Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #1  

Default Cheating?

What are some good "legal" foods that you eat that make you feel like you are cheating because they are that good? For me its greek yogurt with a little sugar free caramel syrup and a dash of cinnamon. YUM. Its a tangy sweet creamy snack that tastes like it should be loaded with fat and calories but thankfully its not.
RiverWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #2  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

For me? Salsa. It's the best thing to ever happen to vegetables! The only problem is finding something healthy to eat WITH the salsa, lol.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

I like the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and laughing cow cheese.

I tried Haagen Daz's low fat vanilla frozen yogurt last night and I couldn't believe how rich it was. Granted that at 180 cals for 1/2 cup it isn't exactly calorie friendly but it only has 2.5 grams of fat and it was so good, it was more like rich ice cream than frozen yogurt. That being said, I just checked their website and it says 200 calories and 4.5 grams of fat for the same product??? Now I'm confused, the packaging has different into.

Anyway, it was good, but I think I'll stick with the Skinny Cow sandwiches...lol.
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

sweet potatoe fries. I found a seasoning packet of bacon and chive and its like 5 calories per serving or something ridiculous like that. Mix em with olive oil and bake until almost crispy...mmmm delish!
WeightForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

i cut up pieces of bananas, drizzle a TINY TINY bit of chocolate on them, freeze them and eat them as snacks! DEELLICCIOUSSS!! i
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/160/145

Height: 5'1"

Portabella mushroom pizzas are -amazing-. The flavor of the portabella is different from the average mushroom you find sliced up in a blue carton, and they are big, hearty, and filling.

2-4 portabella mushrooms, bake them at around 350 for 15 mins on each side. Take a canned tomato sauce and pour some into the basin of the mushroom. Shake on some salt, pepper, oregano, and whatever else you like on your pizza (but those three seasonings usually suffice in order to make it taste pizza-y). I then use plenty of either fat free or low fat mozz, and sprinkle a little sharp romano or parmesan, and broil that sucker till it's got a bubbly, golden top.

Seriously, these things are super low in calories depending on how much cheese you use, and even then they don't typically exceed more than 40-50 cals each.
doopdoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #7  

GREAT THREAD!! Thanks all - am looking forward to trying these recipe suggestions -not only do they sound amazing, they're not difficult to make - which is important to me. Much appreciated! L.
newbieblogger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:20 PM   #8  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Wendy's.

I was a fast food junkie. I love that I can go there and get a chili, or a good salad even a burger. It fixes my fast food craving. I also like that if I'm ever out and about, there's usually a Wendy's close by.
I had lunch there today with my daughter, I got chili and a side salad, it was under 300 calories.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

I absolutely love Fage fat free with cinnamon, splenda, and a splash of vanilla. It is like icecream for breakfast.

I also love to cut a potato into fries, dip into egg white with spices, spray with Pam, and bake. Sooooo yummy.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #10  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopdoop View Post
Portabella mushroom pizzas are -amazing-. The flavor of the portabella is different from the average mushroom you find sliced up in a blue carton, and they are big, hearty, and filling.

2-4 portabella mushrooms, bake them at around 350 for 15 mins on each side. Take a canned tomato sauce and pour some into the basin of the mushroom. Shake on some salt, pepper, oregano, and whatever else you like on your pizza (but those three seasonings usually suffice in order to make it taste pizza-y). I then use plenty of either fat free or low fat mozz, and sprinkle a little sharp romano or parmesan, and broil that sucker till it's got a bubbly, golden top.

Seriously, these things are super low in calories depending on how much cheese you use, and even then they don't typically exceed more than 40-50 cals each.
Oh my, that sounds amazing. I am SO going to try that. Anything with cheese or that even resembles a pizza grabs my attention.

Mine would probably be a healthy alternative I found to ranch dressing. I use a single-serving cup of Fage fat-free Greek yogurt, and stir in a small amount of ranch seasoning. You get a large amount of creamy, tangy ranch dressing for an AMAZING amount of calories. Really, depending on how much of the packet of seasoning you use (it's 5 cals per serving). I maybe only used two to three teaspoons, and it averaged about 100-110 calories. I used it to dip my veggies in, and it was heavenly!

Last edited by 3FCer344892; 04-08-2011 at 07:47 AM.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote