out the most to me was our tendency to say things like “I can’t eat just one cookie. If I eat one, I’ll have to eat 12.” (I can’t remember exactly how she worded it, but you get the picture). I wish I could remember exactly what it is she went on to say, but it was something along the lines of “You’re a born again Christian, filled with the Holy Spirt, a child of the God that created the universe and you’re going to tell me that you are being bossed around by a cookie?” Wow! Makes you think, doesn't it?

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
I love this, such a new perspective.
dancinginpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Perfect!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote